• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Not quite; I'm saying the accusations made against Hillary have dissuaded me from putting our future in her hands.

I'm not voting for either of them, though, cause I don't want to act like an offensive a**w1pe or a naïve pleb (mostly 'cause I have friends who'd look down on me for voting for either).

That's honestly even worse than not voting at all. If you want to vote, then don't let friends stop you.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Not quite; I'm saying the accusations made against Hillary have dissuaded me from putting our future in her hands.

I'm not voting for either of them, though, cause I don't want to act like an offensive a**w1pe or a naïve pleb (mostly 'cause I have friends who'd look down on me for voting for either).

That's honestly even worse than not voting at all. If you want to vote, then don't let friends stop you.

agreed with Yuoke, you also don't have to tell your friends you voted

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
i guess he named himself truly deceptive for a reason

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
They came up with that because "WWIII will occur under a Clinton regime" has become the latest of memes that they hope will stick this time.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
i guess he named himself truly deceptive for a reason

My signature (before it got removed) used to include "The truth can oft be more misleading..." (not as if you care).

Conspiracy, right. Please go away.

You do realize JFK got shot in the head 2 weeks after giving that speech, right? Wait; nvm. 2 years. Didn't even check my facts.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

Solution: find new friends. (Harder solution: find a third-party candidate who doesn't have the brain of a sea sponge.)

You do realize JFK got shot in the head 2 weeks after giving that speech, right? Wait; nvm. 2 years. Didn't even check my facts.

Never mind. I find this to be immensely telling.

Mordent99

Banned
My signature (before it got removed) used to include "The truth can oft be more misleading..." (not as if you care).

Thank you God, I finally get to reply to a JFK conspiracy idiot.

TD, I've read ALL the JFK theories, and I believe none of them. IMOHO, The Purge: Election Year is a more realistic political story than the nonsense folks spout, which is full of conflicting theories so diverse they could fill the Library of Alexandra.

What was or is the truth? It depends greatly on who you ask.

Some believe that the CIA was behind it. They were very angry at Kennedy over the whole mess with the Bay of Pigs. A name that comes up often with them in regards to this is David Sánchez Morales, a CIA agent who had lost several friends and colleges in the failed invasion.

Some suspect the Mafia. Attorney General Robert Kennedy had introduced many strict reforms against organized crime, and it stood to reason that killing his brother – the President – would be a subtle message for him to yield. Not to mention that the mob had lost a lot of business in Cuba when Castro took over, and might have blamed Kennedy for that.

One powerful figure in organized crime mentioned more than others was Sam Giancana who may have had a lot of reasons for wanting Kennedy dead. There were allegations by the Republican Party that he rigged the Illinois elections so that Kennedy would win, and some believed he was upset now because of the tougher reforms (of course, even if Illinois' Electoral Votes had not gone to Kennedy, he still would have won), OR that Kennedy had stolen his girlfriend, OR that Giancana was involved in some plot to assassinate Castro… Again, it varies depending on who the speaker is.

Then there was the theory that filmmaker Oliver Stone used, that the military-industrial complex was behind it, fearing the President would abandon South Vietnam to the communists, hurting their business. (You can blame the Red Scare on this. People those days saw a communist behind every tree, it seemed.)

Other popular theories to suspected masterminds: The KGB, who wanted revenge for being humiliated after the Cuban Missile crisis; Lyndon B. Johnson, who some thought feared would be dropped from the ticket in Kennedy's reelection; the Federal Reserve, who thought Executive Order 1110 was the beginning of a push to abolish them; the Cuban Exile community, who felt Kennedy had betrayed them at the Bay of Pigs (starting to see a trend here?); and on the flip side to that, Fidel Castro, who sought retaliation for constant attempts on his life.

There was even one theory that Oswald did act alone, but Kennedy was not his target. According to this one, his true intended victim was Texas Governor John Connally (who was also in the car). Why? Well, Connally was then Secretary of the Navy, and some felt that Oswald may have held him responsible for his undesirable discharge from the Marines. Oswald's widow staunchly believed this one.

Some of the crazier theorists believe Haitian dictator (and our very reluctant ally at the time) François Duvalier, who claimed he had put a voodoo curse on Kennedy. (Guys like Duvalier should logically act as a lesson and prevent nations from trusting or tolerating insane leaders, but it seems nobody does.)

Most theories include Jack Ruby, the vigilante who killed Oswald. They claim that he was "in on it", and had killed Oswald to silence him. Ruby was convicted of murder and sentenced to death, but died in prison – from lung cancer, the coroner's report said – while his sentence was on appeal.

