• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Bernie pushed Warren to run in 2016 and ran when she wouldn't, and has been recorded decades ago saying how women can and should be president.

Worst thing I can think of is Bernie talked about how Trump will use being a woman as a negative, and the "source" made things look as bad as possible. Though this has only helped Bernie and made Warren fall even further, because of how blatant this is.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I just didn't want there to be a fight. I'm fine with either of them, honesty.

I don't want separation within the Democratic party.

If Warren did somehow get the nomination, I hope people would have learned their lesson and still vote for her despite not being the Bernie that they wanted.

Like, say what you want about Hillary, but she was better than Trump and the two prominent third party candidates.

bobjr

Staff member
Bernie voters are way more reliable, with only 4% saying they'll not vote for someone else. To put in in perspective Buttigeg voters are three times that.

To me the whole "Bernie or Bust" mentality is about enthusiasm more than electing. If someone else gets the nomination they'll vote, but they won't donate or volunteer, or do anything to help. It could turn into another 2016 where it's holding their nose and voting rather than pushing for a positive change.

Plus there's already separation, the Establishment desperately does not want Bernie.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Too many Bernie of Bust Bernie Bros are threatening to vote Green because they are SUPPOSEDLY Independent, " and "free-thinking", and don't want "to vote for mainstream candidates of the establishment" and "Want integrity instead of private political organizations". and other culty chants like that.

Trump is not the only cult leader, I see.

bobjr

Staff member
I always hear that but the numbers show way more of his supporters go Dem than Hillary supporters in 08 who did the same. Especially when 2016 was the race with the least popular candidates ever.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I always hear that but the numbers show way more of his supporters go Dem than Hillary supporters in 08 who did the same. Especially when 2016 was the race with the least popular candidates ever.
I like Bernie. I do not like his fanboiz who worship, preach, attempt to proselytize everyone and believe everything he says and treat him like a savior like how MAGAs do with Trump.

bobjr

Staff member
A lot of that is overblown. Kind of like how they push the Bernie Bros thing when he has the most diverse support among minorities and women.

Admittedly, the bernie or bust people are a problem, but mainly because they're so vocal they make it look like the bulk of Sanders supporters are fussy cry babies. It's the same thing with "Bernie bros" I mean, are they real? Sure, there definitely is a small faction within Bernie's support that isn't particularly pro woman - otherwise Sanders wouldn't have to come out and publicly condemn them himself last election.

Ignore them. They get too much attention and focusing on them hurts by giving them more clout than they actually have.

bobjr

Staff member
NYT has decided to break trend and back both Warren and Klobuchar for President, because they're that desperate to avoid a Bernie nomination.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't dislike Hillary, but I wish she wouldn't badmouth Bernie.

It's counterproductive and reminds me of one of the reasons she didn't win.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
Hillary Clinton is looking everywhere but the mirror for why 2016 went the way it did. There's a few examples where she blames Bernie for the loss, when none of it is really true at all.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Just realized that I forgot a not in my previous statement. I wanted to say that I wished Hillary would NOT badmouth Bernie, but I achieved the opposite effect.

But yeah, we don't need to bring division in the Democratic party, at least not more than there already is.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Just realized that I forgot a not in my previous statement. I wanted to say that I wished Hillary would NOT badmouth Bernie, but I achieved the opposite effect.

But yeah, we don't need to bring division in the Democratic party, at least not more than there already is.
The question is "Who should the Democrats unite behind?"

The answer is dissolution of political parties. Make everybody fend for themselves. Break up a few money trains in the process.

So, I find myself a bit at odds with a lot of the big progressive voices on youtube saying that the anger over Sanders tweeting out Joe Rogan's endorsement of him.

I'm upset because it's so dismissive and malicious. It's being called "fake outrage" and "off the rails SJW politics" or "woke cancel culture" or whatever, and it just wasn't anything like that. People had a right to be upset when Sanders flaunted the endorsement, given that Joe Rogan is a transphobic bigot.

The issue is that homophobia and transphobia are more socially acceptable than racism, because you know Sanders would have rejected the endorsements of say, Tucker Carlson for example. And this whole argument that Joe Rogan has this amazing platform that's too good to pass up? Bernie was leading before his endorsement, and I thought principle was why everyone liked Bernie to begin with?

But I've noticed this about the progressive wing for some time. They got hardcore in bed with people that use social justice as a pejorative and turned the phrase "identity politics" as a slur. Without "identity politics" we wouldn't have civil rights at all, they would do good to remember that. Politics are formed around identity not for arbitrary or shallow reasons but because society forces groups of marginalized people to band together.

I would be more understanding if they were only making the argument from practicality, but they're being straight up hateful and mean spirited about it.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I really wonder when people like him endorse progressive candidates. My bs detector goes off, thinking that they're doing this to scare people away from voting for them.

I think it was legitimate and everything, Joe Rogan doesn't seem particularly dishonest to me. In terms of handling his endorsement though, I think that, and this might be a mis play I'm not sure, but I wouldn't have rejected the endorsement outright since it technically wasn't an endorsement - Rogan said "probably" He didn't say "I officially support Sanders and I encourage my viewership to vote Sanders" I just wouldn't have said anything at all. It's unlikely that you would see this kind pressure on Sanders to repudiate Rogan if he didn't tweet bragging about his support. I feel like if he kept his mouth shut about it he would have been fine.