• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Looks like Bernie only won one state this last time around, it's not looking great tbh.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://interactives.ap.org/delegate-tracker/
Sanders have won the Marianas caucus, gaining 4 delegates, with Biden getting 2.

Bloomberg tracker is not yet updated, but remaining delegates from Mississippi have been awarded for Biden. Michigan has not allocated its last delegate.

Edit: Correction, forgot it was a caucus.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://www.postbulletin.com/news/e...cle_9b26ffee-6661-11ea-9bb9-87141eb1affc.html

Georgia primary is delayed to May 19th, matching Oregon and Kentucky primaries. This means the next delegate rich primary will be Wisconsin.

Edit: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/fed...-700-billion-quantitative-easing-program.html

Fed today cut rates from 1.25 to 0.25, and announced $700 billion quantitative easing program. Shanghai Stock Exchange has lost 98.17 points, making this closer to a depression than to a recession, though again, we are not that point yet and won't be until a few months around the end of the primary season.

Edit 2: Dow opened with 2250 points dropped, %9.71 in percentage. We will see if Trump will print more money for oil market (WTI crude is 28.63 right now).

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Wow the us economy is so fragile that not even throwing 1.5 trillion dollars didn’t save it form tanking.
that's what happens when you cut interest rates like you're in a recession when you're not in a recession. and when you're 23 trillion in debt. it's going to look bad but hopefully this gets people to open their eyes and get him out.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://twitter.com/AliceOllstein/status/1239626645260177411
Ohio gov will try to extend the voting period until June 2nd through a lawsuit.

Edit: Dow finishes the day with -2.9998.97 points lost and %12.93 in terms of percentage, making this the second largest percentage drop in American history, second only to the flash crash of 1987 (Black Monday).

This also puts USA in officially minor recession territory. We will wait Dow to drop to 15000 to call it a major recession, and beyond that to call it a depression.

Edit 2: Kentucky primary is rescheduled from May 19th to June 23rd. Puerto Rico primary is rescheduled from March 29th to April 26th. There are no major delegate allocation news, though Washington's process is closer to ending.

Edit 3:
Econ updates for 17th March:
*Philippines has decided to cut rates, release a 21 billion Phili peso to the market and close the market completely.
*Shanghai Stock Exchange lost 9 points, but it hasn't reached 5-year bottom yet.
*Dow futures have finally gone negative. Oil is still positive, but fairly low.

Edit 4: Dow futures have gone up a bit.

Edit 5: Maryland governor postponed primaries from April 28th to June 2nd.

Edit 6: https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1239919418144174088
Fed announces another 500 billion repo payment, totalling around 2.7 trillion payments (0.7 in QE, 2 trillion in repo).

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Ohio primary was rescheduled. Also, there's this article on the NY Times I just found today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/politics/mcconnell-judges-republicans.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

According to this article, Mitch McConnell is pressuring conservative judges across the country to retire this year so that Trump can nominate their replacements before the upcoming elections.
same dude who said Obama couldn't nominate a supreme court pick because it was an election year. I hope Kentucky voters remember this.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Looks like Biden took all three again. Damn, I mean I knew he would get Florida since Bernie shot himself in the foot there but the others are a surprise. Well maybe not Arizona since they are rather conservative.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Most notable victory today has not been Biden's victories, but Marie Newman winning the Illinois's 3rd district's primary against the infamous Dan Lapinski, a member of the conservative Blue Dog Coalition caucus.

Newman won this after challenging Lapinski previously in 2018.

It should also be noted that Illinois, like Michigan, has legalized weed, which is probably part of why the tide is changing there.

Edit:
Econ updates:
*Shanghai Stock Exchange lost another 50 points, but there is still a long way to bottom.
*WTI crude oil dropped to a historical low at 26 dollars per barrel.
*Dow Futures have plumetted and got stuck at 20000 points.

Edit 2:
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Current global corona cases have passed the 200000 mark and with 8000 deaths.

Edit 3:
https://europeanwesternbalkans.com/...-endorses-nato-membership-of-north-macedonia/
Yesterday, Spanish senate ratified Macedonia's accession to NATO, which has been signed by the King. Now we wait for to be deposited to US State Department.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Also Joe Biden has broken lifelong Dem voter brains. More people believe him over Bernie Sanders about cutting social security, when there is literally decades of videos for it.

If it was “well yeah but it’s not a factor” sure, but this is just a false belief you don’t want to ignore in a general, and this isn’t the only issue this will be a problem.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
WTI has dropped to aorund 24 per barrel, but Fed will keep 2 $500 billion repo operations per day for the rest of the week.

