• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Also, in better news, New Hampshire officially abolished the death penalty after the legislature overrode the governor's veto. With this, the death penalty is now officially illegal in all of the New England states.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This isn't good for people online at all.

New State Department rules that went into effect on Friday will require all U.S. visa applicants to submit their social media information for the past five years. The information would give authorities access to applicants’ photos, locations, among other personal data often shared on social media platforms. When the Trump administration first proposed the new rules last year, the ACLU warned that “It will infringe on the rights of immigrants and US citizens by chilling freedom of speech and association, particularly because people will now have to wonder if what they say online will be misconstrued or misunderstood by a government official.”

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/6...ow_submit_5_years_of_social_media_information

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/visa-social-media-state-department_n_5cf4898ce4b0e8085e3bfde1

Sources: democracy now and huffington post

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Get ready for treason/sedition trials right out of Ancient Rome for badmouthing Trump on social media, even if it is legal to do so.

And watch the "muh freedom of speech" crowd not raise one finger. NOT. ONE. DAMN. KEYSTROKE.

Freedom for Trumpers but not for everybody else. It's coming.

Pelosi should be held jointly accountable with Trump, Pence, and their whole gang for their crimes, because not starting Impeachment proceedings to prove the rule of law still applies to Donald Trump and friends is tantamount to letting them get away with it, hoping that the election will fix things.

Nancy...it didn't fix Merrick Garland's appointment, Trump, Kavanaugh or anything else. Get off your bourgoise ass and do your duty as Speaker. Now.

The DNC are as corrupt as the Republican Party, but for different reasons.

And Pelosi's disrespect for all but the old guard of cishet, pasty white elderly Democrats is proof of this.

Pikachu52

Get ready for treason/sedition trials right out of Ancient Rome for badmouthing Trump on social media, even if it is legal to do so.

And watch the "muh freedom of speech" crowd not raise one finger. NOT. ONE. DAMN. KEYSTROKE.

Freedom for Trumpers but not for everybody else. It's coming.

It’s kind of ironic that it comes at the same time that Trump and his fans on twitter are constantly whining about Social Media companies “discriminating” and blocking and banning conservatives.

Pelosi should be held jointly accountable with Trump, Pence, and their whole gang for their crimes, because not starting Impeachment proceedings to prove the rule of law still applies to Donald Trump and friends is tantamount to letting them get away with it, hoping that the election will fix things.

Nancy...it didn't fix Merrick Garland's appointment, Trump, Kavanaugh or anything else. Get off your bourgoise ass and do your duty as Speaker. Now.

The DNC are as corrupt as the Republican Party, but for different reasons.

And Pelosi's disrespect for all but the old guard of cishet, pasty white elderly Democrats is proof of this.

I think there’s probably a degree of calculation behind Pelosi’s refusal to start Impeachment proceedings. The main one being that as long as Republicans control the Senate President Moron will survive an Impeachment Trial. I also suspect that she fears it will backfire on the Democrats similar to the failed attempt to Impeach Clinton in the 90’s.

It’s played out more or less the way I suggested it might on this site following the mid-terms - the worse the findings of the Mueller Report were for Trump the harder time Republicans would have defending him. As it stands the Mueller report found insufficient evidence of conspiracy in relation to election interference and refused “exonerate” Trump on the question of obstruction - enough for Trump, aided by his personal PR squad on Fox News and lackie of an Attorney General distorting the findings, to bleat “No collusion, No obstruction” and his followers to follow suit. Mueller’s framing of the report hasn’t helped.

She could be biding her time - There are still ongoing investigations potentially into Trump - the 14 other cases Mueller handed off, investigations by House committees. Any of those could produce something much more damning. I still personally suspect it’ll be money laundering that gets Trump. He’s also potentially dropping himself in it by having former staff not answer subpoenas.

In other news, Michael Wolff’s New book, Siege, came out today. I’ve already got my copy.

https://www.amazon.com/Siege-Trump-Under-Michael-Wolff/dp/1250253829

Dream Lad

Banned
The Mueller report is not enough because the Trump regime and Republican party have covered it up as much as possible, and Mueller himself is wanting to be 100% neutral.

Start the impeachment proceedings. That will force all Americans to pay attention. Lay out all the facts, and let the House impeach him. Then the Dems can run ads all day in election season and mention in every debate "Donald Trump has been impeached for blahblahblah. Guilty of blahblahblah."

