• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Not really. America and the American right has always been especially sympathetic towards Israel, so the only surprise is that this bastion of obvious antisemitism has been tolerated for so long.
You have great dodging methods. I say you should apply for the Whitehouse job fair.

Zora

perpetually tired
Meanwhile on the GOP takes advantage of the situation:

• Trump to propose merging of Department of Labor and Education.
  • Obama's 2010 ocean protection revoked.
  • House GOP looking to cut medicare and medicaid by $500 billion and $1 trillion repsectively by and will "cut" social security by $4 billion over the next decade as well as adding more work requirements to SNAP/SSI . This is the bill to 'fix' 1.5 trillion tax cuts earlier from last year, which would also have been saved by not passing a needless tax cut bill.
  • Trump expanded a brand of healthcare plans permissible under Obamacare coverage that are pretty much healthcare plans in name only.
Did I miss anything? I'm mostly asking to keep on top because a lot of these smaller stories, any of them worth dominating the news for the day, are flying under radar.

Edit: Good twitter thread on Trump's EO regarding family separation.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Scammel, unless you are claiming every Jewish person, regardless of citizenship, is part of Benjamin Netenyahu's current government, you are reaching real far to paint me in a very bad way. Kindly stop.

Never did I claim that Jewish people control anything, nor did I claim any of that other BS. I merely said that we shouldn't turn a blind eye and ignore the Israeli(NOT Jewish) Government doing what every other Middle Eastern Government does (with our money and tech adding to the scale), unless they reform(primarily by getting rid of wannabe tinpot dictator Netenyahu), and stop doing things like Stuxnet, massacring people at the border of disputed land, leading us into family feud-driven wars via bad intel to butter up conservative Christian warhawks who want to keep the Crusades going(which were, are and forever shall be inherently antisemitic and Islamophobic), and other things that normally are crimes, just to "prove" we aren't antisemitic(Spoilers mate:Antisemitism still exists in Western power structures(in every one) along with racism, sexism, every human-centric phobia and other forms of hatred, we just bribe, blindly believe and ignore whatever the Israeli and other purportedly allied governments do to say otherwise). I'd rather we diplomatically help with their internal peace process and encourage government reform, rather than go to war with Eurasia for the same reasons every time.

If you're an atheist or agnostic, you're not practicing Judaism and thus are not Jewish anymore, nor is your branch of your family or bloodline after you unless they begin doing such. People who come from a Jewish family just come from that family. You have to actively be, practice and pass on religious to be part of a religion.

Identifying as being born into a Jewish family and practicing Judaism are 2 different things. Same as born into a Christian family vs practicing Christianity.

There are no "Jewish genes", just as there are no "American genes".

Stop it.

The fact that practicing Judaism and being born into a Judaic family has nothing to do with being black, white, yellow, brown and/or red-skinned, is not restricted to and welcomes all who convert proves not all Jewish people are whatever you dreamed up as their "race". Are Christians, Liberals or Americans a race? No. Judaism's a a religion. End of discussion.

And that landlady can go f**k herself.

If I had a problem with EVERY Jewish person, then maybe you'd have a point.

Scammel

Lots of text

'There is no unique feature of the Israeli state that could possibly account for the fact that this organisation thinks it has an infinitely worse record on human rights than Russia and China'.

If you're an atheist or agnostic, you're not practicing Judaism and thus are not Jewish anymore, nor is your branch of your family or bloodline after you unless they begin doing such. People who come from a Jewish family just come from that family. You have to actively be, practice and pass on religious to be part of a religion.

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/978547861989281792

Again, Neo-Nazis and Islamists simply don't care whether Jewish people are practicing or not.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Blind faith in ANYTHING is the death of reason. And quantity of complaints =/= quality of atrocity.

Those ****ers you brought up are the extreme, though. They see only blood, not nuance.

You're still reaching.

Scammel

I'm reaching so very far... for the first paragraph of Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews

Mate, do you perhaps want to take a step back and consider why you might be fervently trying to minimise this particular form of racism? Take a break, swap out a few key words in your posts and see how it sounds?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
So you support all governments inherently because they have all the right to do whatever they want because they have power, legitimate or otherwise, all of the time, every single time, unless yours doesn't like them.

K.

And I am condemning Nazis and other hate groups. They are bad. They think bad.

I can not like a government w/o making it a Jewish thing. You made it so.

