• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Teruhn

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...0_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.d7dd1cd6a703

Here's a little more hot garbage to toss onto the flaming heap. Trump's faction is banning the CDC from using certain words in any official documents related to next year's budget. The forbidden words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.” Looks like more attempts being made against very specific groups of people, doesn't it?

I'm legitimately peeved that evidence and science are on the chopping block. Like, okay, you're bigoted buttmunches hellbent on marginalizing vulnerable communities, but seriously, you're not even going to allow facts anymore? The hell is the CDC even supposed to do, then!? Voodoo magic? Acupuncture? Faith healing? Go with their gut feeling? The hell!?

Screams into pillow as faith in humanity dwindles further

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
They're supposed to say "Donald Trump said it doesn't exist, and he's basically God in flesh, so it doesn't exist."

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Funnily enough the AIDS crisis started this way, with the Regan administration banning the CDC from talking about Blood and Blood related transmissions. Though from that famous interaction where he was apparently fine with AIDS affecting black and gay communities, it's like they wanted things to work out in the worst way possible.

EnglishALT

Politico dropped a massive bombshell today about the Obama Administration's efforts to stop the DEA from going after Hezbollah as they imported cocaine into America, all so that they can get a win with the terrible Iran deal.

But as Project Cassandra reached higher into the hierarchy of the conspiracy, Obama administration officials threw an increasingly insurmountable series of roadblocks in its way, according to interviews with dozens of participants who in many cases spoke for the first time about events shrouded in secrecy, and a review of government documents and court records. When Project Cassandra leaders sought approval for some significant investigations, prosecutions, arrests and financial sanctions, officials at the Justice and Treasury departments delayed, hindered or rejected their requests.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/

The Obama Administration has had a lot of up sides and down sides like any presidency. However his policies toward Iran were absolutely terrible.

EnglishALT

Tbh I think preventing nuclear war is more important than stopping drug flow.

Some conspiracy.

Did it prevent a nuclear war or delay it? After 11 to 13 years Iran can add in 3,500 advanced centrifuges that reduces their break out time to six months. In all likely hood the war has just been delayed until Iran starts installing the advanced centrifuges in a decade's time.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Did it prevent a nuclear war or delay it? After 11 to 13 years Iran can add in 3,500 advanced centrifuges that reduces their break out time to six months. In all likely hood the war has just been delayed until Iran starts installing the advanced centrifuges in a decade's time.

What I'm confused about is, we were scared of a nuclear war with iran back then, but now we're deciding if north korea can even hit us with an international missile? Did we even have reason to be scared back then or is iran just years and years ahead of north korea?

Scammel

The distinction between North Korea and Iran is the apparent rationality of the actors, though I think the differences are overblown. There are many who fear that the North Korean regime is so unhinged that it would have little compunction over actually using nuclear weapons, while the Iranian government is better at realpolitik. However, I think the evidence bears out the fact that North Korea is actually more calculating than always meets the eye - a much greater threat is posed by rogue non-state actors getting a hold of WMDs, and that's still a pretty miniscule eventuality. Deterrence works.

bobjr

Staff member
North Korea has to be more stable than the average person thinks, otherwise it would have collapsed by now. If they were as crazy as some people say there would have been a revolution or coup or something along those lines.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Deleted my Twitter account in disappointment because Donald Trump DIDN'T block me. He blocked Stephen King though.

I kept drawing comparisons between his leadership and the Third Reich (along with a couple posts saying "You rock! Cancel that!"). I also posted a picture of my dog with a caption that says "Smarter than your average Trump".

The only reason I joined Twitter in the first place was to see how long he'd take to block me (apparently that's a status thing now)

Poke Trainer J

Tax Reform has been passed through both the House and the Senate with no Democratic votes and is expected to be signed into law by President Trump.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
North Korea has to be more stable than the average person thinks, otherwise it would have collapsed by now. If they were as crazy as some people say there would have been a revolution or coup or something along those lines.

DRPK is actually a fairly young country. It is only around 60-70 years old(70 years for the provisional republic, 60 for Chinese withdrawal, 45 for Juche ideology).

For reference, the timeline between the Treaty of Paris constitution of USA and the civil war is around 80 years. Next great crisis, Great Depression, also took around 70-80 years to occur. Collapse of USSR took 70 years.

Edit:
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/12/1...bt-roy-moore-doug-jones-son-comes-out-as-gay/

Doug Jones' son came out from closet.

Edit 2:https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/1...cluding-transgender-diversity-evidence-based/
Hahaha oh wow.

Edit 3: https://twitter.com/CalebMelby/status/943514018790236160
Wall Street is dying :(.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
So only a few nations were in support of the Jerusalem move, now how many of these don't have a U.S. puppet leader or are a client state?
Guatemala
Honduras
Israel
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Togo
United States

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So only a few nations were in support of the Jerusalem move, now how many of these don't have a U.S. puppet leader or are a client state?
Guatemala
Honduras
Israel
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Togo
United States

Interesting that I only know 4 of those countries...

Also a bunch of countries decided not to vote at all. I wonder if the USA will still take that as the same as voting against.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Guatemala
Honduras
Israel
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Togo
United States

Canada historically supported US' Israel votes, but this was an exception. Marshall Islands also did not support US in some previous votes.

Anyways, I would advise against seeing big geopolitical games in UN resolutions in Israel. Not because there isn't any, but the amount of UN resolutions regarding Israel has gone to comical levels, and have stifled bigger crimes ongoing in Myanmar, Turkey and Syria.

*Nauru is more of a Australian client, though. So is Togo.

Last edited: