• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

nel3

Crimson Dragon

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The nation should be applaudingbher for keeping track of the stats. The Florida Gestapo are the ones responsible for data destruction.
I doubt the nation would be able to recover at this point. People are becoming too arrogant to learn their mistakes.

Tbh, I'm a bit angry and it's not only because what's happened in the US. Here, where I live I'm disapointed with the covid numbers and whenever I go outside and see someone wearing masks in sloppy ways or constantly toying them on and off, it's always coming from the same group of people, those same group who also participated in anti-lockdown protests dragging us into lockdowns for months and putting strain to the health workers. I always wanted everyone to overcome this crisis together, but I guess there's people too arrogant to learn their mistakes.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I doubt the nation would be able to recover at this point. People are becoming too arrogant to learn their mistakes.

Tbh, I'm a bit angry and it's not only because what's happened in the US. Here, where I live I'm disapointed with the covid numbers and whenever I go outside and see someone wearing masks in sloppy ways or constantly toying them on and off, it's always coming from the same group of people, those same group who also participated in anti-lockdown protests dragging us into lockdowns for months and putting strain to the health workers. I always wanted everyone to overcome this crisis together, but I guess there's people too arrogant to learn their mistakes.

To be fair this likely is one of the bigger events dragging USA down. There unfortunately is plenty in equal wealth , various social and racial issues, the general infrastructure and other stuff. Adding a politically charged view of the pandemic and the measures taken to battle it doesn't help at all. The election was it's own disaster with false info.

Those arrogant 'Murica people don't help at all. Canada has it's share of arrogant idiots also... I don't really think a *barf*responsible thump with reasonable preventative measures would have done to well to curb the pandemic. You always have those irresponsible ones in the wild, it might not have been as disastrous given 330million population but it would not be pretty either.

Out of curiosity how much is a last chance pardon worth at the moment? I hear there is a fight over that now. I would love it if he self pardons, he would look like an idiot and could be compelled to answer for his crimes. That is if Biden had the guts to go after him...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

We, in Belgium, have a similar problem. Ppl from Flanders cant stand ppl from Walloonia and visa versa. They (a political party) want to split the country. Can you image a country being split with just 11 million ppl?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
We, in Belgium, have a similar problem. Ppl from Flanders cant stand ppl from Walloonia and visa versa. They (a political party) want to split the country. Can you image a country being split with just 11 million ppl?
Yeah this is not equivalent at all.

Flanders re-becoming its own country wouldn't affect Belgium seriously at all since most of the wealth is accumulated in Brussels itself, not the other regions. Not to mention, Flanders would still go back to being in EU after independence, just like Slovakia and Czechia. And the Flemish far-right would lose their legitimacy post-independence, since focus would be on nation-building.

It would be culturally traumatizing for a few decades, but things will go back to usual after 20 years.

If South were to re-secede from US(which unlike in Belgium's case, is legally impossible), it will go back to being a neo-fascist region. But if it just left US because it wanted to with no major threat of white supremacism, it would not hurt US at all, because their economy outside of Florida is limited to cheap manufacturing and industrial agriculture. If anything, it would get rid of most of the federal costs US accumulates to sustain it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
How long do you think the madness will continue after the Inauguration? I can’t imagine it ending immediately after but I hope it isn’t too long. Trump supporters still deny the role their beloved Carrot played in The Whole Covid mess and my dad thinks everyone is blaming Trump for the virus itself when it’s really about how horribly he handled the situation and didn’t even bother trying to get it under control until it’s too late. My dad doesn’t understand what it feels like to be forced to take a test twice a week where the nurse shoves a stick up your nose and then rotates it while it is still in there. I literally have to wear a mask and face Shield if I need to use the one bathroom at work and I can’t really see out of the face Shield because I keep getting this glare that falls directly in front of my eyes.

D

Deleted member 384931

How long do you think the madness will continue after the Inauguration? I can’t imagine it ending immediately after but I hope it isn’t too long. Trump supporters still deny the role their beloved Carrot played in The Whole Covid mess and my dad thinks everyone is blaming Trump for the virus itself when it’s really about how horribly he handled the situation and didn’t even bother trying to get it under control until it’s too late. My dad doesn’t understand what it feels like to be forced to take a test twice a week where the nurse shoves a stick up your nose and then rotates it while it is still in there. I literally have to wear a mask and face Shield if I need to use the one bathroom at work and I can’t really see out of the face Shield because I keep getting this glare that falls directly in front of my eyes.
No idea

Ascended Dialga

Kamala Harris has just resigned from the US Senate. California Governor Gavin Newsom has appointed California's secretary of state, Alex Padilla, to fill her seat.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
It's unfortunate to have family arguments because of different political views. It reminds me of that article: https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/hi-mom-this-you-blm-supporting-teen-calls-out-mother-for-attending-u-s-capitol-riot-1.5259219 . Long story short, a BLM teen spotted her mother participating at the Capitol riot despite being far away to each other.

Last edited:

Poke Trainer J

The two main executive actions that I find controversial from President Biden is that he's wanting to reverse the travel ban that Trump put in place which is only going to increase the amount of COVID-19 cases and deaths while the face mask mandate on federal property I feel is an infringement on U.S. citizen's 1st Amendment rights. I can't imagine people feeling comfortable wearing a face mask at home after being out in public wearing one which is understandable since people NEED to be able to breathe without being limited to just 30% breathing capacity 24/7.

Having to pay an expensive fine for not complying is extremely harsh IMO, I mean think of what that does to the middle class and poor. 100 million vaccinations in 100 days I'm okay with as long as the vaccines are completely safe while rejoining the Paris Climate Accord I'm not sure is the best course of action due to how taxing it is on the U.S.? Don't know how I feel about extending a pause on student loan payments and halting evictions though I find it baffling how out of touch politicians like Biden are with the American people and reality itself.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The two main executive actions that I find controversial from President Biden is that he's wanting to reverse the travel ban that Trump put in place which is only going to increase the amount of COVID-19 cases and deaths while the face mask mandate on federal property I feel is an infringement on U.S. citizen's 1st Amendment rights. I can't imagine people feeling comfortable wearing a face mask at home after being out in public wearing one which is understandable since people NEED to be able to breathe without being limited to just 30% breathing capacity 24/7.
I agree with the travel ban not only because of Trump. In Canada, we all know how traveling is dangerous especially with the coronavirus variants spreading around.

I disagree about masks wearing reduced your breathing capacity to 30% more like at least 50% to me. I'm so used to wear them for an extended period of time to the point I can run with them non-stop for a minute while catching busses or subway trains. Of course I took them off at home and during my work breaks to eat but I'm very alert and practice my social distancing very seriously because I live with my vulnerable family and I wanted to do my part so that my home country contains the pandemic.

Besides, I saw videos of Japanese players playing the most difficult & exhausting songs/charts in Dance Dance Revolution while wearing masks so I doubt it's 30% breathing capacity to them as well.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve noticed that the remainder of MAGA also refuse to acknowledge Trump’s indirect responsibility to the entire Capitol incident. Yet if it was Obama or any other President, they would be dragged out of the White House and no one defending them. Trump really messed up this time and I saw he has over 100 pardons he plans to give which I have a bad feeling it is his entire circle and extremely corrupt Republican politicians that deserve to go to jail.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I seriously hope the covid travel ban stays in place, we have enough cases in Canada as is. Inviting more American is highly illogical and dangerous at this time where it's a rampant disaster in USA. when USA get it's act together and the virus under control, only then can restrictions be considered for lifting. He can freely lift the muslim travel ban on the basis of discrimibation and only let them in on a normal basis when its safe for air travel again.

@Poke Trainer J: please don't use such low stats to describe the air flow when wearing masks. Arguing you lose 70% air intake sound more like an argument an anti masker would make. I'm not trying to label you as one but it does make you sound more extreme than you'd like it to. I don't like wearing a mask either but I got used to it at this point, mostly the ear straps bother me these days.

General rant, how do you people type so freely on tablet like devices without having the urge to smash them on the floor wall or any other hard object BC all this hit miss auto correct BS ??

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t know if the whole recirculated air on a plane will cause you to get Covid is true or not but I don’t want to travel by train or plane because you literally have no idea if the person right next to you has anything.

General rant, how do you people type so freely on tablet like devices without having the urge to smash them on the floor wall or any other hard object BC all this hit miss auto correct BS ??
I just take my time and if auto correct happens on a word that shouldn’t be changed, I just change it back to what I wanted before the change.