• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

I still can't believe that America wound up with Trump as the Republican nominee. We had decent choices like John Kasich, but Trump's outrageous behavior overshadowed many of the experienced, decent, and credible Republicans, and people bought into it because he doesn't talk like a politician and all that stuff. I'm still disgusted in America for letting him get this far, and Tuesday is our last chance to stop him. I don't necessarily think Hillary is the best choice, but she's far more capable of running this country rationally, so I truly hope she can stop Trump.

I honestly am afraid though. Trump has a very, very large fanbase that refuses to look past his blatant racism, arrogant mindset, and disrespect for women, minorities, and the handicapped. Hillary has a very large number of people as well who do not trust her, and the email scandal that continues to resurface has put her in a tough spot. Personally, I feel like its exaggerated though by the media to stir up more drama. Those who do not like Trump and Hillary will either not vote, or vote for a 3rd party candidate like Gary Johnson. I'd rather take him over Trump and Hillary, but he honestly does not stand a chance in this two party system. Hillary needs every vote she can get to put a stop to the nightmare Trump has created, though I'm afraid she may have trouble. Lets just hope not though.

Hopefully by Wednesday, Trump will be acting like a sore loser, ranting on his Twitter about how the election was "rigged" and demanding stuff like a recount.

The email scandal was once again showed that Hillary charged with no wrongdoing

Go ahead Trump, I dare you to say the FBI supports her

Litleonid

The email scandal was once again showed that Hillary charged with no wrongdoing

Go ahead Trump, I dare you to say the FBI supports her
So they did not charge her again, though I doubt that will change the opinions of many people.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Gary Johnson is so bad even Libertarians are distancing themselves from him now. And Bernie couldn't win the democratic nomination, and even if he did you had Bloomberg who might have run against him and split the party.

And no one cares about the emails who didn't care before. It's white noise like Benghazi now.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Even if Clinton wins, Trump's support base isn't simply going to "go away". There are still underlying problems here that need to be addressed, or else these people are going to keep resurfacing every election until they finally ram a candidate through the election process. This is what concerns me more than anything when it comes to the Trump campaign. Everyone's biting their nails over what's going to happen if he wins, especially to women and minorities, but there are checks and balances in place to limit the amount of damage he can do on that front (although I do agree the idea of another conservative fundamentalist Christian as a supreme court justice leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth). What worries me is what happens if he doesn't win. Is the movement that's built up around him simply going to lose steam and evaporate into the political wind, or is it going to continue to grow, perhaps to a point where they could easily get a candidate of their choice elected in 2020? I can't see the former happening, now it's just a matter of figuring out what we can do to prevent the latter.

I think a nice place to start would be to stop generalizing his support base so much. As I've already said, some of them are racist, sexist, and just about every other nasty quality in the book, but many of them are not. Misguided? Maybe. But not as evil or hateful as a lot of people seem to think. Generalizing them as so only leads to them feeling further marginalized (and don't give me any BS about the irony of white men feeling marginalized please), which is only going to exacerbate the problem. Saying things like "Trump supporters hate minorities" is only going to make the problem worse in the long run, so you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
They might not be overtly racist, but they support racist systems and attitudes. They support people who take advantage of that, and what can be done outside of making sure those people don't get elected?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
They might not be overtly racist, but they support racist systems and attitudes. They support people who take advantage of that, and what can be done outside of making sure those people don't get elected?

Do you really think it's that simple? You're facing a swelling political movement here that has the potential to turn the entire American political system right on its head, and disregarding it and calling its adherents names is essentially the equivalent of curling into the fetal position and hoping the scary monsters go away. This is not a movement that is likely to dissipate on its own, and ignoring it and allowing it to gain more political traction is a very dangerous idea. What happens when you can't make sure those people don't get elected anymore? The fact that a clown like Trump managed to get as far as he has using their support is proof alone that this movement has a lot more power than anyone realized.

Navin

MALDREAD
Even if Clinton wins, Trump's support base isn't simply going to "go away". There are still underlying problems here that need to be addressed, or else these people are going to keep resurfacing every election until they finally ram a candidate through the election process. This is what concerns me more than anything when it comes to the Trump campaign. Everyone's biting their nails over what's going to happen if he wins, especially to women and minorities, but there are checks and balances in place to limit the amount of damage he can do on that front (although I do agree the idea of another conservative fundamentalist Christian as a supreme court justice leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth). What worries me is what happens if he doesn't win. Is the movement that's built up around him simply going to lose steam and evaporate into the political wind, or is it going to continue to grow, perhaps to a point where they could easily get a candidate of their choice elected in 2020? I can't see the former happening, now it's just a matter of figuring out what we can do to prevent the latter.

I think a nice place to start would be to stop generalizing his support base so much. As I've already said, some of them are racist, sexist, and just about every other nasty quality in the book, but many of them are not. Misguided? Maybe. But not as evil or hateful as a lot of people seem to think. Generalizing them as so only leads to them feeling further marginalized (and don't give me any BS about the irony of white men feeling marginalized please), which is only going to exacerbate the problem. Saying things like "Trump supporters hate minorities" is only going to make the problem worse in the long run, so you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it.

Trying to improve life and opportunity in rural America is the solution. Education is key, which is a reason for affordable college. A lot of jobs back in the day are gone, and the best jobs nowadays require a degree.

Obviously improving the ACA to be more affordable, curbing illegal immigration to at least eliminate the illusion of 'stealing jobs, paying no taxes', and working a budget over Social Security and Medicare and the national debt for their financial futures are all issues that can help reduce that angry sentiment.

bobjr

Staff member
Things that swell eventually burst. This was their big movement. They won't go away but Trump losing puts a huge dent in their sails, and a good number will give up.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Trying to improve life and opportunity in rural America is the solution. Education is key, which is a reason for affordable college. A lot of jobs back in the day are gone, and the best jobs nowadays require a degree.

This is a lot easier said than done, especially when the states have the power to choose how much funding goes into education. For example, in Kansas, Sam Brownback's education plan, that the state congress pushed through with ease, was called unconstitutional by the state's supreme court. Instead of putting a different plan through that would be considered constitutional, the legislature threatened to pen a bill that would defund the supreme court. If you are going to improve education in rural areas, there needs to be some kind of federal mandate that sets a certain standard for education funding.

Navin

MALDREAD
This is a lot easier said than done, especially when the states have the power to choose how much funding goes into education. For example, in Kansas, Sam Brownback's education plan, that the state congress pushed through with ease, was called unconstitutional by the state's supreme court. Instead of putting a different plan through that would be considered constitutional, the legislature threatened to pen a bill that would defund the supreme court. If you are going to improve education in rural areas, there needs to be some kind of federal mandate that sets a certain standard for education funding.

I never said it was easy, but education is key. Making trade school or public colleges close to being free for those making under $100k might help - if that's what the Sanders-influenced Clinton plan ends up being.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Trump got as far as he did because people treated him like a meme from the outset of the campaign, rather than taking a deliberate effort at evaluating his campaign and criticizing it appropriately from Day 1. When memes are made, they spread and no one forgets them if they're allowed to fester. Trump is no different.

The Republican primary opposition also didn't help anti-Trumpers. You can't really go out and say that "government will do its job, Trump's just blowing smoke" when the two kings of the current GOP movement are Rubio, a man who took god knows how many days away from the Senate for god knows what, and Ted Cruz, who shut the government down in 2013 and wanted to do it again a year later because the baby didn't get his bottle.

The immaturity of the people to ignorantly cast him aside and the utter incompetence of the current GOP helped propel Trump up, it certainly wasn't his policies. He was treated as an underdog from day 1, and for a conservatively electorate who believes everyone and their grandmother's teapot is out to get them, and for an electorate who thinks a government will turn into the Dark galactic empire or the damn Shin-ra corporation from Midgar if it gets anything resembling a semblance of a hint of power, rallying behind an underdog is a no-brainer.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I never said it was easy, but education is key. Making public colleges close to being free for those making under $100k might help - if that's what the Sanders-influenced Clinton plan ends up being.

Are you talking for families that make under that $100k? If you are, there is no way that it would work, as, and I am going to base this on rural Kansas, basically everyone would be going to college for free. And that isn't exaggerating.

bobjr

Staff member
We've had GOP politicians try and cut the 12th grade because it cost money.

chess-z

campy vampire
With Election Day looming like the moon in Majora's Mask, all I can say is that I am absolutely horrified. It shocks me to my core that people still are treating Hillary and Donald as equals. I don't want to live in this country if that over-tanned causally racist, misogynistic, two faced, lying, populistic strongman is elected. The only possible silver lining I can see is that he exposed exactly how awful the Grand Old Party has allowed itself to become. But even then, that they feel comfortable spouting their vile rhetoric in this day and age almost makes me vomit. My disgust is absolute.

Mordent99

Banned
Look, this will be my last comment until this is over.

To anyone who actually thinks the decision is between the lesser evil, fine. Write someone in. Write in McCain, write in Romney, or write in Gore, if you want. Hell, write in ME if you have to (not like that will count any more than the other three) but the absolute worst decision you can make is to not vote at all.

Cause if you don't vote, you aren't allowed to complain.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Look, this will be my last comment until this is over.

To anyone who actually thinks the decision is between the lesser evil, fine. Write someone in. Write in McCain, write in Romney, or write in Gore, if you want. Hell, write in ME if you have to (not like that will count any more than the other three) but the absolute worst decision you can make is to not vote at all.

Write in Vermin supreme.

Navin

MALDREAD
And so now it begins...

[IMG300]https://66.media.tumblr.com/983d6f23f7d19d4b067f915766d6e313/tumblr_o6j3u89NTn1qmoy4io2_250.gif[/IMG300]

Are you talking for families that make under that $100k? If you are, there is no way that it would work, as, and I am going to base this on rural Kansas, basically everyone would be going to college for free. And that isn't exaggerating.

Well it's on the Clinton website. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/college/

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven

Yes, you totally are allowed to complain even if you don't vote. And no one's there to stop you.

I don't know why people keep saying this, because it's outright silly. Having the right to vote includes being able to choose not to vote at all. No where it is written that you forfeit your right to question and criticize the system if you refuse to vote.

You're allowed to complain that the only candidates that stand any conceivable chance of winning are both scum and lack the integrity, leadership, and honesty to be the USA's next presidential leader. You can also refuse to vote basing that choice on your disgust that you either have to vote for one of them and essentially be in part responsible for all of their actions, or essentially throw your vote away on a party that realistically will not win by any odds.

Not voting (which is what I'm doing) can be done on the basis that it is your full and complete rejection of the only viable candidates and to express full dissatisfaction of the system that is in place.

No matter who wins tomorrow, do you think that's going to stop me from complaining and questioning leadership if I see said elected official partaking in activity that I feel is wrong, unprofessional, and dishonest? It certainly won't.