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
A minor news from rest of the world, but it seem Ecuador's constitutional court has ruled in favour of gay marriage.
https://twitter.com/RexWockner/status/1138897989705977856
It should be in effect when it is published.

For reference Ecuador has legalized same-sex civil unions but constitutionally banned same sex marriage during leftist President Rafael Correa's reign. Apparently that constitutional ban wasn't strong enough.

Edit: Mind you this is an early claim, so it can be disproven in later hours.

Edit 2: https://twitter.com/RexWockner/status/1138897989705977856
Decision has been published, Ecuador has marriage equality now.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Super excited to get in a war with Iran, when only Trump's need for something to be done in one easy step is stopping it.

bobjr

Staff member
Listen they are willing to buy weapons of all kinds from us so we'll cover up anything they do on US Soil. Forget that time Reagan sold Iran a bunch of weapons, and that time we shot down an Iranian commercial plane that killed 200 people as an accident.

Pikachu52

It’s been an eventfully couple of weeks since I last posted here. One development this week that nobody here seems to be mentioned yet - And hasn’t had that much time in the press, is the latest sexual assault allegation made against Donald Trump. Advice columnist E. Jean Carroll has a new book coming out in which she alleges Trump assaulted her in a changing room in the 1990s. Trump has, perhaps predictably, denied ever having known Ms. Carroll only for there to be picture of the two of them together. Needless to say any republican wants to bang on about “creepy” Joe Biden is a hypocrite.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/21/7349...allegation-by-advice-columnist-e-jean-carroll
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...p-gaslight-e-jean-carroll-rape-sexual-assault

bobjr

Staff member
The problem is Joe Biden's stuff is just that, a problem. He's only done stuff that would kill other candidates, and he's basically the establishment push + "Remember Obama?". Anyone like him who treats this as just removing Trump and everything is fixed won't do well as President, and at best just kind of do nothing meaningful.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
My problem with the current Democratic Race is that you have Sanders and Warren who are more progressive and all around better candidates.
I fear that the vote might be split between them and Biden might pull through.

For the record, I am not impressed with Biden.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My problem with the current Democratic Race is that you have Sanders and Warren who are more progressive and all around better candidates.
I fear that the vote might be split between them and Biden might pull through.

For the record, I am not impressed with Biden.
Good point on that. That said, I'd vote for either of them and would never vote for Biden.

Neither am I. But I wouldn't be surprised if him or some other Corporate Dem gets the nomination.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
To be clear though, I would vote him over Trump, but at this stage, I would want the best for my candidate.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
To be clear though, I would vote him over Trump, but at this stage, I would want the best for my candidate.
Fair enough. I would want the same in terms of candidate wise, it's why I'm hoping that the Dems don't go with the usual status quo choices. I figure that could bite them in the butt.

Dream Lad

Banned
I'm just not a fan of these gotcha politics. Oh, so and so said something? Let's blow it out of context and proportion! Oh, so and so might have believed in something over a decade ago? Must be incapable of change and irredeemable (even if their recent legislation record suggests otherwise).

I find so many of these Democrat candidates Sanders wannabes. I actually like Tulsi because she backed Sanders and went against the DNC back in 2016 before some of these other candidates adopted his stances, but she still has appealing views to moderates and Republicans.

I think Bernie is pretty genuine. He actually walked the talk on some of the things he said way before the rest. I am a big fan of his commitment to climate change. However, I am concerned about what implementing a single-payer system would do for physicians, viz the compensation, on top of the increased taxes.

bobjr

Staff member
If it didn't work in other countries there would be an argument, but another issue Bernie addresses is college debt where medical students go into insane debt.

Also the increased taxes don't need to be increased taxes on anyone living a paycheck to paycheck life. Several models show if you're paying for health insurance for some people through your work already, you don't need to pay more. It's mostly rich people and corporations bleeding the system dry.

Pikachu52

The problem is Joe Biden's stuff is just that, a problem. He's only done stuff that would kill other candidates, and he's basically the establishment push + "Remember Obama?". Anyone like him who treats this as just removing Trump and everything is fixed won't do well as President, and at best just kind of do nothing meaningful.

I don’t disagree. I think Biden is decisively the wrong candidate for the Democrats in 2020, mostly but not entirely because of the sexual harassment allegations.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The Supreme Court blocked Trump's request to add a question about citizenship to the United States Census. This would've been bad because it would have led to a massive undercount of Latin Americans, altering legislative districts in states such as Texas and California. And, we would have to live with this undercount for 10 years.

Last edited: