• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster

Glad to see right after Israel bombs the goddamn AP building we're still going to defend them as they push their ethnostate.
The fools can build nuke launchers in Jordan. No apartheid and all the Middle East, apart from that spammy outdated reason...a naval base.

The only reason people pretend to give a **** about a Jewish government other than the secret inevitable antisemitic nuclearized Holocaust 2.0 attempt to finish Jewish people off like the Nazis and middlers they are...

...is the naval base for Cold War-era nuke platforms against Iran-Russia-Syria in a hypothetical WWIII, under the pretense of apologizing for not actively stopping the Holocaust.

Russia does a similar dance with Syria.

It's so transparently stupid.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i know there are likely tunnel systems in Gaza but i think Israel is taking a few too many liberties in claiming there are more tunnels to justify the collateral damage they are causing...

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I mean they’re openly killing kids, knowing they won’t get any punishment for it.

This is the same army that kills medics for helping wounded people.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i agree that they are using that piss poor excuse to just kill innocent civilians. there is too much bad blood between the 2 sides, no pun intended but its almost hopeless unless they really have a proper trade of ideas and open mindset to solve this feud. i dont even know if it can be done but maybe a long term goal can be reached eventually. the 2 sides are too close minded to even compromise. in short: its complicated.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Mississippi has rejected the medical cannabis initiative.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m not really for abortion but I do think that it’s a woman’s right to get one if she wants. Plus I think abortion is okay under certain circumstances such as pregnancy as a result of rape or incest or in cases of where the life of the mother is at risk or the baby dies during the pregnancy.

bobjr

Staff member
The only reason abortion is even an issue is because religious leaders pushed it with pro-segregation messages, because they didn’t work well on their own.

No one should be forced to have a kid, and for all the rhetoric about lazy people having kids and wasting money, they sure like to offer no solution to that.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The only reason abortion is even an issue is because religious leaders pushed it with pro-segregation messages, because they didn’t work well on their own.

No one should be forced to have a kid, and for all the rhetoric about lazy people having kids and wasting money, they sure like to offer no solution to that.
They CLAIM giving kids up for adoption or abstinence until marriage is their "solution", but that still translates to "give them up to MY religion's custody so we can raise more worker drones for the hives" and "women are to blame for rapes that happen to them for/because"-level hot, stinking garbage.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I’m not really for abortion but I do think that it’s a woman’s right to get one if she wants. Plus I think abortion is okay under certain circumstances such as pregnancy as a result of rape or incest or in cases of where the life of the mother is at risk or the baby dies during the pregnancy.

Exactly. It should be up to the woman in regards to that. Not by those who want to take away their rights.

George Carlin put it best.

Warning: contains some strong language

And wth @_@...

Last edited:

Poke Trainer J

Is it just me or are people too afraid to talk about the pandemic because they're worried about the backlash they'll probably get? Why is it considered wrong to question the long term effects of the COVID-19 vaccine when we still don't know the full details of how safe it is? Has anyone considered the possibility of this global vaccination effort backfiring to a point where it could do more harm to the human race? Not saying it will happen but it's better to be safe than sorry. Look I'm not trying to scare anybody here with baseless conspiracy theories when we're both after the same thing and that's the REAL TRUTH! Really there's been so much disinformation and misinformation about COVID-19 and the vaccines from Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson that I almost don't know what to believe anymore.

I will admit that I did have some concerns about the recent CDC Guidelines for face mask mandates possibility creating a new form of segregation that we haven't seen since the rise of the American Civil Rights Movement of the 1960's though so far it hasn't come to that. I don't think it's fair to grant special privileges to fully vaccinated people compared to those who've only gotten one dose of the vaccine or refused to get a dose at all but I do understand that it's supposed to prevent the spread of the virus. The narrative right now is to get everyone vaccinated however the way it's gone about feels like everyone is in a rush to get back to "normal" instead of allowing the facts of the vaccine and it's development to speak for itself. I get why people are anxious to get back to a relative normal society after dealing with this chaos.