This means we have 3.2 trillion money spent by yesterday, 1.2 trillion stimulus, and 3 trillion daily cash bailout. This totals for 7.4 trillion cash spent by the end of this week (there was also 60 billion spent in the initial interest cut, and another 51 billion planned for air travel industry). This totals for the twice the annual healthcare costs for US, and about the same amount for Med4All, depending on the system.

This is also 6 times bigger than Bush-Obama bailout, which cost 1.2 trillion (498 for actual bailout, 787 billion for stimulus).

Edit: https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1240268484317249536
Sanders is planning to reassess his campaign, which means he is going to drop out, leaving the 2 OG candidates (Biden and Gabbard), latter of which has no chance of winning, obviously.

WTI crude has also dropped to $23 per barrel.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
https://www.axios.com/bernie-sander...ion-8d888649-55fb-4358-a6e6-cac09584bac8.html

This was known about an hour ago, but Sanders has suspended his Facebook ads.

Also, thanks to Trump's corona conference, WTI dropped to $22.25 per barrel. Dow is obviously at a new low.

The BernieBros better take this as a sign that it's slowly gonna be over, and that writing in Bernie or Voting 3rd-Party out of Francophonic Marxist Revolutionary White Bread Rage, philosophical purity and/or commitment statements won't help after the primary. Yeah, it sucks, but ragequitting because you're #orbust-ing it makes you equally as selfish as the people you rail against. You'd rather inflict Trump via crying, ragequitting or staying home than temporarily settling until at least SOME damage control has been done.

If #orbust means inflicting 4+ more years of President Trump on the world out of spite for people not accepting the word of their Lord and Savior Bernie Sanders and his prophet Alexandria Ostasio-Cortez, the second coming of Karl Marx and Fredrich Engels respectively, I'm not sympathetic to the Bros at all.

But no, M4A NOW, Student Debt Freedom NOW, Free money to pay MY bills NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Yeah, I'm calling the Bros BernieBrats who have no patience or empathy for anyone but themselves.

How TF is M4A going to get passed in Congress anyway? Just because Bernie, or, in the future, AOC says do it NOW, they're supposed to march off and do it? Enough Congresspeople don't need to fear being voted out over it to the point where there aren't enough active progressives in areas that matter that actually vote rather than mouthing off on social media endlessly(regardless of whether they are suppressed or not), and hurry up, sacrifice your ideological purity, dirty your criminal records,and stockpile Ar-15s(bought from local gangs out for survival, of course) and other assault weapons, if your revolution is ever going to happen. Peace isn't working? STOP BEING PEACEFUL, ABANDON YOUR BREAD AND CIRCUSES, AND GET ON WITH IT.

Because OK Boomering, waxing about guillotines, demanding submission to Bernie and AOC as saviors whether people want them or not, and promising free money from the government to pay bills like Matthew Lesko, isn't voting out Repubs.

Go ahead and Google Matthew Lesko. And compare that to Joe Schmoe McActuallyActiveinPolitics de BuMer la Boogeyman's way of hearing "free X from the government"'s interpretation of that kind of statement.

bobjr

Staff member
That attitude just gets people to stay home and not vote you know. You can only go “Better things aren’t possible” so long before people just turn off and need someone who truly speaks to them and for them to vote.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
That attitude just gets people to stay home and not vote you know. You can only go “Better things aren’t possible” so long before people just turn off and need someone who truly speaks to them and for them to vote.
DID I SAY BETTER THINGS AREN'T POSSIBLE? Did I defend Biden as a person?

NO.

You are BLATANTLY LYING about my position in order to feel like a better person than me because Bernie is your Jesus, rather than a politician.

I don't like Biden. I hate him. But the math doesn't lie. Bernie isn't winning. He can't win right now. He is "re-assessing" his campaign, which is code for being ready to call it quits. And Congress isn't going to do what Bernie wants right NOW(NOT FOREVER, RIGHT NOW).

Prove otherwise.

EDIT:This thread sums up my actual feelings
https://twitter.com/tonygoldmark/status/1240161464314253312?s=20

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
That’s what people see in the Dem establishment right now, and while they didn’t cheat they did come together at the right time to block out the most progressive voice with the most youth and independent support. And while Biden is still in the advantage they will need concessions to get that vote in November. People vote in their interests, and if they’re not interested why would they vote?

I will argue that if anyone here won’t vote Biden to please vote downticket at least, there’s always one local thing you can help, and local stuff often has just as much of an effect on you as national stuff.