• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Bernie supporters were much more likely to go to Clinton than Clinton 08 supporters going to Obama. You just had that loud vocal minority.

The issue was the Hilary Clinton didn't bring overall people out like Obama did, Russian interference and other similar issues aside.

I really hope this doesn't take two years like Watergate.

Honestly nothing will happen unless 2018 is good to Dems because you think the GOP will do anything regardless of what happens?

Last edited:

Pikachu52

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-to-america-we-worship-god/

I know this is a bit of a nothing. Claiming "IN AMERICA WE DON'T WORSHIP GOVERNMENT - WE WORSHIP GOD!" is boilerplate Republican - it's the sort of thing Ted Cruz recites in his sleep. But it sounds just a little bit on the nose from a man who brags about committing adultery, is divorced and married three times, told a reporter he'd never asked for God's forgiveness, said his favourite bible verse was corinthians 2, made his money in gambling and once referred to communion as "having my little cracker."

The last time I heard Donald Trump say anything even remotely religious, he was telling the national prayer breakfast to pray for Arnold Schwarzenegger's TV ratings, and where he also said in front of religious leaders from 70 countries, "the hell with it!"

Heck, maybe one of the voices in his head told him he is a god - his rallies certainly a cult like quality to them. And maybe we should all be praying one of the other voices in his head doesn't start telling him that the one true God is Vladimir goddamned Putin.

And this comes after a tweet attacking Jeff Sessions, ONE OF HIS SYCOPHANTS, for not firing acting FBI director Andrew McCabe who he's accusing of essentially being bought off by Clinton.

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
Pikachu, what do you expect? The man's a lying hypocrite.

I said that from day ONE.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
which the available data suggested Sanders would do better. against Trump.

I agree with mostly everything you said but this isn't really anything concrete because:

1) Those polls were old. Like, really old. Neither had even won the primary yet.

2) This has a lot to do with Sanders' overall unknown history Republicans had yet to attack.

3) Most Bernie supporters had most in common with Trump supporters by being mostly white men, but that doesn't mean Bernie would have literally done better because his ability to turn out minorities was actually very poor.

4) Bernie lost to Clinton in every single swing state which is major in a general election.

tl;dr favorite polls aren't really true evidence for who would do better in a general election. A lot more factors come into play.

Also, I'm not trying to judge Bernie voters mentality or anything but it's a little hypocritical as the underdog candidate of "true genuineness" to tell people to vote for someone because they seem to have a better chance even if you actually like the other candidate better.

Like, I'd expect to hear that more from Clinton supporters.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Mordent99

Banned
I can't read it cuz they are anti adblock, can you give me a run down??

Ken Starr himself is telling Trump to stop it.

One after another, the staunchest Conservatives in the country are telling him "no more".

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Mitch McConnell is trying to cry but he can go fuck himself. This piece of shit would condemn millions to die if he wanted and he can't even get the "best" worst option to pass.

Edit: Get fucked you turtle faced bitch.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
John McCain finally emerges from his larval partisan form as a beautiful, graceful maverick

Blessed be thy moderates' betrayal

Mordent99

Banned
Bobjr, please, its bad enough we have a new White House communications director with a foul mouth.

As for McCain, maybe he figures that this will earn him a small bit of redemption before he meets his maker. I'm not one to judge. But I do hope there's a special place in Hell for McConnell and the others who would let children die for their pigheaded greed.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
John McCain, at the very best, yanked the chains of people who, due to economic position, are most subject to anxiety and would be most affected by the bill. He's no less of a piece of shit than usual.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
The fact that it even got to a position where Republican Senators were voting yes on a bill that they wanted to fail (or at least end up stuck in conference committee) is a farce. That's not how the system's supposed to work. That's just toxic levels of party loyalty, at this point. Every GOP congressperson not named Susan Collins or Lisa Murkowski pretty much just wants to say, "Hey, I tried to repeal Obamacare. It's not my fault."

How about saying, "I worked across the aisle and with health care experts to make something better to replace it," instead? Too much to ask for? Yeah, probably.

Navin

MALDREAD
McCain with that made-for-TV thumb drop "No" to screw over Trump and the other GOP piece of shits who voted "Yes" for that bill. I like it. Props to Senators Collins and Murkowski for not giving in to bullying and partisan politics.

I think they're going to get Trump. Republicans have signaled that they'll defect if he decides to fire Mueller or Jeff Sessions. He can fire them and see if he's successful at intimidating the Republican senators that threatened him or he can wait as Mueller gets closer and closer.

I just don't see him as having a lot of options right now. Perhaps the Republicans will protect him no matter what, that's always a possibility, but I think a lot of them are just waiting for the investigation to play out.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
I think they're going to get Trump. Republicans have signaled that they'll defect if he decides to fire Mueller or Jeff Sessions. He can fire them and see if he's successful at intimidating the Republican senators that threatened him or he can wait as Mueller gets closer and closer.

I just don't see him as having a lot of options right now. Perhaps the Republicans will protect him no matter what, that's always a possibility, but I think a lot of them are just waiting for the investigation to play out.

They're stuck. He might have lost the popular vote, but Trump beat all of them and did win the election. At the same time, he lost the popular vote and has record low approval ratings. Furthermore, he had the help of Russian hackers and paid trolls who influenced people with fake news and comments over the Internet.

If Trump falls, it'll screw the entire Republican party perception. They know as long as he's tweeting and signing off all of their bills, they can get their agenda through, no matter how morally depraved the man is in the White House. At the same time, some of these politicians have a conscience regarding Trump and Russian ties, and know this is the right course of action. Some might believe if they defect from Trump, they can claim their 'patriotism.'

Mordent99

Banned
"Get their agenda through"?

Maldred, Trump's behavior pretty much killed the biggest agenda they had, the one they've been working on seven years. it was the worst week any President in modern history has had. (And if they think tax reform will go through now, they're kidding themselves.)

Trump had become their albatross.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
The GOP could make better progress on their legislative agenda with Mike Pence at the helm. In fact, I think FiveThirtyEight pointed out that Pence's "social conservative bloc" has been the wing of the GOP that has seen the most success in Trump's first 6 months.

Mordent99

Banned
The GOP could make better progress on their legislative agenda with Mike Pence at the helm. In fact, I think FiveThirtyEight pointed out that Pence's "social conservative bloc" has been the wing of the GOP that has seen the most success in Trump's first 6 months.

I'd be certain of it. Pence has one big advantage that makes him preferable to Trump, he's sane

We just have to convince them that Trump has to go.