1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

U.S. Politics 2017: So much for the tolerant SPPf

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by BigLutz, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Eternalserenity

Eternalserenity Wanderer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...0_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.d7dd1cd6a703

Here's a little more hot garbage to toss onto the flaming heap. Trump's faction is banning the CDC from using certain words in any official documents related to next year's budget. The forbidden words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.” Looks like more attempts being made against very specific groups of people, doesn't it?

2. Teruhn

Teruhn Member

I'm legitimately peeved that evidence and science are on the chopping block. Like, okay, you're bigoted buttmunches hellbent on marginalizing vulnerable communities, but seriously, you're not even going to allow facts anymore? The hell is the CDC even supposed to do, then!? Voodoo magic? Acupuncture? Faith healing? Go with their gut feeling? The hell!?

Screams into pillow as faith in humanity dwindles further

3. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

They're supposed to say "Donald Trump said it doesn't exist, and he's basically God in flesh, so it doesn't exist."

4. Teruhn

Teruhn Member

Oh jesus. Trump's totally gonna start spouting Antivaxxer nonsense.

5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  6. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Funnily enough the AIDS crisis started this way, with the Regan administration banning the CDC from talking about Blood and Blood related transmissions. Though from that famous interaction where he was apparently fine with AIDS affecting black and gay communities, it's like they wanted things to work out in the worst way possible.

7. EnglishALT

EnglishALT Well-Known Member

Politico dropped a massive bombshell today about the Obama Administration's efforts to stop the DEA from going after Hezbollah as they imported cocaine into America, all so that they can get a win with the terrible Iran deal.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/

The Obama Administration has had a lot of up sides and down sides like any presidency. However his policies toward Iran were absolutely terrible.

8. Tbh I think preventing nuclear war is more important than stopping drug flow.

Some conspiracy.

9. EnglishALT

EnglishALT Well-Known Member

Did it prevent a nuclear war or delay it? After 11 to 13 years Iran can add in 3,500 advanced centrifuges that reduces their break out time to six months. In all likely hood the war has just been delayed until Iran starts installing the advanced centrifuges in a decade's time.

10. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

What I'm confused about is, we were scared of a nuclear war with iran back then, but now we're deciding if north korea can even hit us with an international missile? Did we even have reason to be scared back then or is iran just years and years ahead of north korea?

11. Scammel

Scammel Well-Known Member

The distinction between North Korea and Iran is the apparent rationality of the actors, though I think the differences are overblown. There are many who fear that the North Korean regime is so unhinged that it would have little compunction over actually using nuclear weapons, while the Iranian government is better at realpolitik. However, I think the evidence bears out the fact that North Korea is actually more calculating than always meets the eye - a much greater threat is posed by rogue non-state actors getting a hold of WMDs, and that's still a pretty miniscule eventuality. Deterrence works.

12. bobjr

North Korea has to be more stable than the average person thinks, otherwise it would have collapsed by now. If they were as crazy as some people say there would have been a revolution or coup or something along those lines.

13. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret The Great Dreamer

Deleted my Twitter account in disappointment because Donald Trump DIDN'T block me. He blocked Stephen King though.

I kept drawing comparisons between his leadership and the Third Reich (along with a couple posts saying "You rock! Cancel that!"). I also posted a picture of my dog with a caption that says "Smarter than your average Trump".

The only reason I joined Twitter in the first place was to see how long he'd take to block me (apparently that's a status thing now)

14. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

As if a president has enough time to block people in his twitter with all the demeaning comments he gets on a daily basis.

15. Kung Fu Ferret

He's probably doing it at 3AM!

16. Poke Trainer J

Poke Trainer J Well-Known Member

Tax Reform has been passed through both the House and the Senate with no Democratic votes and is expected to be signed into law by President Trump.

17. Kung Fu Ferret

I hope that he gets impeached and replaced with someone who doesn't suck.

18. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

DRPK is actually a fairly young country. It is only around 60-70 years old(70 years for the provisional republic, 60 for Chinese withdrawal, 45 for Juche ideology).

For reference, the timeline between the Treaty of Paris constitution of USA and the civil war is around 80 years. Next great crisis, Great Depression, also took around 70-80 years to occur. Collapse of USSR took 70 years.

Edit:
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/12/1...bt-roy-moore-doug-jones-son-comes-out-as-gay/

Doug Jones' son came out from closet.

Edit 2:https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/1...cluding-transgender-diversity-evidence-based/
    Hahaha oh wow.

Edit 3: https://twitter.com/CalebMelby/status/943514018790236160
    Wall Street is dying :(.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  19. bobjr

So only a few nations were in support of the Jerusalem move, now how many of these don't have a U.S. puppet leader or are a client state?
    Guatemala
    Honduras
    Israel
    Marshall Islands
    Micronesia
    Nauru
    Palau
    Togo
    United States

20. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

Interesting that I only know 4 of those countries...

Also a bunch of countries decided not to vote at all. I wonder if the USA will still take that as the same as voting against.