Still what If you decided to get fully vaccinated and somehow the pharmaceutical companies who manufactured it lied about it's safety resulting in deaths leading to the victims or their families / loved ones being entitled to compensation? Someone you know died from taking Xarelto or some other over the counter medicine that somehow bypassed the FDA but didn't understand the side effects of the drug(s) themselves? Would you feel safer actually knowing that the cure could be worse than the disease instead of gambling your life away taking the cure knowing that it could be just as bad If not worse than the disease itself? People shouldn't be condemned for not wanting to take the vaccine but I can see how it'd be weird with humanity being split between those who wear face masks publicly and those that don't.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Alabama legalized medical cannabis.

This isn't too important, but it IS Alabama. It might be overturned in the courts though.

bobjr

Staff member
We shut down one of the vaccines when there were 6 cases of high blood pressure out of 7 million doses given. They don’t put out vaccines without extensive testing, and while there are always side effects I’d take a day of being sick over the permanent lung damage or death.

Besides, anyone who thinks not getting the vaccine is like the civil rights movement has no idea what the civil rights movement was about, and is only trying to justify a selfish decision by pretending there’s a noble cause behind it, and there’s anything but.

Poke Trainer J

We shut down one of the vaccines when there were 6 cases of high blood pressure out of 7 million doses given. They don’t put out vaccines without extensive testing, and while there are always side effects I’d take a day of being sick over the permanent lung damage or death.

Besides, anyone who thinks not getting the vaccine is like the civil rights movement has no idea what the civil rights movement was about, and is only trying to justify a selfish decision by pretending there’s a noble cause behind it, and there’s anything but.
Not getting the vaccine like the Civil Rights Movement? I was mainly comparing the segregation of those events being similar If the face mask mandates get to that kind of worse case scenario. Explain to me how it's selfish to want to ensure that the risk of dying from getting immunized without ever being diagnosed with COVID-19 or by already having COVID-19 is very minimal. What's wrong with wanting to live?

Poke Trainer J

Tell that to all the people dead of Covid because idiots didn’t wear a mask and broke rules for selfish reasons.
Is it selfish to be a sovereign being knowing that freedom is our own birthright? I'm not saying don't wear a face mask and break rules when people should only allow themselves to be vaccinated If they've voluntarily consented toward it having enough knowledge of the virus and the vaccine to where it doesn't kill them or at least that's the hope anyway.

bobjr

Staff member
I like how every new thing about the vaccine, especially Pfizer and Moderna, are showing that it’s really good and protects against everything Covid related, from protection to yourself and from transmission to others.

Anyone now who’s saying “I’m waiting for the facts” is at best an ignorant child, since it’s literally an excuse to be irresponsible and we won’t reach herd immunity because of shitheads like that.

Zora

perpetually tired
I... cannot process the amount of misinformation I just read. To everyone reading, for the love of Arceus, get the vaccine if you can.
  • The vaccines are safe. We momentarily stopped J&J after six cases of complications out of a million; the fact nothing comparable has happened to Pfizer/Moderna tells you plenty. There is no substantial claims to medical complications arising from vaccines (beyond ultra rare bloodclots in J&J), period.
  • Vaccine passports will almost surely not be implemented, if for no reason than we lack the infrastructure. Ironically, the most likely reason for vaccine passports are precisely because people like you are being vaccine hesitant. At best, businesses and schools will require proof of vaccinations for employment/education, as they should. The fact you compare this to Jim Crow Segregation is both insulting and laughable.
  • Relatedly, the reason why getting everyone vaccinated is to achieve herd immunity, or at least contain the virus enough that it's a manageable endemic disease (a la the flu). Pandemics and endemic diseases are a public health issue, you cannot frame them in terms of personal health.
  • Mate, I'm far more worried about someone near me dying because people like you aren't getting the vaccine and will keep COVID circulating, especially as vaccine's efficacy wanes, than any non-existent complications arising from vaccines per se. We probably passed the window of herd immunity (B117's prevelance raises herd immunity threshold) and are looking at an endemic timeline, and vaccine hesitancy may very well be to blame.
    • Relatedly I suspect this is partially why CDC loosened guidelines this past week; if we're on an endemic timeline anyway, what vaccinated people do doesn't really make a difference at this point. But that's just speculation on my part.
The reason why the rightwing media is banging the anti-vax drum is because fear is the bread and butter of propaganda. Give people an enemy to hate, and they'll fall in line. And you spreading that propaganda is just ****ing dangerous, because this is a public health issue.

