• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Wow. They've all sank so low. I expected this from people like Buttitieg, but not Warren. They're all so jealous and petty.

If they steal the nomination I want Sanders to run as an independent.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Wow. They've all sank so low. I expected this from people like Buttitieg, but not Warren. They're all so jealous and petty.

If they steal the nomination I want Sanders to run as an independent.
And split the vote? You DO know that's what Trump and Putin want, right?

bobjr

Staff member
I think if Bernie is over 40% he wins it, that’s too much to blow up the party. If it’s less and someone is close, but Bernie still has a majority, then I could see it, since people like Warren know it’s their best option.

But Bernie running third party has two problems, first there are sore loser rules, and then it would make him get all the blame for a November loss, even though the DNC would be more to blame. Because if Bernie has the most votes and doesn’t get the nomination I almost guarantee a loss, because that just signals to all the usual non-voters, independents, and just people who feel ignored by everyone except Bernie that there’s no point in voting.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I think if Bernie is over 40% he wins it, that’s too much to blow up the party. If it’s less and someone is close, but Bernie still has a majority, then I could see it, since people like Warren know it’s their best option.

But Bernie running third party has two problems, first there are sore loser rules, and then it would make him get all the blame for a November loss, even though the DNC would be more to blame. Because if Bernie has the most votes and doesn’t get the nomination I almost guarantee a loss, because that just signals to all the usual non-voters, independents, and just people who feel ignored by everyone except Bernie that there’s no point in voting.

A BernieBro I know IRL thinks exactly this. The "Bernie or Bust" mentality brings out the worst in people who think Bernie is going to get them free money and luxuries, or revenge against their childhood rich kid tormentors and/or jerk bosses.

Bernie would still have a Congress.
But the Bros don't care. They want instant gratification and to be hoodlums towards their local rich people.

If Bernie gets elected(but then, Trump WILL(legally) shut down elections indefinitely REGARDLESS of whether he has a chance to lose or not, so this whole election has no point in the true bleak reality), there will be looting and lynching of rich babies being justified via calling it Francophonic Marxist Revolution. THAT'S the point of BernieBros. If they aren't a PutinBot, they want to get rich quick and to take "back" what they think they're owed(Which WILL end up being expensive stuff and cash, not basic needs or equality).

And after they're done with him, they'll either cancel him via scandal or let Nazis kill him because he's Jewish.

Brats and Brutes, the lot of them.

bobjr

Staff member
I mean it’s been shown over and over that Bernie leads every category that isn’t old rich and white, so you have a huge diverse audience. Of course you’ll find a few bad apples in a group that large, but anger can also be righteous anger if applied in the correct way.

I’ve lived in swing states my whole life so outside of Bloomberg I’ll likely vote to get Trump out of office, but for people who have never felt represented, or that their vote could have mattered for once and would for the first time, or the first in a long time, I don’t see how losing the nomination but getting the most votes doesn’t turn off a huge chunk you need to win, and it’s 1968 again.

It’s less I want that to happen and more I don’t see what else happens in that situation. What would I tell someone who’s in for Bernie if he got the nomination stolen from him? “Yeah your vote didn’t matter now because a tiny group of people didn’t want it, but the DNC wants it to matter for the guy they want later!”

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I mean it’s been shown over and over that Bernie leads every category that isn’t old rich and white, so you have a huge diverse audience. Of course you’ll find a few bad apples in a group that large, but anger can also be righteous anger if applied in the correct way.

I’ve lived in swing states my whole life so outside of Bloomberg I’ll likely vote to get Trump out of office, but for people who have never felt represented, or that their vote could have mattered for once and would for the first time, or the first in a long time, I don’t see how losing the nomination but getting the most votes doesn’t turn off a huge chunk you need to win, and it’s 1968 again.

It’s less I want that to happen and more I don’t see what else happens in that situation. What would I tell someone who’s in for Bernie if he got the nomination stolen from him? “Yeah your vote didn’t matter now because a tiny group of people didn’t want it, but the DNC wants it to matter for the guy they want later!”
Splitting the vote is what Trump and Putin want.

There won't be an independent wave. That's propaganda by Putinbots to get people to keep Trump in.

People need to swallow their pride and stop with the purity shenanigans, and vote Trump out, not let others lower than them on the rungs of the world suffer more years of Trump so they can feel better about themselves, even though they didn't actually help(The opposite, in fact.

4 more years of hell is not worth people feeling slightly more edgy, rebellious and/or having a false sense of being "better".

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Splitting the vote is what Trump and Putin want.

There won't be an independent wave. That's propaganda by Putinbots to get people to keep Trump in.

People need to swallow their pride and stop with the purity shenanigans, and vote Trump out, not let others lower than them on the rungs of the world suffer more years of Trump so they can feel better about themselves, even though they didn't actually help(The opposite, in fact.

4 more years of hell is not worth people feeling slightly more edgy, rebellious and/or having a false sense of being "better".
And people need to stop using terms like purity and purity tests as those are strawmen arguments. People have their reasons for why they wouldn't vote or fill in the blank instead of going with whoever the DNC or DCC deems worthy. They're sick and tired of being ignored and being told to settle. It's been over 40 years of lack of choices. Can see how that frustration can build up over time.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
And people need to stop using terms like purity and purity tests as those are strawmen arguments. People have their reasons for why they wouldn't vote or fill in the blank instead of going with whoever the DNC or DCC deems worthy. They're sick and tiredof being ignored and being told to settle.
And their reasons are based on TrollFarm propaganda and/or emotionally selfish motivations.