When you look at all these theories as a whole, you realize they can't ALL be right. The more you group them all together, the more absurd the overall idea becomes. They conflict and contradict each other in several areas. They only agree on one thing: The Warren Report is a sham, and the government was lying. This in turn, is rooted in the fact that some guys can't trust authority and love to challenge it. Regardless of the potential consequences.

No one ever considers that Lee Harvey Oswald - like those guys who love to challenge authority - was just a deranged loner who wanted to be a white supremacist hero. Which is most likely the case. And look where it got him.

Last edited:

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
People Around the World are preparing for a WW||| because of this Presidential Election. I cant vote yet but hope Trump does not win.

chess-z

campy vampire
People Around the World are preparing for a WW||| because of this Presidential Election. I cant vote yet but hope Trump does not win.

WW3 is unlikely no matter which candidate wins, however, our economy and world reputation would suffer greatly if Trump were to be elected. IMO, the war thing is fear mongering on both sides of the aisle. Still don't want Trump elected tho.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
WW3 is unlikely no matter which candidate wins, however, our economy and world reputation would suffer greatly if Trump were to be elected. IMO, the war thing is fear mongering on both sides of the aisle. Still don't want Trump elected tho.

What are you basing that probability on? I'd say WWIII is still possible given Trump's repeated remarks about how Presidents should be allowed to 'push the [nuclear] button' and the need to 'wipe out ISIS' in Syria are evidence enough his actions as POTUS could lead to a world war with other nations, and the fact that Vladimir Putin has already said he does not want Hillary Clinton to win is concerning enough.

I don't think there will be a world war however, not on the same scale as the previous two (That is, if the western media can stop producing the mass hysteria of there being a war and stop painting Putin as a panto villain).

chess-z

campy vampire
What are you basing that probability on? I'd say WWIII is still possible given Trump's repeated remarks about how Presidents should be allowed to 'push the [nuclear] button' and the need to 'wipe out ISIS' in Syria are evidence enough his actions as POTUS could lead to a world war with other nations, and the fact that Vladimir Putin has already said he does not want Hillary Clinton to win is concerning enough.

I don't think there will be a world war however, not on the same scale as the previous two (That is, if the western media lcan stop producing the mass hysteria of there being a war and stop painting Putin as a panto villain).

If you take Trump at face value, I could understand why WW3 would be a concern, however, I think he couldn't hack the presidency, and give the position to Pence. Granted, I really don't want there to be another world war, so I'm biased.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Western media should paint Putin like the insecure man he is and how Russia is heading for a bad financial situation, but the GOP and it's supporters can't stop hyping up the guy as a bastion of manliness and leadership.

Mordent99

Banned
If you take Trump at face value, I could understand why WW3 would be a concern, however, I think he couldn't hack the presidency, and give the position to Pence. Granted, I really don't want there to be another world war, so I'm biased.

Sometimes you just have to take someone at face value, Chess. It's too big a risk.

Trump says he will overturn Roe vs Wade, says there shouldn't be a minimum wage at all, would not allow women to access Planned Parenthood, and would jail political adversaries. He brags about being a predator, believes in "global conspiracies" rigging the U.S elections, and he's a birther.

To most, he sees insane. And I say, take it at face value.

chess-z

campy vampire
Sometimes you just have to take someone at face value, Chess. It's too big a risk.

Trump says he will overturn Roe vs Wade, says there shouldn't be a minimum wage at all, would not allow women to access Planned Parenthood, and would jail political adversaries. He brags about being a predator, believes in "global conspiracies" rigging the U.S elections, and he's a birther.

Well, he's not gonna win, so the possibility of WW3 is pretty much off the table. I guess I'm being more generous to him than I should be, and you're absolutely right. He's bananas, to put it lightly. He clearly lives in his own bubble world and nothing's gonna penetrate it.

bobjr

Staff member
To show how crazy he's getting he's bringing the guy who claims to be Bill Clinton's son, who was already proven not to be, and Barack Obama's loser half brother who he has essentially disavowed years ago.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
To say the least about Trump, take a shot for every headache you've heard from him: the wall, his tax plan, his comments on women etc.

Truly Deceptive

Somehow, I doubt he'd get any of those policies past Congress.

Truly Deceptive

And it's the Supreme Court that overturns rulings.

bobjr

Staff member
When has the GOP shown any spine to him before he was the one candidate? They'll do what he wants because they don't want to get primaried by even further right people.