Last edited:

Poke Trainer J

Mate, I'm far more worried about someone near me dying because people like you aren't getting the vaccine and will keep COVID circulating, especially as vaccine's efficacy wanes, than any non-existent complications arising from vaccines per se. We probably passed the window of herd immunity (B117's prevelance raises herd immunity threshold) and are looking at an endemic timeline, and vaccine hesitancy may very well be to blame.
Just because someone like me is still hesitant to get the vaccine due to lack of trust and transparency from government and health officials doesn't mean that I'm not worried about someone near me dying as well. Of course I'm worried about someone near me dying having only gotten one dose before they get their second to be fully vaccinated having to work outside of home beforehand or that they haven't gotten their dose yet. What's wrong with respecting peoples' decision to not take the vaccine? If they knew enough about how safe the vaccine is then this wouldn't be a problem though unfortunately it is.

The reason why there's been more hesitancy to take the vaccine is because we don't really know what the long term effects of it are not even government and health officials know either yet and there's this race to get that information out there to the public so that they can be assured that the vaccine is 100% safe to help achieve herd immunity in some way. It could take months or even years before we have the raw data proving what the vaccine will do to peoples' immune systems and bodies but it's one of those scenarios where the risk of not taking that risk to get fully vaccinated is the greatest risk of all. The institutions that keeps our society afloat can only bare the brunt of this pandemic for so long.

As for comparing the potentiality of face mask mandates being segregated to Jim Crow Segregation wasn't me trying to come off as being insulting and If you feel that way then I apologize. I don't think it's any surprise that COVID-19 has become an endemic at this point in time though I do agree that it's hard to frame pandemic and endemic diseases in terms of personal health when it's a public health issue. Compared to what was going on with the 1918 Spanish Flu I think it's safe to assume there wasn't as much propaganda and confusion going on back then in regards to our current situation with COVID-19.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Just because someone like me is still hesitant to get the vaccine due to lack of trust and transparency from government and health officials doesn't mean that I'm not worried about someone near me dying as well. Of course I'm worried about someone near me dying having only gotten one dose before they get their second to be fully vaccinated having to work outside of home beforehand or that they haven't gotten their dose yet. What's wrong with respecting peoples' decision to not take the vaccine? If they knew enough about how safe the vaccine is then this wouldn't be a problem though unfortunately it is.

The reason why there's been more hesitancy to take the vaccine is because we don't really know what the long term effects of it are not even government and health officials know either yet and there's this race to get that information out there to the public so that they can be assured that the vaccine is 100% safe to help achieve herd immunity in some way. It could take months or even years before we have the raw data proving what the vaccine will do to peoples' immune systems and bodies but it's one of those scenarios where the risk of not taking that risk to get fully vaccinated is the greatest risk of all. The institutions that keeps our society afloat can only bare the brunt of this pandemic for so long.

As for comparing the potentiality of face mask mandates being segregated to Jim Crow Segregation wasn't me trying to come off as being insulting and If you feel that way then I apologize. I don't think it's any surprise that COVID-19 has become an endemic at this point in time though I do agree that it's hard to frame pandemic and endemic diseases in terms of personal health when it's a public health issue. Compared to what was going on with the 1918 Spanish Flu I think it's safe to assume there wasn't as much propaganda and confusion going on back then in regards to our current situation with COVID-19.
First paragraph: I'll make this really simple. If you don't take the vaccine, you put yourself and others at risk. That's all there really is to it. As for the safety of the vaccine, it's safe, and the people you should trust the most are scientists.

Second paragraph: We already have information from other coronavirus vaccines that are not Covid-19. That's how we made this vaccine relatively quickly. Also, it was a focal interest to scientists.

Third paragraph: Comparing anything to Jim Crow segragation is asking for trouble, unless you want to compare the situation African Americans are in now (which isn't as bad, but still has plenty of problems).

TL;DR: Trust scientists, don't compare stuff to Jim Crow.