• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics 2017: So much for the tolerant SPPf

AuraChannelerChris

"MY MIGHT. KNOWS. NO. BOUNDS!"
I bet Seth McFarlane is mourning him.

Even though the episode that featured Rush was disgusting despite apparently making fun of his beliefs.

AuraChannelerChris

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Aaand he resigned.

...Oh, and apparently, he said that what he said was "taken out of context."

What context was left out? The dude literally said the services you pay for are handouts.

There's a difference between taxes and tribute.

AznKei

Scary 16th note crossovers @ 190BPM! X_X
Aaand he resigned.

...Oh, and apparently, he said that what he said was "taken out of context."
I remembered "someone" from our local electrical source provider roasting to the population complaining about the unusual winter chill, telling them to wear themselves properly and that they have to remember that they live in a cold country. But it wasn't as close as offensive and disturbing than what this mayor wrote.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
so it looks like windmills are the worst form of energy generation, they caused the huge power outages in Texas because their failure cause the outage. now they can add power outages to their rap list along side killing thousands of birds each year LOL.

good riddance to rush, hell has a special place for him or atleast id like to think its the case.

Zora

Who dies first?
Not sure if joking, but wind power disruption isn't to blame for Texas' woes: https://feeds.texastribune.org/link/16799/14291883/texas-power-grid-failures .

Energy and policy experts said Texas’ decision not to require equipment upgrades to better withstand extreme winter temperatures, and choice to operate mostly isolated from other grids in the U.S. left power system unprepared for the winter crisis.
It's really as a simple as Texas' fossil fuel industry fought against regulations, and oops, they exist for a reason. Texas is uniquely seperate from the US power grid to avoid federal regulations.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Not sure if joking, but wind power disruption isn't to blame for Texas' woes: https://feeds.texastribune.org/link/16799/14291883/texas-power-grid-failures .

It's really as a simple as Texas' fossil fuel industry fought against regulations, and oops, they exist for a reason. Texas is uniquely seperate from the US power grid to avoid federal regulations.
For those who are wondering the context, wind energy is the fastest growing renewable energy source in the world, especially in Texas, even though Texas has higher potential for solar. (There is little to no scientific reasons for this, it is purely due to market and ideological reasons.)

So they are creating a deliberate misinformation to push back against wind turbines, even though most industrial wind turbines are created through **drumroll** dirty fossil fuels, particularly by coal.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
For those who are wondering the context, wind energy is the fastest growing renewable energy source in the world, especially in Texas, even though Texas has higher potential for solar. (There is little to no scientific reasons for this, it is purely due to market and ideological reasons.)

So they are creating a deliberate misinformation to push back against wind turbines, even though most industrial wind turbines are created through **drumroll** dirty fossil fuels, particularly by coal.
My feelings on Texas...

DON'T WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIOTTTTT...

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Imagine being told by the Texan mayor that the services you pay for are considered a handout.

So, these Texas citizens paying for water and electricity that they no longer have access to and it wasn't their fault, we can expect refunds for them then?

AuraChannelerChris

So Ted Cruz was caught fleeing to Cancun with his daughters and people got understandably pissed that he was fleeing Texas.

So he came back and pulled the family man card.

...Despite the fact he went in there all prepared to stay at Cancun, and he was completely silent in Twitter.

JourneymanN00b

I am still very livid that Beto O’Rourke lost against this asshole in 2018. Take a look at what he’s doing. He is far too good for that state.

There are plenty of people that worked their asses off that year to try to kick Ted Cruz out, and yet Texas continues to give everyone the middle finger. After that disgrace, I learned that the only way that Ted Cruz leaves the Senate is if this happens to his skull, as Cancun Cruz has no intentions of resigning or retiring anytime soon. Texas is never going to vote him out, and I don’t see the state changing its ways until 2028 at the earliest. Just take a look at what the state chose to elect up and down the ballot in the years that have passed since then. Seriously, the state would be better off rotting in the deepest shithole, and deliver the rest of the United States from the shame of having Texas as part of the Union. Luckily, Texas is getting what it paid for with the blackouts. Hopefully plenty of the fascist-loving assholes freeze to death in the next several days and join Rush Limbaugh in hell, whose death caused me great happiness, as the Rush Limbaugh Show brainwashed so many idiots and caused untold damage to the United States. Maybe then the Texas electorate will wake up by 2028.

Oh, and by the way, are there any plans to chance the thread title to US Politics 2021: Democracy Fights Back or something? I feel that a new thread or title is appropriate since we have a new president and the climate is starting to change.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Try to understand.
Again, I wish people would remember that Texas's leaders don't represent the entirety of the population, and that the state is almost purple.

I hate to throw bait out there, but what about all the POC that have to endure all these hardships?

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

AznKei

Scary 16th note crossovers @ 190BPM! X_X
My hope is that more and more people don't associate the Texas government to what is almost a purple state at this point.
I don't like to generalize and when it's about the challenges such as the pandemic, I wanted everyone in the world to get through of these together successfully. But it didn't happen and I thought it's not normal to drag this pandemic for that long, so I can't help to be disgusted of what I call "Arrogant Spoiled White Colonizer that haven't experienced hardships before" behavior that caused alot of problems to lots of people. And no, I haven't visited nor lived in Texas, but here in Quebec, I can sometimes notice these behaviors in my daily lives, so it is relatable.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Six Capitol police officers have been suspended and 29 are under investigation for their alleged roles in the riots.

EDIT: Suspended not arrested - very poor choice of words in my part

Last edited: