• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Perhaps if an executive order issuing Medicare for All that included abortions were issued..

But "nothing will fundamentally change" because "better things aren't possible" is why we can't just issue it...that and the Federalist Society by way of Trump rigging all the courts, Manchin & Sinema holding back the filibuster being deleted & Citizens United causing dark money to own politicians.

Yet people refuse to just unionize, strike en masse to cripple donors & cruel employers to send THE message while taking a hit to personal finances....

It's almost like there are a lot more more "f** you, got mine"s" than "not me, us" in regards to the thing that would do what is needed than pundits would like to admit...that, & money-hoarding by the rich has intentionally lead to striking being a luxury, along with revolutions...

Someone has to have some guts, funds(but not too many funds) & the skills to end this dancing around solving the gridlock.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
You notice how they keep trying to walk a line that they totally know the election results were accurate, but punishing people who don’t bow to Trump.

Though I almost think the former is just to signal to donors that they can start getting money again, because despite saying they’ll stop donating several companies have resumed donations to Reps who supported the 1/6 insurrection

Litleonid

The GOP is officially dead. They have chosen to embrace baseless conspiracies and cast out the truth. We may have defeated Trump, but he has poisoned the minds of Republicans to such an extent that we're still stuck feeling the side effects of the insanity that plagued the Trump administration. Trumpism is still alive and well and even after January 6th, Republicans refuse to admit that they need to move on without him while QAnon has infiltrated congress. Abraham Lincoln must be truly disgusted by what his party has become. They once embraced people with some form of integrity such as John McCain and Mitt Romney...Now they've turned into a cult that worships Trump and embraces the insanity of members such as Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Josh Hawley, and Matt Gaetz. RIP the GOP.

BGMaxie

Sounds like a nice way to say genocide, but after you bomb orphanages and kill kids nothing is off the table I guess
Not gonna excuse what Israel does, but I just heard something amongst the lines of Hamas intentionally building rocket launchers in HEAVILY populated areas (like nurseries) just to intentionally get people caught in the crossfire so as to fire up the populace against Israel and well, play a propaganda game. Has any of you people heard anything to that effect?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
not so much US politics but its still politics. those arrogant elitist French "donkeys" did it again recently with their attack on the English community in Quebec. they are already insecure about having the French language "fade away" that they make more BS to try and dominate even more over the English speaking population. do they know that English is the primary global business language among a few other languages??? French does play a part in business but many French speaking people still want to learn English so they can be more competitive and flexible in their future endeavors. at the very least the super French donkeys are still mad law 96 didnt go far enough, go suck it up (i would use more provocative language but it wont be appropriate here) and learn some diversity is what id suggest to them.

bobjr

Staff member
Not gonna excuse what Israel does, but I just heard something amongst the lines of Hamas intentionally building rocket launchers in HEAVILY populated areas (like nurseries) just to intentionally get people caught in the crossfire so as to fire up the populace against Israel and well, play a propaganda game. Has any of you people heard anything to that effect?

The average Palestinian isn’t even 18 years old. I’m not saying Palestine is always doing the right thing, but when another country wants to genocide you and openly admits they want an ethnostate, those people tend to not just let themselves get genocided.

Plus a lot of the videos have been debunked and are Israeli propaganda.

Vernikova

Champion
You notice how they keep trying to walk a line that they totally know the election results were accurate, but punishing people who don’t bow to Trump.
It's smart to appease parts of the base with words, which is why businesses and other politicians always stick to saying things. Cheney probably saw that re-election wasn't going to be in her favor and decided to take her seat on the board of some defense company. She's also helping the Republican House members by making them seem like they're tough (like Trump). Bowing to Trump is necessary for them for now. As soon as they don't need to, they will stop mentioning him.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don't get why people are still worshipping that giant carrot and acting like he was best thing ever to happen to the US. He didn't do anything to make my life better and he did nothing to help the general public. He really screwed up in office and caused a deadly riot on federal property. He even treats his youngest daughter like garbage and yet she tries to win his love which is never going to happen. Baron is the only hope to prove to the world that there is at least one decent normal person in that messed up family that isn't affected by their insane political views. People seem to forget that Trump called ALL autistic kids "brats that need to learn some manners."

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I don't get why people are still worshipping that giant carrot and acting like he was best thing ever to happen to the US. He didn't do anything to make my life better and he did nothing to help the general public. He really screwed up in office and caused a deadly riot on federal property. He even treats his youngest daughter like garbage and yet she tries to win his love which is never going to happen. Baron is the only hope to prove to the world that there is at least one decent normal person in that messed up family that isn't affected by their insane political views. People seem to forget that Trump called ALL autistic kids "brats that need to learn some manners."
Yeah, I hate him even more now.

Vernikova

Champion
I don't get why people are still worshipping that giant carrot and acting like he was best thing ever to happen to the US.
Trump is basically Obama.

While that may sound crazy to some, it's the reason for his popularity. Trump spoke to some of the same issues that Obama spoke of back in 2008 (his reduces the weirdness of Obama-to-Trump voters). He presented himself as the a populist candidate at the same time populism saw a rise in popularity (similar to Sanders, who is still popular). He presents himself as someone who will fight for you, and that appeals to people. Politicians always present themselves as people that fight for you, but that often isn't the case.

Now you might be wondering why people love him despite him just caving to standard Republican politics for the most part. Well, people are still infatuated with Obama despite him falling to standard Democratic politics. Let's not forget that Obama would've lost in 2012 if it wasn't for a surging African American turnout that occurred that year (Obama lost among Republicans and Independents). Your image is sometimes more important than reality, and while Obama and Trump certainly took a hit in reality, their image persists amongst the political base.

bobjr

Staff member
There's also the projecting in a lot of those people want to be Trump, since he's rich and has never really faced any consequences in his life, only being rewarded for terrible behavior.

It's literally why the twitter ban makes him so mad, it's honestly one of the worst things he's had to deal with in his life.

Vernikova

Champion
There's also the projecting in a lot of those people want to be Trump, since he's rich and has never really faced any consequences in his life, only being rewarded for terrible behavior.

It's literally why the twitter ban makes him so mad, it's honestly one of the worst things he's had to deal with in his life.
I would buy this view. However, "never faced consequences" and "rich" can describe a bunch of politicians that lack the fealty that Trump commands.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
It's smart to appease parts of the base with words, which is why businesses and other politicians always stick to saying things. Cheney probably saw that re-election wasn't going to be in her favor and decided to take her seat on the board of some defense company. She's also helping the Republican House members by making them seem like they're tough (like Trump). Bowing to Trump is necessary for them for now. As soon as they don't need to, they will stop mentioning him.
More to the point, I think they want the news media -- who, while by and large conservative, still at least have some modicum of dedication to the basic concepts of reality about at least certain subjects -- to not perceive them as being completely irrational. It's still not socially acceptable to say the quiet part out loud on all the Republicans' messaging (i.e. that they think people of color are inherently inferior to whites, that they think queer people are inherently inferior to cis/het people, that they think women are inherently inferior to men, that they think poor people are inherently inferior to rich, that whether or not they believe in climate science is immaterial and they should just be allowed to do whatever they want because they're Just Better, etc.), despite what one might be led to believe after the past several years in this shithole country.

And, y'know, this part. Far-right politics best appeals to people who didn't mentally grow past that phase of being a teenager where they think they know everything and that they haven't done anything wrong.