• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Russia wants chaos and American power lost more than anything else, not doubt they'll attempt to back a candidate who says they'll buck establishment. It's a good thing Bernie's been pushing for more open voting records and registration then, because it takes a lot of wind out of the Russia sails, unless the Dem Establishment wants to push that as a main factor in an election.

Oh wait

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So far, on the Nevada caucus, Sanders is leading a crushing victory against other candidates. There are few things to note, however:
*We only have about %43 of the results, which is far from the final results, though only differences will be for lower ranking candidates.
*Most of the votes in Nevada have been early voting by mail, so there isn't actually a lot of real people in the caucus.
*Due to nature of the caucus, the other candidates will have delegates for them, regardless of their standing. So Biden and Buttigieg will be able to increase their delegate count as the second and third respectively.
*Despite his dropping popularity, Bloomberg still won't be part of the race until Super Tuesday, so he remains the wild card.
The question now is whether Steyer and/or Gabbard will drop out now. Biden's last chance is in South Carolina, which is next week, but other candidates besides Bloomberg and Warren don't have much to hope for after Super Tuseday.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I'm not bothered by it, and we aren't bothered by it, but there will be people bothered by some of the things Bernie has said(especially in the 60s and 70s).

The RNC will run ads to torpedo Sanders in the main election via showing his speeches approving of the Soviet system in the 70s, and use Red Scare tactics to push Trump.

It will matter and will work to those who didn't know beforehand and/or don't approve of it but who will vote rabidly, which are the establishment older than 45.

There simply aren't enough staunch Bernie fans who aren't afraid of Soviet and Maoist Marxism as a risk with his election to do damage control once that inevitable ad appears.

That's why fake Bernie ads are being run in SC by the RNC:They have the torpedo for swing voters ready and waiting.

PS:Ad the heart attack to the Torpedo Bay, akin to comments on Clinton's health.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Most of those are really going to be relevant in the general election, not primaries. Besides, nobody is seriously expecting Sanders to flip southeastern states (including Florida) to blue since he polls so low among conservative black voters like Buttigieg for obvious, but different reasons.

bobjr

Staff member
Pete literally was lifting old Obama speeches while acting like Bernie wasn't a frontrunner, and shockingly looked really bad.

Also if there's one myth I'd like busted it's MSNBC being a channel for the left, because holy **** are they terrified about Bernie winning. Kind of weird that the biggest Left outreach in the U.S. might be Chapo Trap House.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Most of those are really going to be relevant in the general election, not primaries. Besides, nobody is seriously expecting Sanders to flip southeastern states (including Florida) to blue since he polls so low among conservative black voters like Buttigieg for obvious, but different reasons.
I was obviously referring to the General Election. Don't "snip" to put me down, please. I think the the "snip" thing is a passive-agressive a flame and overly dismissive and mis-representative of arguments when deployed.

And Buttleg is crying because he isn't dominating Biden and Warren as heavily as he wanted.

bobjr

Staff member
Also I'd argue Georgia is a serious flip this time around, but Florida is almost a lost cause. The CTH episode on The Villages and other elderly communities is one of the darkest things I've seen from humanity.

Like seriously, they keep lists of minorities and they can get labels as "one of the good ones".

Here's a quote from Bernie tonight though that I hope makes you feel optimistic and shows people can come together to do something better: "I have cast some lonely votes, fought some lonely fights, mounted some lonely campaigns. But I do not feel lonely now.”

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I was obviously referring to the General Election. Don't "snip" to put me down, please. I think the the "snip" thing is a passive-agressive a flame and overly dismissive and mis-representative of arguments when deployed.
Or maybe it's because you abuse the enter key like it's Diet Coke and you're the orange devil. I mean, that's why I'd do it.

And Buttleg is crying because he isn't dominating Biden and Warren as heavily as he wanted.
Just them? I disagree with that a little. But I definitely think the centrist Democrats only see each other (in a way) and did not expect how much support Bernie would get, and they need to sober up and I'm making fun of Joy Reid for getting angry about Bernie kicking ass in the Nevada primary and I'm assuming that that's (part of) why bobjr is bringing up MSNBC right now kinda out of the blue. Wait, is Joy Reid still at MSNBC?

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Or maybe it's because you abuse the enter key like it's Diet Coke and you're the orange devil. I mean, that's why I'd do it.

Just them? I disagree with that a little. But I definitely think the centrist Democrats only see each other (in a way) and did not expect how much support Bernie would get, and they need to sober up and I'm making fun of Joy Reid for getting angry about Bernie kicking ass in the Nevada primary and I'm assuming that that's (part of) why bobjr is bringing up MSNBC right now kinda out of the blue. Wait, is Joy Reid still at MSNBC?
???
The heckums are you tallking about?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The Joy Reid thing I'm referring to is this instance of her getting very salty about the Nevada primary results.

Also, Marianne Williamson has endorsed Bernie Sanders. That's good to hear and all, but I'm sure it will be subject to no end of mockery from The Usual Suspects, especially because Sanders supporters in particularly roundly (and rightly) called her out and mocked her over her horrible, horrible ideology. But like, there are times when someone who's bad and wrong supporting your guy is a good thing, and times when someone who's bad and wrong supporting your guy is cause for examination. This is decidedly the former. The Joe Rogan thing is worse for Bernie than this, and that seems to have turned out pretty okay (and hopefully it has turned on some more hardcore Roganites to Sanders' leftier policies).

That said, christ almighty, I hate how every time something good happens for Bernie, it has to turn into this whole long discussion about ~electibility~ and all this other bullshit. Like 2016 didn't so much kill the whole concept there as machine-gun it for a solid seven minutes and then proceed to stomp its still-warm corpse (what little was left of it) into a gooey red mush on the sidewalk, but I guess centrism is one hell of a drug.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
What did I tell you...

Red Scare tactics and old speeches being used to torpedo Bernie.

That 60 Minutes Interview and his comments about rape in the 70s were waiting to happen...

Still worth backing? I don't know...after his old 70s discussion about forced gang rape fantasies...that sh*t hits home with the YIPES meter and other things I don't like talking about here...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1231826471989260288

Most recent poll suggests Sanders will win New York primary on April 28th. This was the one of the only major states Bloomberg was projected to win(The other state is Florida, the other minor state is Arkansas in Super Tuesday).

NOTE: New York primary is a closed primary, which means Bloomberg's support is largely composed of Republicans who shifted parties after 2016.

Edit: Forgot Florida.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
It makes sense the orb candidate wants to get in on the spirit Bomb action.

Really though she’s not going to help or hurt anything, she got popular as a meme candidate more than anything else, outside of weirdly being correct about the US and it’s actions towards Central and South American counties it could exploit.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
It makes sense the orb candidate wants to get in on the spirit Bomb action.

Really though she’s not going to help or hurt anything, she got popular as a meme candidate more than anything else, outside of weirdly being correct about the US and it’s actions towards Central and South American counties it could exploit.
??? Who is this?

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
That said, christ almighty, I hate how every time something good happens for Bernie, it has to turn into this whole long discussion about ~electibility~ and all this other bullshit. Like 2016 didn't so much kill the whole concept there as machine-gun it for a solid seven minutes and then proceed to stomp its still-warm corpse (what little was left of it) into a gooey red mush on the sidewalk, but I guess centrism is one hell of a drug.
this primary's turning out a lot like Trump's 2016 primary, with the only difference being Berine had a lot more momentum going into this compared to Trump. and how everyone's saying Berine can't be elected like they said with Trump, and yet.

the establishment is going to regret ignoring young people and poc after this though holy hell. giving away a possible Bernie nomination would just be shooting themselves in the foot at this rate.

bobjr

Staff member
Gotta love Mayor Pete giving a random "If I could take a pill to not be gay I would" answer to a question not even about gay rights.

No wonder he doesn't get any LGBT voter advantage.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Few things in last 12 hours:
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...ur-seats-in-latest-israeli-election-1.8585826
Recent Israeli polls suggest the Knesset stalemate will not be recovered, as even though Netenyahu has gained some momentum, he still doesn't have the seats to become the PM again, meaning there will be yet another election in a few months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Nevada_Democratic_caucuses
Final Nevada caucus results award Bernie 24 delegates, Biden 9 and Buttigieg 3.

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1232067578090205184
Sanders and Biden are head to head in South Carolina, which suggests Sanders will win SC with a small margin.