• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Trans issues is one of the social issues left where there’s not a clear majority support. It should obviously be higher and Trans people deserve equal rights, but it tends to only poll 40-45% due to ignorance and misinformation. So you will see more and more stuff like this as an election issue this year sadly.

Ascended Dialga

History has been made today. It's the end of an era for Europe and possibly the world. The United Kingdom has now officially left the European Union after 47 years of membership and over three years after the Brexit vote. Opponents of Brexit in Scotland held protests and candlelight vigils while Brexiteers in London are celebrating. The UK is now in a transition period that lasts until December 31. During this period, free travel, movement, and trade to and from the EU will remain in effect. The UK seeks to sign a free trade agreement with the EU similar to the one the EU currently has with Canada. Prime Minister Boris Johnson shared his vision for a post-Brexit UK in an address today:

Departure from EU: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51333314
Transition Period: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50838994
PM Johnson's Address:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Trans issues is one of the social issues left where there’s not a clear majority support. It should obviously be higher and Trans people deserve equal rights, but it tends to only poll 40-45% due to ignorance and misinformation. So you will see more and more stuff like this as an election issue this year sadly.
You get the stupid "Man in a woman's bathroom argument" which obviously is not the end-goal of going through surgery and realigning yourself with a new identity.

Also, public restroom are disgusting, and I really don't care who uses what restroom as long as they don't bother other people.

I had to use the women's restroom a couple of times because the men's restroom was so disgusting, or lacked soap. Nobody else would be at those restrooms at the time.

Also, coward chief Roberts abdicated his responsibility to break a tie vote because the precedent is "150 years old"

Well, the constitution is 200 years old, so I guess that doesn't matter either.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The law failed.

Time to be the law.

Vote these f**kers out, vote Blue(Actual Blue, Not Biden/Bloomberg Purple), Flip the Senate, Hold the House and fix it ourselves.

If you are an American, don't vote red, Purple or excessively rich(Or 3rd-Party. There won't be a mass flocking to such as some kind of political purity vow:That's the fake Berniebro Putinbots talking.)

Biden won't win.
Don't let Bloomberg buy the DNC like Trump did the RNC(Yeah, The DNC changed a rule about grassroots donations to let him in...it's for Bloomberg's $$$ to fund the DNC just like Trump's Deutsch Bank-laundered Putin money bought the RNC: Don't let it happen).
Gabbard is a Putin Asset.
Steyer and Yang bought their way in, along with Bloomberg.
Bloomberg and Biden are not left or blue:Their voting records and political careers reflect this.
Vote for one of the following:Sanders, Warren or Kloubachar. They appear to be the most reasonable, though Bernie has bad staffers, peeved off female PoC in the past and has edgy bro fans, Warren is light purple and has lied a couple of times, and Kloubachar is temperamental.

But these three are the most reasonable compared to the rest.

But don't look for a saint/savior. This is politics. You don't get those.

Marxism purity tests and Marxist revolutions ain't gonna fix anything.

Whinging and waxing philosophical isn't fixing crap.

And DO. YOUR. RESEARCH. Know WHO you are voting for, and WHAT they stand for.

Don't be a Berniebro or any candidate's "Gang" and threaten to pull out/vote 3rd-Party if you don't get your way:that's the Putinbots talking.

And most of all...

Don't. Be. Apathetic.

"It doesn't affect me" is a lie politically apathetic people tell themselves to feel better at night.

IT EFFECTS THE WORLD.

bobjr

Staff member
Weirdly I don't know why they're changing the rules for Bloomberg. He's admitted he's in the race so Bernie won't win, but at the same time isn't he just bleeding Biden/Buttigeg voters?

Unless the plan is to make sure Bernie doesn't get a flat out majority even if he gets the most votes, but if they take the nomination from him then I don't see how they win in 2020.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Weirdly I don't know why they're changing the rules for Bloomberg. He's admitted he's in the race so Bernie won't win, but at the same time isn't he just bleeding Biden/Buttigeg voters?

Unless the plan is to make sure Bernie doesn't get a flat out majority even if he gets the most votes, but if they take the nomination from him then I don't see how they win in 2020.
They want a centrist corporate Dem in. Simple as that.

That, exactly.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
John Delaney has also left the campaign, leaving 11 candidates, with 9 OG ones.

There isn't much to expect from the Iowa caucuses besides Yang falling further behind, so any candidate that leaves after this point is a plus.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't think they care specifically if Joe Biden or Pete Bootlicker or Bloomberg or who wins, as long as it's not Sanders.

bobjr

Staff member
I don't think they care specifically if Joe Biden or Pete Bootlicker or Bloomberg or who wins, as long as it's not Sanders.

oh yeah I 100% believe that, it’s more that it’s doing that strategy more harm than good in my eyes. It’s literally what happened in 2016 with Trump, they crowded things so much the candidate who ran on a different strategy than everyone else slowly took advantage.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
oh yeah I 100% believe that, it’s more that it’s doing that strategy more harm than good in my eyes. It’s literally what happened in 2016 with Trump, they crowded things so much the candidate who ran on a different strategy than everyone else slowly took advantage.
Yep and them following the same pattern yet again could cost them in the end. They're bashing their hypothetical heads against a wall and hoping for a different outcome.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I just saw a Trump ad that said he brought families together.

Now I want a Bloomberg ad saying that he personally shot Hitler.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Still mentally vomiting after Trump and Bloomberg tried to appeal to black people.

I was surprised Steyer and Yang didn't buy in for the buy-in Millionare quadfecta.

Remix2

Dear god this Iowa caucus situation is a dumpster fire, like do the dems want to lose the election rather then have the most popular candidate win?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The Iowa Caucus is a moronic tradition (like most are, to be fair) that has gone on for far too long, and this one involved a pretty serious amount of ****-ups. Everyone involved should be consumed by shame.

But the amount of conspiracy-theorist stuff I'm seeing on Twitter over this is way over-the-top. And also, not a particularly good look for my fellow Sanders supporters. We need to stop disputing primary results at the drop of a hat like this; it was irrational (and, based on the metrics a lot of the conspiracy nuts were using, wrong and riddled with a bunch of weird assumptions) after New York 2016, and it's irrational again now after Iowa 2020. I agree that the results are unfavorable, but a. the entire election is not lost; b. the problem has less to do with anyone doing anything not above-board and more to do with the caucus itself replacing what should be an actual goddamn primary. But apparently that's not as fun to talk about, I guess.

That said, what kinda dipshit names an organization that handles anything this important "Shadow" that's like 90% of a Futurama joke I'm pretty sure