1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

U.S. Politics 2017: So much for the tolerant SPPf

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by BigLutz, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Few things in last 12 hours:
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...ur-seats-in-latest-israeli-election-1.8585826
    Recent Israeli polls suggest the Knesset stalemate will not be recovered, as even though Netenyahu has gained some momentum, he still doesn't have the seats to become the PM again, meaning there will be yet another election in a few months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Nevada_Democratic_caucuses
    Final Nevada caucus results award Bernie 24 delegates, Biden 9 and Buttigieg 3.

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1232067578090205184
    Sanders and Biden are head to head in South Carolina, which suggests Sanders will win SC with a small margin.

Pikachu52 and Baba Yaga like this.
  2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Rush Limbaugh is absolutely sure the coronavirus was engineered in China as a means to take down Donald Trump once and for all.

Okay, seriously, is this guy's head full of ****?

wolf jani and Pikachu52 like this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

He is just an arrogant, ignorant idiot. And a windbag blowhard to say the least. He is trying to stir up Drumpf's base.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    wolf jani and Pikachu52 like this.
  4. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Bloomberg 100% bought the audience in the debate tonight

5. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

These debates, this deep in, serve no purpose except to try and wring some clickbaity zingers out of the candidates.

But also, this tweet showed up during the debate, and this is one of the biggest and most direct yikes moments from Mayo Pete. It's already been deleted, and for very good reason.

And people wonder why folks call him a Republican in all but affiliation.

EDIT Someone told me that, although the tweet was deleted, he said the same thing (or something darn close) during the debate. Not only does this feed into the "just there for the zingers" theorem, but, like, he was proud of this statement?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  6. Watching them all lie about medicare for all is really tough to watch without getting angry. Bernie cites credible studies and they just yelled "the math doesn't add up" over and over like it was true as long as they kept saying it.

I'm at the point where I hate them. I truly view them all with seething contempt.

7. bobjr

The worst part is Bernie’s plan has been vetted and confirmed as viable, all they can do is go up and lie it hasn’t. While Warren’s plan is a weird Trojan horse that won’t get a vote for years, and Pete’s will backcharge you thousands of dollars.

Pathfinder likes this.
  8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

And so, Trump lies about the severity of coronavirus, blaming the media for making it look as horrible as it actually is.

By the way, he spelled it as "caronavirus."

9. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Wow, the suit against the NYT suit was poorly worded.

Apparently an opinion piece by one person could see the future, in Orange Mussolini's mind.

10. Shinehollow

Shinehollow Turning that frown all the way down

I have no doubt there may be a little fearmongering in the media about the virus-it's a new thing, it's killed people, makes sense to get people alerted- but he's so desperate about his re-election he'll do anything to make it seem better without, of course, understanding that the moment it hits, people are going to be angry about how he keeps downplaying. at this point I'm wondering if any Republicans in his base realize he cares more for market numbers than actual lives, but given how they want to go to war with every country that breathes wrong at the US I doubt it.

edit: oh he's been trying to cut spending for poor people to help when it does spread. lovely. make them more susceptible then they already are, and they don't even have the ability to pay for the eventual hospital stay.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    WishIhadaManafi5 and Pikachu52 like this.
  11. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Technically speaking, Coronavirus fearmongering has caused Dow to drop significantly, and Trump's comments have accelerated the crash, and we might finally see a recession for it*. So even with that argument, he still fails.

Note: Shanghai Stock Exchange is still relatively stable, now the virus is global.

*Note 2: Though Dow and S&P have dropped, Nasdaq has stabilized for the time being. So an actual recession is still unlikely for now, but the small drip will likely cause Trump to lose election, much like how Brexit scare caused Clinton to "lose".

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Pikachu52 likes this.
  12. bobjr

Dow Futures is probably the most important one, since that’s a lot of boomer retirement money.

Also the average boomer only has 65k saved for retirement, so that’s going to be a bad thing to deal with in about 5 years

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  13. My respect for Warren is sinking further and further, especially after he CNN town hall where she was called out by a Sanders supporter for being open to the convention deciding a different candidate in the event of a plurality and not a majority. She said Sanders wrote the rules and she didn't, and that Sanders held the same position she did.

A 100%, pure lie. Sanders only wanted the super delegate support from the states he won.

She's going nuclear and has no integrity left. To hell with this woman. She can stay in the Senate but I don't want her anywhere near a Sanders administration.

14. Gamzee Makara

The s**tflinging is out of control, but Bernie does need to clamp down HARD on the Bros, Putin stuff/influence/pandering and not having plans and costs spelled out for people.

Also, anyone think he'll do what he does in Vermont and refuse the Dem nomination and instead run Independent, therefore forcing Dem compliance in order to beat Trump?

Shady as f**k, but is it making a stand for Independent and voters sick of private partisan bias/pandering in the system?

15. bobjr

Bernie runs into sore loser laws in that case unless there’s a mass write in. Besides he joined the Dems after being Independent not the other way around.

Pikachu52 likes this.
  16. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1232747689466585095
    On the Warren discourse, it should be noted that she is currently the second in Colorado and California, which currently means she will be the fourth in terms of delegates, possibly third if Bloomberg continues his descent in Florida and Biden loses South Carolina.

Pikachu52 likes this.
  17. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

I don't think he'll want to split the vote. He can run as an Independent otherwise but for President, I doubt he'd want to take that chance.

18. Shinehollow

Shinehollow Turning that frown all the way down

I think she knows, that with Bernie commanding the progressive vote, she's not going to beat him. so she's been trying to take away more moderate swing voters from him, maybe not for herself, but just so he drops in the polls. right now it doesn't seem to be working though, especially since he's rising in South Carolina.

19. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

https://english.republika.mk/news/m...of-deputies-ratifies-nato-accession-protocol/

This was a sort of hidden news, but apparently Spainish Parliament has ratified Macedonia's accession to NATO after two months of delay. Senate vote and Royal Assent are still needed.

(Macedonian Parliament itself approved NATO accession before the dissolution for early elections in April).

Edit (29.02.2020):
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/29/us-signs-deal-with-taliban-to-reduce-troops-in-afghanistan.html
    US and Taliban came to an agreeement for NATO withdrawal in 14 months.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Pikachu52 likes this.
  20. Gamzee Makara

Biden took the majority of SC's Delagates.
    Bernie got the remaining 6.

Prepare for some renewed interest in attacking Biden.

Trainer Yusuf and Pikachu52 like this.