• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics 2017: So much for the tolerant SPPf

Litleonid

Texas deserves so much better than that scumbag Ted Cruz. I'm still mad that Beto O'Rourke lost in 2018. He's a good person and its frustrating that even with the efforts this guy does to reach out to people and increase the Democrat turnout, they STILL couldn't go blue in 2018 and 2020's election.

The Admiral

solid state survivor
Ted Cruz is incapable of leading, so my thoughts are, while it's a bad look for him to be fleeing to Cancun, he'd be doing as much good there as he would in Texas.

JourneymanN00b

Texas deserves so much better than that scumbag Ted Cruz. I'm still mad that Beto O'Rourke lost in 2018. He's a good person and its frustrating that even with the efforts this guy does to reach out to people and increase the Democrat turnout, they STILL couldn't go blue in 2018 and 2020's election.
My thoughts exactly. If anyone needs a documentary suggestion, I recommend watching HBO's "Running with Beto". Anyone who watches the documentary from start to finish will understand where my eternal spite towards Texas comes from. Full stop.

AuraChannelerChris

"MY MIGHT. KNOWS. NO. BOUNDS!"

nel3

Crimson Dragon
id like to think ted crud will be voted out next time he's up for election but i dont think the way the counties are jerrymandered or the collective short term memory will allow that.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Beto no Bernie clone/proxy.

Beto too much like Biden badman.

Beto bad.

Bernie good.

Now that that's out of the way...

Texas won't learn. Not until every goddamn lump and drop of coal, gas and oil is extracted from every goddamn piece of earth on the planet, and by then it'll be too late:The rich will have fled New Venus for Mars, and we'll all eat their dust.

Unless somebody actually does something more substantial than **** lists, finger wags and pooh-poohing when it comes to dealing with these assholes.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yeah, Texas won't be safe for Dems until 2028 at least, and it will still be Lean R in 2024*, when Cruz's seat is up.

There won't be any brief moment of purply competitiveness between Texas's current status has a hard red state and its future status as a safe blue state. Demographics ensure it will be hardly on one side or the other like Colorado and Virginia before it.

*And of course 2024 will be further bad for Dems in Texas because of Trump 2.0: Once More with Feeling.

The Admiral

solid state survivor
id like to think ted crud will be voted out next time he's up for election but i dont think the way the counties are jerrymandered or the collective short term memory will allow that.
Cruz is a senator, so blessedly, counties have nothing to do with it.

What does have anything to do with it will be the Dems putting forward another mediocre politician, probably in Big Oil's pocket, who maybe gets the lead out for the most basic form of human decency once and probably has some attribute to them that raises an extremely minor scandal that is meaningless in the long run but will make some would-be D voters ask just enough meaningless questions as to swan them off of voting (remember how there was a minor kerfuffle about O'Rourke going by the name "Beto" considering his extremely Irish last name?), handing the nomination once again to the Zodiac Killer. Beto is better than Ted Cruz, but Beto still sucks **** out of a straw compared to, like, an actually left politician. They shoulda got the lead singer of the band to run instead. Bassists ain't worth **** unless they're Geddy Lee.

Seriousing back up for a moment, the other big issue is whether or not people sustain their anger for the next three-and-three-quarters years over this, especially toward Ted Cruz. And maybe gaining a sense that things will change under not Ted Cruz, which needs the rest of the Democratic Party to not settle into a groove of mediocri--

Y'know what, **** everyone and run. Any country up for letting us seek asylum?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

AznKei

Scary 16th note crossovers @ 190BPM! X_X
Speaking of Ted Cruz going to Cancun, didn't Mexico fordid Americans to go there? Especially how the country had a very high deaths per case ratio from the pandemic.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Speaking of Ted Cruz going to Cancun, didn't Mexico fordid Americans to go there? Especially how the country had a very high deaths per case ratio from the pandemic.
I find it ironic that one of Trump’s biggest supporters and allies was trying to escape to Mexico!

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I mean, who gives a flip about Trump's financial records when they've got the bastard on terrorism but won't charge him?

Oh, that's right, because then they'd have to charge all the other living presidents. Wouldn't want to shine a light on the activities the US regularly partakes in to expand its empire.

Ugh. Lest they prove Trump actively stole money from, like, a fellow wealthy American he is never going to see any legal repercussions.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I mean, who gives a flip about Trump's financial records when they've got the bastard on terrorism but won't charge him?

Oh, that's right, because then they'd have to charge all the other living presidents. Wouldn't want to shine a light on the activities the US regularly partakes in to expand its empire.

Ugh. Lest they prove Trump actively stole money from, like, a fellow wealthy American he is never going to see any legal repercussions.
He’ll probably get away with it just like every other greedy rich guy in the US. The wealthy can literally get away with murder and not pay taxes and I find that pretty unfair especially since they are usually the main contributors to the economy.

AznKei

Scary 16th note crossovers @ 190BPM! X_X
He’ll probably get away with it just like every other greedy rich guy in the US. The wealthy can literally get away with murder and not pay taxes and I find that pretty unfair especially since they are usually the main contributors to the economy.
Contrast this with what the Chinese gouverment did with Alibaba's CEO or any wealthy Chinese that evade taxes.