• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It really hard to take North Korea seriously as a threat when they are notorious for marking threat and not following up on them over and over again.

Also even if trump is right he could of handle it in a better way.

Actually, DPRK boogeyman mostly empowers the right-wing governments in Asia and allows US to expand its military influence unnecessarily, not unlike what was the case of previous Cold War.

That is more a significant victory Drumpf than actual dictatorship in DPRK.

Iran is in a similar situation in MENA. Most Sunni countries actually do not want to get rid of it, because if Iran dies, then their own theocracies and monarchies will collapse like domino blocks.

"Actually, DPRK boogeyman mostly empowers the right-wing governments in Asia and allows US to expand its military influence unnecessarily, not unlike what was the case of previous Cold War."

Care to elaborate on this at all?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
"Actually, DPRK boogeyman mostly empowers the right-wing governments in Asia and allows US to expand its military influence unnecessarily, not unlike what was the case of previous Cold War."

Care to elaborate on this at all?

I would, but for another time, since Moon has intervened to de-escalate the situation, it would be meaningless to explain it in detail(with China benefiting greatly from distraction). Just search for Suharto and Marcos in the meanwhile, k?

Anyways, speaking of communist guerrillas, this made me chuckle.

I would, but for another time, since Moon has intervened to de-escalate the situation, it would be meaningless to explain it in detail(with China benefiting greatly from distraction). Just search for Suharto and Marcos in the meanwhile, k?

Anyways, speaking of communist guerrillas, this made me chuckle.

I don't think it really works like that. If you're going to drop geo-political assertions into the thread, you need to back your **** up with some data otherwise it just looks like contrived mumbo to make yourself appear knowledgable.

Further, it's a little patronizing to tell me to just google stuff, because it's presumptious about what I do and don't know. I'm familiar with who Suharto is, for example (There's almost an entire chapter about his antics in the book I'm reading: "The Shock Doctrine") but that still doesn't make it immediately clear what the hell you're talking about.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I've heard that some countries haven't done what they should with North Korea as a kinda boogeyman, while going "if X takes over who will deal with NK?", but I'm not experienced enough to know a lot of the specifics outside of China, and Russia is just desperate for trade.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Thanks - it would probably help if you flesh out more of your posts so the rest of us can see what page you're on. Take for example, the second part of your claim. The U.S. expands its military influence throug DRPK, but how? Are new bases being constructed? Special trade deals being struck? Arms deals? Troop build up? What?

The example of Japan feels kind of weak - a single right wing party has gotten a pick me up in a country where we already had significant military influence. That's not quite enough to support your thesis, you need a pattern - is the same bolstering of the right wing happening in South Korea and the Phillipines? Elsewhere? When you say "expand" in this context most people are thinking of influence coming to a place where the U.S. didn't have it before, so countries that aren't allies with us or are, but have been averse to letting our military set up shop would be especially poignant for your case.

Last edited:

Pikachu52

I bought a copy of “Fire and Fury” and it’s audio book - though I’ve only had time to read the first two chapters.

I would recommend it. It’s written like a novel so the reader gets a dramatized scenes of events rather than just descriptive text. Simply and eloquently written.

It probably should be taken with a grain of salt though. I suspect it’s highly dramatized given the detail accompanying the first few scenes and there’s no way to verify everything. I also think we’ve got most of the crux from the excerpt published last week.

It’s certainly sent the idiot into several days of angry tweeting, the culmination of which was him declaring what he “stable genius” he is yesterday and declaring bannon “Sloppy Steve.”

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
It’s certainly sent the idiot into several days of angry tweeting, the culmination of which was him declaring what he “stable genius” he is yesterday and declaring bannon “Sloppy Steve.”

What amazes me most from his tweeting is that he claims 2016 was the first year in which he campaigned to be POTUS, when in actuality he ran for campaign before in 2000, and then sought the Republican nomination again in 2012...It doesn't help dispel claims that he may be suffering from dementia or other mental illnesses in the book.

I haven't read or bought the book myself as I'm not an American citizen, but wow some of the alleged stuff from that book are eye-openers;

- Donald and Melania Trump sleep in separate bedrooms, the first 'First Couple' to do so since JFK and Jackie Kennedy.
- Trump has a McDonalds Cheeseburger every night at 18:30 and likes to drop by at random McDonalds around Washington DC because he's afraid of being poisoned by White House staff. He either eats this cheeseburger with Steve Bannon or on his own in bed.
- Trump tried to put a lock on his own bedroom door for safety, until the Secret Service told him not to.
- Trump loves to leave his clothes around his bedroom and demands that his laundry staff do not touch his clothes as 'if they're on the floor, its because I want them there.'
- Trump has never read the Constitution - advisers tried to list all twenty-seven amendments to the Constitution, but they only got up to the 4th one before he got bored and told them to stop.
- Trump did not expect to win the Presidency; he was already making plans before the election to act as a 'martyr' for the far-right, negotiate tv deals for himself and his friends, and to even get his own TV Channel.
- On the day of the election result, Melania reportedly cried 'tears that were not tears of joy,' and cried again at Trump's inauguration.
- Trump apparently hated every minute of his inauguration because there were no 'A-List celebrities to congratulate him.'
- Nearly every single one of Trump's advisers have called him derogatory terms from 'idiot,' 'moron' to 'child' and 'stupid.'

Its so funny reading excerpts and descriptions of the book online, its practically worse than what everyone thought about Trump and his chaotic administration.

Pikachu52

- Trump has never read the Constitution - advisers tried to list all twenty-seven amendments to the Constitution, but they only got up to the 4th one before he got bored and told them to stop.

This one, if true, is while not surprise certain the most damning when you consider a great part of Conservative identity and rhetoric for the last decade has been “love of the constitution” and attacking the Obama administration for attacks on the constitution, yet here’s Trump not having even read the document itself.

EnglishALT

Has any of the audio recordings been released? The GQ article suggests he has them, as does the Today show interview the author had. However seeing how his objectivity is under question from Trump's people, the press, and even Tony Blair it would be nice to have some kind of proof other than "take my word for it".

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
2 good things today. First North Carolina has to have it's districts changed, because that was a horrible partisan mess. Also for those wondering if the Dems would bargain with the DACA for other stuff, a federal judge has blocked the Trump admin from changing anything, citing a flawed legal premise for getting rid of it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So in other horrifying news, that racist idiot Trump pardoned is apparently gonna run for Senate in Arizona. Would love to hear how the republicans try to justify this one.

Poke Trainer J

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-shows-unsettling-interest-overhauling-libel-laws

President Trump recently announced that he wants to gut the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution by overhauling the nation's libel laws during his meeting with fellow Cabinet members a few days ago while discussing DACA:

“Our current libel laws are a sham and a disgrace, and do not represent American values or American fairness,” Trump said. “So we’re going to take a strong look at that. We want fairness. You can’t say things that are false — knowingly false — and be able to smile as money pours into your bank account. We’re going to take a very, very strong look at that. And I think what the American people want to see is fairness.”

Pressuring Congress to change libel laws in order to make it easier for Trump and his lawyers to sue 'Fire and Fury' author Michael Wolff for defamation is an act of obstructing justice that violates the U.S. Constitution in which Trump was sworn to protect and honor. If anything this blows the Russia Probe out of the water as far as Robert Mueller's investigation goes as this will only lead toward impeachment hearings in Washington to get Trump removed from office.

Last edited: