• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Biden is doing a great job! That is if he is aiming to tank his chances of fixing the country to an extent. He is supposed to take USA away from the brink, not muck up the job and hand the Republicans the country on a silver platter. $15 min wage, covid relief downgrades and various policies that don't help the general public. He is sure trying to tank his own party...
Give him a little bit of time. Remember he was given this huge mess literally from the start and has only been in office for six weeks. He can’t fix a problem this big in such a short amount of time.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Give him a little bit of time. Remember he was given this huge mess literally from the start and has only been in office for six weeks. He can’t fix a problem this big in such a short amount of time.

People keep on using that as an excuse. (I mean that in general, by the way. Seen it far too many times on Twitter, whenever anyone holds people in Congress or the Senate accountable, people keep on saying things similar to what you've said.)

Thing is, Biden already said nothing will change and (in regards to health care) he'll veto a Medicare for All bill if it ever hit his desk (para-phrasing here). Those are a couple of examples of why people should be holding him and other Congress and Senate people accountable.

I agree with nel3 there. They're doing just that, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
People keep on using that as an excuse. (I mean that in general, by the way. Seen it far too many times on Twitter, whenever anyone holds people in Congress or the Senate accountable, people keep on saying things similar to what you've said.)

Thing is, Biden already said nothing will change and (in regards to health care) he'll veto a Medicare for All bill if it ever hit his desk (para-phrasing here). Those are a couple of examples of why people should be holding him and other Congress and Senate people accountable.

I agree with nel3 there. They're doing just that, and there's nothing wrong with it.
And who holds them accountable?

How?

When?

With what?

Primaries during election seasons aren't enough, as history has proven.

Please, enlighten us as to how to do this other than yelling into the echoing void on social media.

Otherwise this call for holding accountability has no teeth and no substance.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
So he's making a **** list.

What's next, he's going to wag his finger and pooh-pooh them?

The average voter doesn't read **** lists.

What Bernie needs is career-ending dirt.

ACTUAL career-ending dirt.

Stuff John Q Public will eat up and be repulsed by.

And vote for progressives in the vaunted primaries to get rid of due to a presumed lack of dirt.

TMZ politics.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
We’ve had two candidates come out as sex predators and it was swept under the rug.

You need a dead girl or a live boy to work as dirt, and even then I really doubt it will work.

This at least gets people in a lie that directly affects them, instead of promising something they have no intention to deliver.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Biden is doing a great job! That is if he is aiming to tank his chances of fixing the country to an extent. He is supposed to take USA away from the brink, not muck up the job and hand the Republicans the country on a silver platter. $15 min wage, covid relief downgrades and various policies that don't help the general public. He is sure trying to tank his own party...

Imagine blaming Biden for the actions (or lack of action) of Congress, like he has authority over them instead of having a 3-chamber-government with checks and balances.

Now, I could understand blaming him for not issuing an executive order to raise the minimum wage, if he really has the authority to do that. Some argue he does, but if he tried, the republicans would be filing lawsuits left and right and it would eventually go to the supreme court to make the final decision.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
We’ve had two candidates come out as sex predators and it was swept under the rug.

You need a dead girl or a live boy to work as dirt, and even then I really doubt it will work.

This at least gets people in a lie that directly affects them, instead of promising something they have no intention to deliver.
The sniffing, Tara Reade, or...

bobjr

Staff member
Biden has had several different credible claims over the years, but they were all swept under the rug, or given the same excuses the GOP gave for Trump.

It’s literally only the past few years where people pretended to care and action has been taken, and only a few people have really been punished for it.

bobjr

Staff member
The frightening thing about rape culture is that this is the moral calculus that it relies on to stay alive. There's always "more important things", always something more "serious" to prioritize. And when rape culture is at its most powerful, it is always its victims that are thrown under the bus first.

bobjr

Staff member
I think the big thing will be “this needs to be done at a different time”

But the question will be what are they going to do to make it happen at a different time, because a few of them have said it needs to happen at any cost, except when it comes to voting for it apparently.

BGMaxie

Biden has had several different credible claims over the years, but they were all swept under the rug, or given the same excuses the GOP gave for Trump.

It’s literally only the past few years where people pretended to care and action has been taken, and only a few people have really been punished for it.

The frightening thing about rape culture is that this is the moral calculus that it relies on to stay alive. There's always "more important things", always something more "serious" to prioritize. And when rape culture is at its most powerful, it is always its victims that are thrown under the bus first.

It is a complicated issue in general. You're right, politics are often at play to sweep the whole thing under the rug under certain pretenses that are mostly convenience. A lot of the problem is also the fact that we're just NOW relatively recently been more mindful, society-wise of the idea of inadequate interaction and being mindful of other's physical space and the idea of consent applied to certain gestures.

The things that Biden did that were fairly questionable and under scrutiny rightfully so, were common back in the day. Back then nobody really batted much of an eye regarding kissing, and touching the way he did so long as it wasn't touching private parts (then again the understanding of power dynamics and how a person of certain status is "allowed" to get away with things like these was also a lot stronger back then than it is now, so it is likely a bad mix of "this is ok" and "better not to say no to these overlords").

People like Epstein and Weinstein while being very powerful men on their own right, also got hauled for really hardcore stuff, like active sexual exploitation and even pedophilia. It is also possible that in the eyes of some investigators what Biden did pases muster as a sort of "yeah ok, maybe he did this, but it isn't too much of a biggie......", not a posture I agree with btw if it actually does occur.

There is fundamentally a lot to still do society-wise to keep pushing and dealing with this phenomenon, so it gets the deserved attention and so it doesn't get swept under the rug under certain pretenses, concepts like unwanted touching and trespassing one's physical boundaries along with the MeToo movement, gained relevance because it was a sort of an awakening of something we had internally normalized that ultimately turned out was really not ok, and it is something that needs to keep on evolving.

Here is a video that talks about it, which I found insightful

nel3

Crimson Dragon
a little bit of time wont help, they are setting themselves up to potentially lose control in the senate and house when they can demolish the republicans so easily with rational bills/measures and concrete actions. that angry orange did make a mess of the country but if the party that is supposed to fix and improve on that only commits to a quarter butt attempt to remedy just the damage then its pretty much useless. they talk big but when they see ink and paper they suddenly forget what they were trying to accomplish and water it down on their own.

i agree Biden is figthing against a stacked deck to try and fix things but all the things he said he would do arent followed up with concrete actions. its just a meek reply "ok, i wont try and rock the boat". he needs to take control of the boat and i hope he does that but things dont looks so promising 2 months in. if he fails to do that then its all on his shoulders. i hope he realizes his erroneous policies of "laisser faire" and shows the country on how a president should act to fix the country. its his time to potentially shine and show what a democratic party can achieve if they dont squander a golden opportunity.

they dont have the senate, they have Kamala as a house tie breaker and still the dems cross the aisle to vote on republican issues... if they lose more seats to the republicans then passing meaningful measures will be even harder than it currently is. potentially 4 years of inaction and potentially lack luster job as president. wouldnt that give the republicans good fodder to take back control and continue the down spiral even more? in the end another democratic office would have to fight even harder to fix the situation provided they have the balls to do it. changing policies and economy isnt the most complicated but it can be improved. what about stuff that does permanent damage like climate change, there is no temp dial we can just turn down on that to fix it. only drastically changing the way the economy works and how we use certain natural resources to power our society can start to solve the problem.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Every country but Brazil is showing signs of containing the virus. Brazil, however, is being slaughtered.
Yeah, I noticed too, and the Brazilian president was telling the population to stop crying about the rise of daily cases.

I'm also surprised about Israel because despite the country being vaccinated at 55%, it still has more daily cases than Canada at 5% vaccination rate, the latter being 4x more populated than the former.

Last edited:

Phillies

Depends a lot on how you frame the question. If you tell them that is also raises your taxes, support plummets.

Am I missing something here? Wouldn't the increased tax just replace the money people already pay for insurance? Are people worried that the cost would be higher than what they already pay? Or am I just not understanding how we would pay for Medicare for All?

I remembered a few years ago the Texas government boasted how it gained the most amount of people living in their states, because of low cost of living & warn weather. I wonder if after the full reopening of their economy despite the covid still ongoing and their power failures during an historic cold weather would make people think twice before living there.

Hopefully not. I think people moving to Texas is the key for Democrats to ever have a chance at ever winning Texas.

As far as minimum wage goes if they are so worried that $15 an hour will bankrupt small businesses why don't the just add an amendment where small businesses can pay $12 an hour and then have the government make up the other $3 per hour. We were paying people $600 per week in the beginning of the pandemic. $480 a month seems cheap in comparison. It wouldn't even actually be $480 if they tax it like regular income.

BGMaxie

Yeah, I noticed too, and the Brazilian president was telling the population to stop crying about the rise of daily cases.

I'm also surprised about Israel because despite the country being vaccinated at 55%, it still has more daily cases than Canada at 5% vaccination rate, the latter being 4x more populated than the former.
Bolsonaro is a complete sociopath, he isn't called Trump of the Tropics for nothing. He is a far-righter and science-denier piece of ****.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster

As I always say: they hate you, they hate you and they hate you. Electoralism is dead.

And a reminder:

You're denying that a good chunk tried to at least get the 15. The 58 do not speak for the rest. Please stop quoting that "electoralism is dead" meme. It sounds like you want to take away freedom of choice in voting.

And if you want better, do more than be angry and mopey online.

Do more than protest.

Do something substantial and permanant.