Are all Jewish people citizens of Israel the country or part of Israel the concept? Do they carry Israeli passports, visas and birth certificates? Or do they IDENTIFY as belonging to a RELIGION(bloodline, active or otherwise) that comes from said general area, just as Muslims do the same from the general area of Saudi Arabia. Israel the identity and Israel the country are 2 different things. I have nothing wrong with Israel the identity, Just the GOVERNMENT of the political area that was named Israel by Americans and Western Europeans dumping Jewish people there as a political foothold in the forseen future that became post-British Empire Middle East disguised as an apology for the Holocaust in order to assert thinly-disguised religious claims on land in the name of the (shared between all parties but constantly reinterpreted) Abrahamic God(that should be shared by 3 religions IMO), which could have been done w/o neo-colonialism.

Neo Nazis, "Islamists"(be more specific)" and people like that conflate the two aspects in order to spread fear and paranoia. I do not. You are.

And Wikipedia can be edited by anybody, so it's not a reliable source. I'd like the Jewish members of this forum to speak up.

EDIT:The UN Human rights Council only got those complaints because membership got bloated. If other nations had kept it small, the complains would be less common. But doesn't change the fact that bad things do happen over there, so the quantity is disputable, but not the quality of acts.

Last edited:

Scammel

So you support all governments inherently because they have all the right to do whatever they want because they have power, legitimate or otherwise, all of the time, every single time, unless yours doesn't like them.

Still dancing around that maypole without touching it, aren't you?

'There is no unique feature of the Israeli state that could possibly account for the fact that this organisation thinks it has an infinitely worse record on human rights than Russia and China'.

Unless this is an accurate depiction of your worldview and you think Russia and China are indeed stronger performers on human rights on Israel? I ain't judging./s

And Wikipedia can be edited by anybody, so it's not a reliable source.

Ohhhhhhhhhh mate.

'First they came for the Jews, and I claimed that Wikipedia pages were being edited to help weaponise claims of anti-Semitism and that secular Jewish identity does not exist, because I was not a Jew'.

Anyways: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/10/01/jewish-american-beliefs-attitudes-culture-survey/

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
And I addressed this via the edit I made. You might look at it.

Swing and a miss.

Scammel

And I addressed this via the edit I made. You might look at it.

Swing and a miss.

It's... unintelligible.

Again - why do you think this organisation thinks that Israel seemingly has the worst human rights record in the world while Russia and China have clean slates? Do you entertain for even a second that it might be because Israel is the world's only Jewish state?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
If the excess Muslim and Eastern European nations weren't added as a sign of "good faith", the complaints would be lessened, but not gone.

I'm agreeing with you, but in a different way that you wanted.

Us leaving is sending the message that we don't care about human rights anymore.

But we'd have left even if the Israel complaints weren't there, because it's a distraction from ICE, the Russian collusion(which Russian State Media JUST ADMITTED TO I might add), repealing Obamacare, cutting funds to human needs projects, enforcing the religious right, provoking Iran, cutting rights from all but white cisgender heterosexual males and Uncle Toms left and right, the upcoming election, and other idiotic things the government is doing, as well as saying that we don't care unless the cult of MAGA and Metokur get their way all the time..

Is THAT clear enough?

Scammel

I was giving you the benefit on the doubt in the earlier conversation (ignorance over malice etc.) but you have clearly signposted that you are a racist. Go away, racist.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Uncle Tom means that you sell out and persecute your own people to a dominant/enslaving group for bonus privileges.

Not whatever you think it does.

Scammel

It's a racial slur used by racists such as yourself, racist. You know those racist cartoons beloved by the far right, of black people in chains being forced to vote Democrat? That's what your racism enables. Go on, just call them house n*****s, you're clearly itching to do it.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Yopu're right.

I admit I was mistaken about that term.

Kapo is a better term.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
F*** I messed up.

Sellout...Sellout Is what I'm trying to say, I just can't find the term...

I trying to say they sold out...

Bananarama

The light is coming
'There is no unique feature of the Israeli state that could possibly account for the fact that this organisation thinks it has a worse record on human rights than Russia and China'.

"We must expel the Arabs and take their places and if we have to use force, to guarantee our own right to settle in those places then we have force at our disposal." - David Ben Gurion

We shouldn't forget the thousands of Palestinians that were expelled from their homes in 1948 and still haven't been given the right to return.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Palestinian_exodus

Israel is built on human rights abuses, honey. And that's just scraping the surface.

Last edited: