• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

KillerDraco

The two main executive actions that I find controversial from President Biden is that he's wanting to reverse the travel ban that Trump put in place which is only going to increase the amount of COVID-19 cases and deaths

As a reminder, the travel ban in question was signed in by Trump on January 27th, 2017. It has literally nothing to do with Covid, and was purely a racially motivated travel ban to Muslim-majority countries. The CDC's travel guidelines pertaining to Covid are not being impacted by this in any way. The bigger issue for travel is most foreign countries are actually the ones barring people from the US traveling there, not vice versa.

while the face mask mandate on federal property I feel is an infringement on U.S. citizen's 1st Amendment rights.

People said the same thing about Seat Belts.

I can't imagine people feeling comfortable wearing a face mask at home after being out in public wearing one

Mask mandates are specifically designated for in public, not what you do in your own home. The government isn't going to knock on your door to make sure you're wearing a mask at home.

which is understandable since people NEED to be able to breathe without being limited to just 30% breathing capacity 24/7.

There is zero, I repeat, ZERO evidence that Masks reduce breathing capacity to 30%. You'd be dead at 30% oxygen levels. 80% Oxygen levels would require an immediate trip to the hospital for concerns of hypoxemia. So to reiterate: you're not being expected to wear masks 24/7, nor is it reducing you to 30% breathing capacity. Even wearing masks during work hours has no evidence of breathing difficulties given medical workers have done so for years without detriment.

Both the World Health Association and American Lung Association have repeatedly debunked the claim that masks cause low oxygen levels. The only real danger from wearing a mask is prolonged use for those who have pre-existing lung disease, but this does not apply to the vast majority of the general public.

Having to pay an expensive fine for not complying is extremely harsh IMO, I mean think of what that does to the middle class and poor.

Most middle class and poor individuals are actually the ones already wearing masks without a mandate, since they're the ones most likely to be physically and financially harmed if someone in their family catches Covid, and thus their everyday lives are probably not actually going to be impacted at all by a Mask Mandate. Although inequality from fixed fines is a valid concern in general, not just for Masks, so it is certainly something to address for Traffic and Drug charges, for instance.

100 million vaccinations in 100 days I'm okay with as long as the vaccines are completely safe

Vaccines are not approved for use without extensive testing deeming them safe. So that shouldn't be a concern.

while rejoining the Paris Climate Accord I'm not sure is the best course of action due to how taxing it is on the U.S.?

Polls completed in both 2016 and 2017 when the decision to withdraw was being made show that most Americans do support the US participating in the Paris Climate Accord.

Don't know how I feel about extending a pause on student loan payments and halting evictions though I find it baffling how out of touch politicians like Biden are with the American people and reality itself.

Politicians are definitely out of touch with middle and lower class people, but Student Loan Forgiveness and Halting Eviction are pretty popular amongst most Americans so that's probably not the best example. Student Loan issues are a bit more complicated because not everyone can agree on how much to forgive/delay/etc (some want all, some want a percent, some want a flat amount, while some want none at all), while a halt to evictions has pretty unilateral support (outside of Landlords) and even Trump had ordered a halt to it back in September.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Can’t have jobs on a dead planet

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I can't imagine people feeling comfortable wearing a face mask at home after being out in public wearing one which is understandable since people NEED to be able to breathe without being limited to just 30% breathing capacity 24/7.

Sounds like a you problem.

As someone who has actually gone outside and worn a mask, I wouldn't recommend doing a lot of hard exercise in a mask, but it's not really a problem unless you have serious breathing issues. Either way, the onus is on you to prove this claim. Which you don't do here.

Also you're literally saying using your first-amendment rights are more important than people's LIFE AND DEATH, my guy. Not the first bit of weird Trumpy **** you've dumped in this thread tho

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I don’t know if the whole recirculated air on a plane will cause you to get Covid is true or not but I don’t want to travel by train or plane because you literally have no idea if the person right next to you has anything.

I just take my time and if auto correct happens on a word that shouldn’t be changed, I just change it back to what I wanted before the change.

im not sure if the first part was meant for me or not but the plane/train trip isnt the big issue. its more about what the person will do when they arrive in the country for travel/business/family matters ETC that might make the pandemic worse presuming they could be positive or will be positive during the trip. limiting travel just means they will be able to do the non essential travel when it is safer in the future. the plane systems apparently are rather good at removing the air and filtering it but if it reaches the person beside you before it gets filtered out then all bets are off. that guy that died on the plane from covid related issues apparently only had his seat sanitized after being taken off the plane and the people nearby catching it. i cant say if thats coincidence or the air not being filtered out fast enough but it happened.

im currently typing this on a laptop and it flags misspelled words so its easy to catch them. the samsung note tablet i have is frustrating to say the least. sometimes the programming catches it and other times it doesnt even flag it ie its not in the dictionary for current words. covid becomes civic unless it is re-corrected, that or me misspelling a word that has a number that's "conveniently" above the letter i want to type and not flagging it... the touch screen in between words select (to correct it) isnt as precise as apple or another brand so thats mildly infuriating and takes a few re-writes sometimes. this is a constant battle that annoys me. just flag all the wrong words or errors i make and i will fix them, dont leave them in uncorrected.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Don't know how I feel about extending a pause on student loan payments and halting evictions though I find it baffling how out of touch politicians like Biden are with the American people and reality itself.

Draco (and others) have already torn down your misinformation-laden post so I won't beat that dead horse but I'm curious how putting a temporary moratorium on evictions in a time when millions of people can't work due to circumstances entirely beyond their control, and even many businesses that are still open have lost huge amounts of revenue, again to circumstances entirely beyond their control, is somehow out of touch. If anyone is out of touch, it's you and whoever else is in whatever echo chamber you're pulling this tripe from.

U.N. Owen

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Litleonid

Yikes.
Can this damn virus just leave us alone already? We finally get vaccines, but now we might have one starin that mutates impossibly fast to the point where it can resist the vaccine? You gotta be freaking kidding me.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Can this damn virus just leave us alone already? We finally get vaccines, but now we might have one starin that mutates impossibly fast to the point where it can resist the vaccine? You gotta be freaking kidding me.
I know. It's depressing.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
On a morbid joke, George Carlin once said that viruses and diseases are earth's tools to get rid of us pesky humans..

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I know. It's depressing.
But on a positive note, the recent daily cases/deaths are down to almost all countries by a significant gap recently. Granted, it's the weekend numbers but I hope they could go down further in the near future.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

Yikes.
Mutations in the Covid 19 genome were bound to happen.
Some of the variants naturally become more resistant to the antibodies that the vaccines develop.

This article seems like a good article for discussing the topic, which I don't have the time to read through right this minute.

I get the sentiment though.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Not surprising in the slightest.

mRNA mutates faster than Vaccines can adapt, and hoo boy, even an mRNA vaccine can't adapt as fast as an alive mRNA virus.

It wouldn't be this bad if Trump, Boris and white cishetmale leaders of predominantly English speaking imperialistic nations didn't prioritize PR and profit over lives that didn't blow them.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Mutations in the Covid 19 genome were bound to happen.
Some of the variants naturally become more resistant to the antibodies that the vaccines develop.

This article seems like a good article for discussing the topic, which I don't have the time to read through right this minute.

I get the sentiment though.
Exactly. Viruses do it in order to survive and to spread.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So how do you think Trump will be leaving the White House tomorrow? Kicking and screaming like a giant baby? Literally dragged out in handcuffs by the Secret Service? Sedated and then put in a strait jacket and wheeled out like Hannibal Lecter?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
So how do you think Trump will be leaving the White House tomorrow? Kicking and screaming like a giant baby? Literally dragged out in handcuffs by the Secret Service? Sedated and then put in a strait jacket and wheeled out like Hannibal Lecter?
He'll walk out normally, because he knows that the Senate is too afraid and/or loyal to get the 67 votes needed to convict.

Republicans + Joe Manchin of West Virginia won't convict.

NY AG has to get him before he barricades himself in Florida or runs for Russia.

Last edited: