• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I've read an opinion piece saying that replacing RBG with Barrett is essentially like how they replaced Thurgood Marshall with Clarance Thomas.

Essentially, Marshall was replaced by another African American who didn't stand up to the right of other African Americans.
Barret very likely won't stand up for women rights like RBG did.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yep. The Rs and the Evangelicals have been chomping at the bit to roll things back there and in many other areas, just to have it fit/suit their twisted and warped sense of reality.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Barrett is literally in that cult the Handmaiden's Tale is based on. Women in the group were even called Handmaidens until recently

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I hate how much of a piece of crap *itch McConnell is.

He will stall many of the bills that try to reach Senate, but he will hurredly rush anyone or anything that daddy Trump wants.

I did like how people were calling him Moscow Mitch after he refused to help pass an election security bill, and then he pleaded with people to tell them that it hurt his feelings. This is where he should have put money where his mouth is.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Also reminder that Barrett is against the 14th Amendment, Paper Money (because economic regulation isn't in the constitution), and West Virginia existing on top of her two biggest goals to reverse Roe v Wade and the ACA.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I love how everyone in 2016 tried to tell people concerned about a civil war that they were click bait sensationalists that needed to shut the **** up, but the truth is we were just one election off.

Now every major news outlet is taking the prospect seriously and consulting experts who all unanimously agree a civil war is increasingly likely, though it may not take the form of the first, the 2020 election ending in violence is pretty much gauranteed right now, short of some back room deal Biden makes with Trump that promises he won't be prosecuted.

I'd buy a gun.

Shocker. I've noticed the same things out of this country the last few years (pretty much since the recession, but it's only intensified in recent years). The 2010s have reminded me very much of the 1850s, with growing divides between the two factions and the differences becoming irreconcilable. A lot of the issues with racial, gender, and income inequality are reaching a boiling point and the elites seem to be unwilling to resolve this peacefully, so I can easily see this escalating to war sadly.

I'm not so sure I agree it won't lead to revolution though. Their argument is that most of the country is too old and would rather have an election settle things, but how can we be sure that the election results are "fair"? How can the country be guaranteed that the root causes behind the growing unrest and divisiveness (namely the inequality) can be magically fixed with an election where the winner may not even guarantee solutions to those problems or keep their campaign promises on whatever solutions they may propose? There is much, much more to this than just election results, most of these issues are caused with systemic issues to the political and economic systems in this country, and those will need to be fixed with Constitutional Amendments that no establishment politician is going to be willing to enact (and no, not Trump either for you conservatives that don't consider Trump to be establishment). I hate to sound so grim and violent about all of this, but it just seems like the establishment politicians and wealthy elites want to fight tooth and nail to hoard every cent they have and don't seem to care that people are starving and dying over it. I just don't see the problem being fixed unless those people are ousted from power and the loopholes that allowed them to gain such a disparate amount of political and economic power are closed. I pray that I'm wrong and this is all resolved peacefully, but I just don't see it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's geopolitical update:
*Kazakhstan removed death penalty on all crimes on September 24th, leaving Tajikistan as the last remaining Turkic country with death penalty.
*Turkish government has put the entire executive members of pro-Kurdish HDP under police custody last Friday.
*Azeri-Armenian conflict has restarted, this time NATO member Turkey is directly involved against CSTO member Armenia.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Poke Trainer J

Donald Trump Pays $750 a Year in Taxes = Normal for Billionaires

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Looks like Armenia-Azerbaijan-Turkey conflict is intensifying. Azeris are now targeting Armenia directly, not just Arsatkh.

And before you ask, yes, Azeris deliberately target civilians, but that's just general Turkish military tactic(as Turkey is the real coordinating power in this specific conflict). Armenians do the same, but with slightly more restraint.

Edit: Looks like war is spilling over to Iranian Azerbaijan.

Edit 2: Sh*t, Turkey is directly attacking Armenia now.

Edit 3: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-54340988
Kuwait Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Sabah has passed away at age of 91. I was expecting this to happen eventually, given his age, but it is still a bit sad it happened this year.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Making sure to miss it. There's far better options to watch on tv instead.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'll be honest, I don't think Biden is doing a phenomenal job with this debate either.

Personally, I just wish he preceded and pretend that Trump wasn't even in the room.

Trump, however, is really being the buffoon, but that's to be expected.

Edit: To be fair to Biden, it's not always easy to ignore Trump when he constantly interrupts you.

BGMaxie

The debate went about as bad as we could expect. Biden got some good moments there jabbing Trump and keeping composure. Trump was babbling mess interrupting all the time as usual (at least not just "wrong" now), and standing by Proud Boys.........

Nothing gamebreaking but overall Biden had a good night, nothing sleepy really.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
General polls suggest Biden won the debate with the voters, which is good, but there are two more debates + VP debate, so this is just round one.

Something I missed from my last post, but Modi closed Amnesty International's India branch, just like Russia did a few years ago.