They want to temporarily feel better and/or smug at the cost of hurting those they supposedly care about.

If people would rather have Trump by splitting the vote and not getting a change of regime in order to feel better via dopamine high, than they are NOT helping.

EDIT:The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode with Kang And Kodos running for President is what I'm seeing play out. Both side are awful and 3rd Parties don't work.

You are aware that Independents are TECHINCALLY a 3rd bloc, right? And that they aren't the majority?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And their reasons are based on TrollFarm propaganda and/or emotionally selfish motivations.

They want to temporarily feel better and/or smug at the cost of hurting those they supposedly care about.

If people would rather have Trump by splitting the vote and not getting a change of regime in order to feel better via dopamine high, than they are NOT helping.

EDIT:The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode with Kang And Kodos running for President is what I'm seeing play out. Both side are awful and 3rd Parties don't work.

You are aware that Independents are TECHINCALLY a 3rd bloc, right? And that they aren't the majority?
Wrong. Not everyone is like what you mentioned above. And I'd say most voters overall are like the latter.

Using that line isn't going to make people vote. Just more frustrated and angry at people like yourself who are trying to push the tired old party line time and time again.

And that's what it's been like for years. Kodos and Kang are the neocon Dems and R's. The former tries to act different, but they're just as greedy as the R's on the inside.

Yea. And that's why Bernie isn't running as such. He doesn't want to split the vote.

That said, I'm not saying anymore on this issue as it's going nowhere.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Wrong. Not everyone is like what you mentioned above. And I'd say most voters overall are like the latter.

Using that line isn't going to make people vote. Just more frustrated and angry at people like yourself who are trying to push the tired old party line time and time again.

And that's what it's been like for years. Kodos and Kang are the neocon Dems and R's. The former tries to act different, but they're just as greedy as the R's on the inside.
How do you get the Marxists, and the BernieBros of this Bernie-Dependent bloc to get along long enough with all the others to form a coherent enough supermajority to overtake both parties then?

bobjr

Staff member
Granted Bernie is in the best position but who’s the one consistently saying that the person with the most votes should win? Blowing up the party because one person got the most votes would be terrible, but that wouldn’t be on Bernie.

While people should never always expect a perfect candidate or one that they agree with 100% of the time, it is a two way street where the candidate has to appeal to voters as well. You can’t run on “better than the other person” without explaining why and believing it, which is why so many candidates have fell to the healthcare issue. In general people have a good idea of when a candidate is saying something they don’t believe, which is why the third way triangulating candidate is falling out of favor. They’re saying it to get votes, not because they believe it, and unfortunately people who strategize that way now lead the DNC.

bobjr

Staff member
Also I’ll disagree that the current neoliberals and the GOP are the same, but in the sense that one is a full on death cult and the other is desperately trying to maintain a status quo that’s more and more bad to have. The GOP is just that much more ruthless and has full belief in destroying things, while Dem leadership will support something because it’s popular but not really fight for it like they should, like healthcare where you have good members who are pushing Medicare for all, but then leadership goes and talks about how we can’t do that now.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Also I’ll disagree that the current neoliberals and the GOP are the same, but in the sense that one is a full on death cult and the other is desperately trying to maintain a status quo that’s more and more bad to have. The GOP is just that much more ruthless and has full belief in destroying things, while Dem leadership will support something because it’s popular but not really fight for it like they should, like healthcare where you have good members who are pushing Medicare for all, but then leadership goes and talks about how we can’t do that now.
I meant in terms of greed alone, the rest is different. They're what the GOP was before becoming what you mentioned. They've moved more towards the right just as the GOP high sided it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
At this point, I kind of hope anybody but Bloomberg gets the Democrat nomination.

I mean, I would like it to be Bernie (or Warren), but as far as what would be send me to despair, only Bloomberg has that magic.

I was hoping all this time that Biden wouldn't get the nomination because of his stupid "appeal to moderates" BS.
Even though Biden is lame, he doesn't hold a torch to what is unlikable about Bloomberg.

And split the vote? You DO know that's what Trump and Putin want, right?

I don't care what Trump and Putin want, honestly. Did you know South Carolina Republicans are helping Sanders, because they think he'll be easier to win against? That just means they're idiots - they falsely believe Sanders would be easy to beat. Sanders has a much larger, more powerful coalition this time around, and in the event the DNC were to steal the nomination would ignite his base to go the distance in a general election beyond the shadow of a doubt. Not to mention the mere threat of running as an independent should deter them taking away the nomination on the second ballot.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Now there is some smear campaign that Russia is helping Bernie with the election, and he has known for a month and said nothing about it.

I hate reactionary twitter.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Now there is some smear campaign that Russia is helping Bernie with the election, and he has known for a month and said nothing about it.

I hate reactionary twitter.
I hate it too. They give me a headache. >_<

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Surprised I didn't see a post saying that Bernie should have stanned a Korean Pop Star.

If the Russians are trying to sow division among Democrats, they are succeeding.
Word. I end up blocking the very extreme ones.

Wouldn't doubt it.