• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

ThePokemonmaster11

Look, I'm old enough to have heard all the crap about the "Mother of All Battles", the Y2K Bug, the Mayan Doomsday fiasco, about Nostradamus' "Angolmois" prediction, the Rapture, and more nutty conspiracy theories about zombies being real than you could shake a stick at.

Forgive me if I'm skeptical about apocalyptic predictions.

Never said you had to believe it Mordent, and honestly I don't blame you for being skeptical. If I wasn't a Christian and wasn't watching the news so heavily, I'd doubt it myself. I've always been taught in Christian circles that there will be a war called the war of Gog and Magog. In it the nations of the world will side against Israel, before literally invading Israel. It's why I'm speechless when it comes to the new UN resolution and the Paris conference.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I heard on the radio Twitter is looking for a way to ban Trump lol, that'd be awesome and probably the best thing

Mordent99

Banned
Never said you had to believe it Mordent, and honestly I don't blame you for being skeptical. If I wasn't a Christian and wasn't watching the news so heavily, I'd doubt it myself. I've always been taught in Christian circles that there will be a war called the war of Gog and Magog. In it the nations of the world will side against Israel, before literally invading Israel. It's why I'm speechless when it comes to the new UN resolution and the Paris conference.

Don't forget, Revelations says "the time is near", even though it was written two millennia ago.

And for the record, if it ever came down to every member of the UN declaring war on Israel, it would rate a one-day skirmish at best. Even without our help, a united Europe would have Jerusalem under their control in a manner of hours. The one reason Iran and it's allies haven't done so already is because we and Europe would retaliate.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
There's also been a noticeable financial aspect. There's even an app to see if your stocks involve what Trump is talking about, because they'll take a nose dive.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
There's also been a noticeable financial aspect. There's even an app to see if your stocks involve what Trump is talking about, because they'll take a nose dive.

Its like a lottery where everyone loses, lol.

They finally got some musicians to play the inauguration though, and from what various news sourcers are saying, it was quite a battle getting anyone to play.

Notably they have Tobi Keith and 3 doors down playing. I guess he is creating new jobs though, when was the last time 3 doors down booked a gig.

bobjr

Staff member
when was the last time 3 doors down booked a gig.

The 2012 RNC. It's when everyone took the "If I go crazy well will you still call me Superman" lyrics the wrong way like they usually do.

Nothing will top Republicans using Born in America unironically though.

Democrats are going to have to campaign hard if they want to fight back against Trump. They have way more seats to lose in 2 years. Unless Trump totally bombs in 2 years(which is bound to happen), Republicans own these 4 years.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
The 2012 RNC. It's when everyone took the "If I go crazy well will you still call me Superman" lyrics the wrong way like they usually do.

Nothing will top Republicans using Born in America unironically though.

I don't know, Trump using a queen song was pretty up there. Nothing says irony like a republican rally to the tune of a gay mans song.

Also 2012 rnc was now 4-5 years ago (depending on when in the year it was it was closer to one or the other). Somehow i doubt they paid 3 doors down enough to live well during the time in between those two gigs, especially given their habit for stiffing employees.

Mordent99

Banned
Democrats are going to have to campaign hard if they want to fight back against Trump. They have way more seats to lose in 2 years. Unless Trump totally bombs in 2 years(which is bound to happen), Republicans own these 4 years.

Shouldn't be hard. When a President has a church choir and a burlesque show as entertainment for his inauguration, he's not doing well.

He's going to find out the hard way that making promises with no intent to keep them won't end well.

Oh, and now he says his new healthcare plan will have "insurance for everyone". Yup, sure.

bobjr

Staff member
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Scalpers taking losses on tickets to Trump inauguration, as secondary market interest on the mogul’s swear-in wanes.

Rosenberg bought the pair of tickets on Craigslist from a "Second Amendment activist" in Katonah, N.Y., last week and immediately listed them on his Facebook account, as well as back on Craigslist.

But after receiving no interest, he visited a handful of white supremacist websites, including the Daily Stormer, where he posted listings for the tickets on the site's message boards.

Someone wants to be on the FBI watchlist.

chess-z

campy vampire
With the incoming administration looking to be the whitest and richest (ever?) in 8 years, I just wanna say, thanks Obama.

Mordent99

Banned
Oh, and Trump has just planned his first vacation weekend. He promises to actually start work on Monday.

In the meantime, in a case of "sure, like he'd actually DO it" that turned out bad, Mr. Obama has commuted Chelsea Manning's sentence.

So let's see now how much the GOP's holy font of information (I am speaking, of course, of Assange) is worth when it comes to promises.

Remix2

Great to see that Obama commute Chelsea manning because let be honest, someone who exposes war crimes should be treated as a hero not lock up for 35 years.

With the incoming administration looking to be the whitest and richest (ever?) in 8 years, I just wanna say, thanks Obama.

White supremacists are going to be committing crimes and Donald Trump is going to pardon them. And America will get another depression.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
White supremacists are going to be committing crimes and Donald Trump is going to pardon them. And America will get another depression.

it's like a last grab at politics from 100 yrs ago if you ask me. Very backwards looking committee in this day and age!

bobjr

Staff member
Anyone who saw Betsy DeVos's hearing and didn't come away with horror must not be human. The least bad thing is her brother is the head of Blackwater.

ThePokemonmaster11

Marc Lamont Hill called African Americans celebs that met with Trump "inferior negroes". Great to see Hill still has no idea what he's talking about and I love the racism in that remark. I'm assuming he has a problem with MLK III and Alveda King too then...

Last edited: