• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Poke Trainer J

First paragraph: I'll make this really simple. If you don't take the vaccine, you put yourself and others at risk. That's all there really is to it. As for the safety of the vaccine, it's safe, and the people you should trust the most are scientists.

Second paragraph: We already have information from other coronavirus vaccines that are not Covid-19. That's how we made this vaccine relatively quickly. Also, it was a focal interest to scientists.

Third paragraph: Comparing anything to Jim Crow segragation is asking for trouble, unless you want to compare the situation African Americans are in now (which isn't as bad, but still has plenty of problems).

TL;DR: Trust scientists, don't compare stuff to Jim Crow.
Fair enough. The Jim Crow Segregation analogy I tried making earlier was really terrible though I had difficulty finding something that wasn't as offensive to compare the potentiality of face mask mandates being segregated. Now granted I've taken this recent COVID-19 conspiracy theory by planetwatcher.com with a grain of salt however this group of people claims that the mRNA technology used to develop the COVID-19 vaccine wasn't really a vaccine. It was an anti-vaccine. It doesn't protect you from the pathogen. It protects the pathogen from you. Faulty antibodies disable your immune response. I'm hoping someone here can properly fact check this to help prove me wrong.

They also claim that this supposed existential threat to mankind's survival has reinvigorated collective cooperation in self-government, that a system in violation of natural law is doomed to topple. The survival of our species depends on understanding consequences. I'm not going to get into any further details with this however it's something that's been really bothering me for awhile now. I don't really want to believe that the COVID-19 vaccine could be genocidal poison to 7,495,978+ people. What I can say for certain is that these global crises that keep occurring once every 20 years with the last one ironically enough being on September 11th, 2001 was no coincidence or accident If you actually believe in the astrology behind it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Fair enough. The Jim Crow Segregation analogy I tried making earlier was really terrible though I had difficulty finding something that wasn't as offensive to compare the potentiality of face mask mandates being segregated. Now granted I've taken this recent COVID-19 conspiracy theory by planetwatcher.com with a grain of salt however this group of people claims that the mRNA technology used to develop the COVID-19 vaccine wasn't really a vaccine. It was an anti-vaccine. It doesn't protect you from the pathogen. It protects the pathogen from you. Faulty antibodies disable your immune response. I'm hoping someone here can properly fact check this to help prove me wrong.

They also claim that this supposed existential threat to mankind's survival has reinvigorated collective cooperation in self-government, that a system in violation of natural law is doomed to topple. The survival of our species depends on understanding consequences. I'm not going to get into any further details with this however it's something that's been really bothering me for awhile now. I don't really want to believe that the COVID-19 vaccine could be genocidal poison to 7,495,978+ people. What I can say for certain is that these global crises that keep occurring once every 20 years with the last one ironically enough being on September 11th, 2001 was no coincidence or accident If you actually believe in the astrology behind it.
I'm not really understanding any of this.

If you start to comprehend the basics of immunology, and to not associate a horrific terrorist event 20 years ago to astrology, then maybe we can get to some level of communication. Otherwise, I'm not really going to dissect this.

Poke Trainer J

I'm not really understanding any of this.

If you start to comprehend the basics of immunology, and to not associate a horrific terrorist event 20 years ago to astrology, then maybe we can get to some level of communication. Otherwise, I'm not really going to dissect this.
Tragic events and Astrology aside, I really need to know whether If the mRNA technology used to develop the COVID-19 vaccine actually is an anti-vaccine as the people from planetwatcher.com claims and If it actually protects the COVID-19 pathogen from you instead of the person being protected from the COVID-19 pathogen. Is there anyway you can help dissect this please?

If the claims by planetwatcher.com are proven to be true then that would signal disaster for mankind who've already taken the vaccine or are about to whether If it's their first or second dose. If there's any credible reports of people actually dying from the vaccine as much as from the virus itself then it'd be a crime against humanity for the news media not to cover this.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Astrology is a pseudoscience.

I don't mind astrology on the basis of what star sign you are (as long as you don't take it that seriously), but trying to apply it to scientific questions is a dangerous proposition.

Vaccines are scientifically based on the matters of immunology, not star alignment hoodoo BS.

Poke Trainer J

Astrology is a pseudoscience.

I don't mind astrology on the basis of what star sign you are (as long as you don't take it that seriously), but trying to apply it to scientific questions is a dangerous proposition.

Vaccines are scientifically based on the matters of immunology, not star alignment hoodoo BS.
Okay, so are you going to answer my question earlier or not?

Poke Trainer J

We are not going to dissect how good a Vaccine is based on how the planets are aligned.

Who do you think we are, the Reagans?
I wasn't asking the question on an astrological standpoint, I was genuinely asking in terms of the actual science.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Seeing as we’ve eradicated several diseases and made others easily curable when they were a previous death sentence through the use of vaccines, I’m going to lean on that instead of a pseudoscience website.

