• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
They wouldn’t because no one engineers a virus as a weapon like that because rule 1 is the virus hits you first. It’s basically a QAnon conspiracy backed up by China taking harsh measures to shut it down early, and now that those methods are working countries that don’t have it under control will look to blame someone else.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
They wouldn’t because no one engineers a virus as a weapon like that because rule 1 is the virus hits you first. It’s basically a QAnon conspiracy backed up by China taking harsh measures to shut it down early, and now that those methods are working countries that don’t have it under control will look to blame someone else.
even if it did turn out to be artificial a ~3.4% death rate that appears to be skewed towards older people while barely severely effecting children is a really bad biological weapon. it's like taking an elephant and calling it your tank while it only tramples people in the way. SARS was also horrible for CCP's public opinion in China due to the cover-up there and there's no way Xi would risk that again. The only reason it got this bad in the first place was western nations disregarding the WHO's advice.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
even if it did turn out to be artificial a ~3.4% death rate that appears to be skewed towards older people while barely severely effecting children is a really bad biological weapon. it's like taking an elephant and calling it your tank while it only tramples people in the way. SARS was also horrible for CCP's public opinion in China due to the cover-up there and there's no way Xi would risk that again. The only reason it got this bad in the first place was western nations disregarding the WHO's advice.
Correction:Neofascists dismissing inconvenient science as usual

Poke Trainer J

I think there's a much bigger concern about how the Stay-at-Home orders from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) could spark a shift towards totalitarian rule where our own governments become a threat to our freedom.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
It's a conspiracy theory to suggest that the Chinese Government deliberately created the virus, but it definitely shoulders the blame for the pandemic. It failed to shut down the wet markets that were already known sources of novel viruses such as SARS, silenced doctors and arrested journalists who tried to speak out, performed faulty tests that misled the WHO into stating that the virus does not transmit human-to-human (or lied about said tests) and continues to exert political pressure on the WHO to deny the independence of Taiwan. The Chinese Government is currently in the process of shipping out worse-than-useless medical kits across the world and lying about the numbers of new cases in China (I have a bridge to sell you if you if believe the claims that China has no new domestically-transferred cases that all new cases are only from foreign nationals).

We can only hope there will be a reckoning with the CCP once the crisis is over and we can only despair that it took a threat to the rest of the world, as opposed to the internment of the Uighurs, to bring it about.
"I'm not racist, but Fox News and Trump Cronies said..."
I think there's a much bigger concern about how the Stay-at-Home orders from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) could spark a shift towards totalitarian rule where our own governments become a threat to our freedom.
"I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but Trump Cronies and Fox News said..."

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It failed to shut down the wet markets that were already known sources of novel viruses such as SARS, silenced doctors and arrested journalists who tried to speak out, performed faulty tests that misled the WHO into stating that the virus does not transmit human-to-human (or lied about said tests) and continues to exert political pressure on the WHO to deny the independence of Taiwan.
And where did you get your facts about Taiwan? You are sorely incorrect when you say that Taiwan is independent. It actually isn’t. And that is factually the fault of the US’s handling the affairs of Taiwan after WWII. You see, Taiwan was going to hold a vote to see if the citizens wanted to become a part of China or become an independent nation after a Japan surrendered the island. But then General Mao took over China and people fled from the mainland and the US allowed those who fled sanctuary in Taiwan. So the vote never happened and from there the people who fled China had kids and soon no one knew who should vote and who should be considered to be citizens for the public election so it was never held and most likely never will be. Taiwan isn’t exactly independent nor is it a part of China. It’s stuck in this weird limbo thanks to the US. I should know. My family is from Taiwan and I have first hand accounts of Taiwan’s history.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
ApparentlyWest Virginia has also moved its primary to June 9th from May 12th. Other May 12th primary, Nebraska, has not been rescheduled.

Wisconsin is still April 7th.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Actually, what some of Wyndon suggests is true. China does share some culpability in relation to their poor regulation of wet markets.

Superstitious beliefs in chinese traditional medicine also played a part.
"AcTuAlLy, ThEy ArE nOt RaCiSt, LiKe Me, BeCaUsE rAcIsTs SaId..."

Are people not hearing themselves right now?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
From the government of Taiwan. 'The ROC is a sovereign and independent state that maintains its own national defense and conducts its own foreign affairs.' Regardless of the sovereignty dispute, the real issue for us here is that the WHO doesn't want to share lessons from Taiwan's own CV-19 policy for fear of treading on political toes.
Ok. One thing though, the US navy still has to patrol the waters surrounding Taiwan. So in a way the US is still sort of involved with Taiwanese politics but not that much. The military is actually more for show and have rarely gone into battle before, not even during the Vietnam War. My dad was in the Taiwanese mechanical department of the military during that war and he never saw any troops be sent out to help fight the North Vietnamese.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Nice rebuttal.

You literally just said "NUH UH RACISM"

Lmao. I swear you're a meme at this point.
Blaming Chinese people is blaming a race. Therefore racism.

Which part of the criticism of the Chinese Government is not accurate? I seem unable to post links at the moment but these are facts reported by the BBC; I've literally never watched Fox News. Didn't you see the Li Wenliang story?

Government-owned news agencies from a government run by known bigot Boris Johnson are unreliable. Also, the doctor who may have whistleblowed can neither be concretely verified as telling the truth(Being killed for speaking out against the government is not concrete proof, only circumstantial evidence muddied by bias and racism fueled by US propaganda), as there is still a chance he was trolling or making them look bad as a final "f**k you"(why kill only him and not the others all in one move, for example?)), nor is there any evidence that the virus was endemic to China, and even in that case, nature, not people, is to blame.

Last edited:
Uh

If I said China doesn't regulate their markets properly because they're yellow chinks, that would be racism. You're attributing behavior to the color of their skin. No such thing is happening here, we're criticizing the customs/policies of a demographic that happens to be Chinese.

If I were to say Americans play a large role in global warming by consuming more energy and leaving a larger carbon foot print than their European counter parts, you wouldn't be saying anything

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
[
Uh

If I said China doesn't regulate their markets properly because they're yellow chinks, that would be racism. You're attributing behavior to the color of their skin. No such thing is happening here, we're criticizing the customs/policies of a demographic that happens to be Chinese.

If I were to say Americans play a large role in global warming by consuming more energy and leaving a larger carbon foot print than their European counter parts, you wouldn't be saying anything

Are Americans 1-3 semi-homogenized subraces? Are they one or 2 skin colors with a plentitude of shades of such or have one government party allowed? Were Americans ever dehumanized, "processed", segregated, imprisoned and oppressed as immigrants to China for their skin colors, religious beliefs and proximity to wealthy Chinese neighborhoods? Is there an American themed equivalent of Fu Manchu, Mandarin, Yellow Claw, Ming the Merciless, the Seng Brotherhood or other "Yellow Peril" characters? Did we buy China's debt, leading to them being our government and billionaires' creditors? Is there an equivalent of "Ch**k" in Simplified Chinese that anybody finds racist over here?

There's a LOT of context you are leaving out here. Just because a Nazi isn't goosestepping doesn't make them not a Nazi(Not to imply that you are, merely showing the fallacy of "gotta be overt and stereotypical to be X-type of hatemonger"). Likewise, people afraid of Chinese people don't tend to do the equivalent of such goosestepping.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
No one here I've seen has referenced 'Chinese people'. The criticism has very specifically been of the Chinese Government/CCP.

The doctor who died serving patients and attempting to warn the world - completely accurately - about the threat of CV-19, was just trolling? You should re-evaluate.

Uighurs are, the Falun Gong also have their organs harvested.
1. Are the Chinese Government not people?
2. Circumstantial evidence does not convict inherently, except at a biased trial. Since you are throwing the basis for an International Criminal Court trial out, you must have such. If not, please proceed to the second window.
3. You KNOW that I was referring to cyclical American Racism towards Chinese people on US soil here not having equivalents done to Americans in China. Stop scrambling context and lying about my intent.

If you blame the CHINESE anything, you're blaming a race. You're attributing being CHINESE to it. Not the failure of ALL cryptofascist governments to prepare for potential pandemics, not fake news and trolls for disinforming people for years, no, the CHINESE people are to blame for EVERYTHING because CHINA is supposedly where the virus is from(No proof its endemic to anywhere), CHINA makes equipment, CHINA killed a person, CHINA owns our debt, CHINA is an old fored enemy by proxy to Russia, Trump hates CHINA, CHINA, CHINA, CHINA.

Stop blaming CHINA and CHINESE people. It is NOT the FAULT of the BUGBEARS you're REDUCED them to.

It is the fault of EVERYONE. EVERYONE had a part in this. NOT JUST CHINA AND CHINESE PEOPLE.

Stop blaming ONE party. ONE body. And do not reduce them to bugbears and thus justify fascist(crypto, neo or otherwise) bigots like the leaders of the US, Russia, the UK, and Hungary.

By blaming CHINA and CHINESE everything rather than considering EVERYBODY'S role in this, you are being racist. End of story.

Except no one said it was *just* China that contributed, we just pointed out that they did, and you're losing your mind.

By the way, simply because the Chinese have faced more discrimination historically than Americans doesn't make the analogy inaccurate. Whether or not speaking the reality of Chinese people/Chinese government contributing to thr out break of the virus via poor regulation and superstition possibly fuels xenophobic sentiments doesn't make that any less true.

You're trying to say it isn't true because they're a more vulnerable group and it doesn't work like that.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Except no one said it was *just* China that contributed, we just pointed out that they did, and you're losing your mind.

By the way, simply because the Chinese have faced more discrimination historically than Americans doesn't make the analogy inaccurate. Whether or not speaking the reality of Chinese people/Chinese government contributing to thr out break of the virus via poor regulation and superstition possibly fuels xenophobic sentiments doesn't make that any less true.

You're trying to say it isn't true because they're a more vulnerable group and it doesn't work like that.
The idea that is being suggested that the (PURPORTED) INCOMPETENCE(Poor regulation) and ABNORMALITY(Religious medicine that doesn't get a pass but exorcism and homeopathic remedies do) of Chinese people being blamed, is blaming their IDENTITY, and thus primarily blaming them on the grounds that they are THEM and are thus OTHERED.

You have pretty much othered and declared China and Chinese people your enemy on the grounds of their identity and them being a scapegoat for your own and others' inability to cope with what's happening, emotionally and fiscally, like how Germans justified the Nazis and the Holocaust. You are being bigoted. Kindly cease.

It's only because this event, which could have happened ANYWHERE AS FAR AS WE KNOW, started in a country with a heavy history of having long suffered Western bigotry in the name of the rich, and is a creditor of the wealthy and many Western Governments, has been labeled as "THE OTHER'S FAULT" You know well that others would blame the US if it were the "Walla-Walla/Trump/American" Virus, or we'd call it the "Brit/Redcoat/Boris virus" if it happened in the UK, or any number of other scapegoating of any other places and people. That's why blame should not be ascribed to a people, an individual or a country, because it others them from the rest of humanity...

But this isn't just a virus that resulted in scapegoating and bigotry...

This didn't start in China. This started LONG before. It''s more than a virus:It's a cascade failure of neofascism and late-stage crony capitalism, facilitated by a pandemic.

So stop, for the love of Cthulhu, STOP making it China's fault, primarily or otherwise. It's not their fault primarily or exclusively. Everyone on Earth contributed to this in some form or another. So everyone should share the blame equally as not to other one or more group and thus be bigots.

Uh, you literally just flat out ignored the part where I said we aren't saying China played the only role. America played a large role by completely ignoring the precautions laid out by the WHO.

Something being a part of your "identity" doesn't make it immune from criticism, nor is that criticism bigoted or racist. You can attach lots of harmful beliefs/practices to your identity.

Posts like yours are what remind people that there is still is an air headed regressive left that actually exists beyond Sam Harris's imagination.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I really hate to get into the conversation, but...

cdc.gov said:
Early on, many of the patients at the epicenter of the outbreak in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China had some link to a large seafood and live animal market, suggesting animal-to-person spread. Later, a growing number of patients reportedly did not have exposure to animal markets, indicating person-to-person spread.

It's not scientically unheard of to link a disease to an ethnicity, culture, or practice (or a combination).

It's like saying that a lot of people in sub-Saharan Africa have sickle cell anemia, which is true.