• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
That would be an understatement. Saw pro Kamala post via Twitter but right underneath it was someone who wanted some asprin due to it. I wish them luck finding any real common ground there past getting Trump out of office.
To quote Darth Traya "To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best"

There is a reason why the Nationalist-led factions defeated the Republican-"led" factions during the Spanish Civil War. The Republicans-led factions couldn't stop shooting at each other over petty disagreements that it led to a fascist dictatorship won the day.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yea, but Dems aren't doing themselves any favors going with Kamala. It'll be an uphill battle.

I'm actually not that fussed regarding Kamala. Yes, her record as a prosecutor is abhorrent and shouldn't be ignored, but people forget that she supports M4A and a green new deal which is to the left of most democrats. Since we all knew we weren't getting a progressive like Sanders, Kamala was the best the left was ever going to get. I'm just happy he didn't choose Susan Rice, to be completely honest.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Marjorie Taylor Green, an open QAnon conspiracy theorist who has made frequent racist, Islamophobic, anti-Semitic, etc. remarks, has overwhelmingly won her primary in Georgia tonight. Her district is one of the reddest in the country, so she is guaranteed a spot in Congress next year.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
One major upside for me re: Kamala is that the open senate seat could, hopefully, be filled with someone with a much less nasty record who also believes in a lot of the same things that Kamala does that are good. Y'know, in theory.

I don't really think she's the worst thing ever, but rather that there's upsides and downsides, as there would be with any other choice. Technically speaking, he could have picked Pete Buttigieg. Because that's what discourse would have needed, right?

Litleonid

Kamala having support of stuff such as M4A and the Green New Deal is good, but we can't ignore her past records on crime. I'm hoping now that she's on the ticket she'll reevaluate herself on her past record. We know its gonna be a major talking point among Democrats in regards to her as VP. Its something Pence might even go after, though I think we all know she's going to destroy him in the VP debate.

Vernikova

Champion
Kamala having support of stuff such as M4A
Her support of it has been very weak, and she flip-flopped on the issue. She is just another establishment candidate, which is why Hollywood and corporate America are currently celebrating her nomination. This is clearly another example of how the progressive left is failing to utilize any of its power into drawing out concessions from Biden, which we can see from Warren's ineffective pandering, Sanders's falling in line, and even AOC not working Biden enough to earn her vote.

They're all bending the knee to Biden and the establishment, and when the leaders of a movement do that, how can people expect the establishment to take them seriously in regards to their platforms? It can't be done.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yep.

Lawrence O'Donnell put it right out there in terms of what congress people thought about other people.

Vernikova

Champion
Exactly. And it's all the worse when it's the movement's leaders falling in line.

It's good the grassroots movements are coming up, with competitors making closes races and even supplanting incumbents, but it's still important to pressure at the top of the party since the executive is the most far-reaching figure for the public. Some people don't know who their senators are, but we all know who the president is.

Well, to be fair that ship has kind of sailed. The one real opportunity the left had to get real concessions from Biden was before Sanders had endorsed him. If he refused to unless policy concessions were made, that would be a reasonable play. But he rolled over immediately instead, so it's too little, too late now.

All I'm saying is to look at Kamala with perspective. We have no united front to force a truly progressive VP. Shes currently ranked as the senator with the most liberal voting record. In comparison to every other establishment candidate Biden could choose from, she was the farthest left we were getting. She's also currently aligning herself Sanders and Markey in sponsoring the 2000 dollar a month Covid bill.

Realistically speaking she likely still believes in M4A but let's be serious, she's not as honest as Sanders so we have to play the guessing game with her a bit. She called Biden out for his segregationist policies but now wants to be his VP and says he's not racist, is that hypocricy?

Maybe. My guess is she still believes he's a racist but figured that accepting a position where she's likely to be handed over most of the levers of power is worth appearing contradictory. I try to apply the same logic when it comes to positions wavering on policy.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And that ranking is full of hot air. Checked it out and there was nothing backing it (meaning via the site, that is). She can say she's for what you mentioned, but that holds no water, since she seems to move around on issues a lot. Whatever will win her votes.

As for the guessing game, it's pathetic that we are in that position where that is an option.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
https://twitter.com/HootHootBerns/status/1293488536788840449?s=20

If Biden is alive we ain’t getting M4A or a Green New Deal
I have a few words I'd like to say to him. Along with his corporate bosses. I hope they all rot in hell.

This kind of callus response from him will bite him in the butt, especially in the middle of a pandemic. People are suffering, can't afford healthcare or be able to pay for it, and he doesn't give a remote damn.

Only chance we have is if Harris can move him over, but given his obstinacy with this issue, we have a better chance of hell freezing over.

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-har...-sanders-senate-record-analysis-shows-1524481

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/report-cards/2018/senate/ideology

It explains their methodology and how they assign rankings, I'm not entirely sure what you mean? While she may have "flip flopped" on M4A she hasn't ever taken action to defeat it, but did co sponsor Sanders M4A bill. Do with that what you will.

Thanks.

Meaning she's for M4A one minute and against it the next. Same issue I had with Warren there for what it's worth.