As we’re seeing, the issue won’t be that it’s unsafe, it’s that the companies who invent it will want to keep all the profit to themselves, at the cost of people not getting the vaccine in areas ravaged by Covid

nel3

Crimson Dragon
LOL going to planet quackery on what will be effective or not? astrology is PURE BS that only caters to those weird eclectic or crazy people. if you want to feed your superstations then by all means eat the BS. its not even a science, its just catchy or foreboding statements one can entertain to occur to them on any given day. when one starts to use astrology to prove something its best to tell them they are an idiot.

did you ever consider balancing the 4 humours when it comes to your false vaccine theories? the biles and phlem are rather predominant...

Poke Trainer J

Seeing as we’ve eradicated several diseases and made others easily curable when they were a previous death sentence through the use of vaccines, I’m going to lean on that instead of a pseudoscience website.

As we’re seeing, the issue won’t be that it’s unsafe, it’s that the companies who invent it will want to keep all the profit to themselves, at the cost of people not getting the vaccine in areas ravaged by Covid
Better than the idea of the COVID-19 Vaccine being used as a designated genocidal time bomb for the human race as part of some sinister depopulation agenda that's proven to be false.

bobjr

Staff member
You’d think if there was a depopulation theory it would be on the deadly virus that was previously ravaging populations before the vaccine, but I’m sure it’s both and those kinds of people just want to keep trying to push that square peg into a round hole.

Vernikova

Champion
To anyone paying attention: Why did the Israeli-Palestinian conflict gain more ground than the Sino-Uyghurian conflict?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
because Average Whitey can't pronounce "uyghur"

On a more serious note: the Uyghurs, to my knowledge, don't have a well-known equivalent to Hamas for idiot centrists to latch onto as a "terrorist organization" to try and spin the conflict. Also, enough people hate China and the Jinping administration so unilaterally that pointing out that they're doing YET ANOTHER atrocity feels pointless. Obviously, I saw a lot of conversation about China committing genocide against the Uyghurs on Twitter, but that's inside a heavily left section of Twitter. That's basically died off, but the prospect of dealing with two genocides as they're happening is a pipe dream. Talking about one is exhausting enough.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Concerning the vaccine. I'm not sure if attacking people who refuse to get the vaccine is the best course of action. I recently spoke to my doctor and he explained the science behind it and why it was made so quickly (in depth) and why after being hesitant to take it he decided to do it. I'm not going to condemn regular people who don't know any better when there are real life physicians who are skeptical. Maybe the focus should be on educating them than flat out insulting. The good news is that while theoretically possible that the vaccine could have long term side effects the longest it's ever taken a vaccine apparently to have side effects is six months and the vaccine has been out since November I believe.
Orrrr...we can admit that it isn't ignorance, but malicious politics and disinformation, that socially engineered people into not getting it in order to cause what amounts to a mass suicide to "own the libs".

bobjr

Staff member
Nobody wants Covid, but there are also a lot of people out there who refuse to believe it's a real thing, even as they're dying from it.

It all comes down to the situation, and looking at data minority groups are getting the vaccine in higher rates now, after an early issue where minority-majority areas were getting less vaccines.

These people aren't getting the vaccine if you dunk on them or tell them to educate themselves, the only real thing would be some kind of restriction on public events until you got the vaccine, but that's too hard to implement.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Nobody wants Covid, but there are also a lot of people out there who refuse to believe it's a real thing, even as they're dying from it.

It all comes down to the situation, and looking at data minority groups are getting the vaccine in higher rates now, after an early issue where minority-majority areas were getting less vaccines.

These people aren't getting the vaccine if you dunk on them or tell them to educate themselves, the only real thing would be some kind of restriction on public events until you got the vaccine, but that's too hard to implement.
HIPAA also says that your status of vaccination is covered under it, so vaccine cards being required would be a breach of that law.

Obviously it needs a pandemic exemption added.

bobjr

Staff member
People being stupid and not getting vaccinated is leading us to not reach herd immunity, which directly hurts other people. This is specifically because there are people who cannot get a vaccine. Plus it hurts the people who get vaccines, as it will require extra boosters later on as well if we do not reach herd immunity.

Plus this isn't a case where you can give someone the facts, it's that they will not believe them and will instead read freepatriot.com or something on Fox News and believe that instead, even if you had every medical expert in the world saying how good it is.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Everytime someone brings up religious beliefs as a defense for not saving lives, Jesus weeps bloody tears,, and Satan cums.

That is MY religious BELIEF, so get vaccinated, or you're interfering with MY BELIEFS.

See how little water that holds? A religious belief outside of core tenets is a game of Mad Libs:You use the framework to justify yours or whomever is bribing you to say such's opinions.