• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Litleonid

Let's hope not. We can't afford 4 more years of Trump. This is really bad though. Just when this year can't get any worse, he now has the chance to utterly cheat this election with a highly corrupt attorney general and a 6-3 Supreme Court majority if Democrats can't stop Mitch McConnell.

Litleonid

And just when I woke up today with hope after seeing this artice. Democrats have had a massive turnout compared to Republicans in early voting, and in Pennsylvania, 175,000 Democrats who did not vote in 2016 have requested mail-in ballots.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/10/democrats-early-voting-lead-412106

I wake up with hope, only for 2020 to rear its ugly head and deliver yet another punch to the gut with Rith Bader Ginsberg's death and knowing it gives Trump a chance to cheat this election. I hate this year so much. It feels like this year is working against us at every turn.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Now we wait for Stephen Breyer to pass away so Trump can get a 7-2 majority.

Edit: For a bit more context, since RBG and filibuster are both dead, there is nothing legally stopping Trump from nominating another judge. Democrats cannot afford to play obstructionist either, and thus main argument for electing Biden is dead forever.

With the nomination of a new judge, Trump will be able to renew moderate Republican support to get back to %46 and decrease Biden to %48, effectively granting Trump a possible electoral college yet again.

Even if he loses, Trump can contest the election to ensure he is selected to presidency regardless.

Don't start me on term limits either.

Last edited:

Litleonid

Everytime I get a little hope that Biden can win, 2020 just likes to crush those hopes. Trump's been losing moderate Republicans because of how he's handled the pandemic and his behavior, but this is not good if he is able to get another conservative justice in if it can win back support from the Republicans he's lost.

Ascended Dialga

Based on polling data and recent trends, I've made a list of the 10 upcoming battleground states that voted for Trump in 2016 in order of their likelihood of voting for Biden this year:

1. Michigan (most likely)
  2. Pennsylvania
  3. Wisconsin
  4. Florida
  5. Arizona
  6. North Carolina
  7. Georgia
  8. Ohio
  9. Iowa
  10. Texas (least likely)

Litleonid

Apparently, someone tried to kill Trump using ricin in a letter addressed to him.
Oddly, it seems to have come from Canada.

Also, knowing this horrid year and how unforgiving its been, its probably gonna throw every worst case scenario at us for the rest of 2020.

-Mitch McConnell gets to force a vote for another conservative justice and they get confirmed on a Pence tie beeaker vote.
-The Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is deemed unsafe and we're stuck waiting for a vaccine.
-COVID-19 cases spike back to New York in April levels.
-Another stay at home lockdown is ordered.
-The Affordable Care Act and Roe v. Wade gets struck down.
-The 2020 Election comes down to one state and despite Biden having more votes, mail in ballots will be ordered to stop being counted and Trump steals the election.
-Republicans keep their majority in the senate and regain the house.

I PRAY I will be wrong and we can walk out of 2020 with Biden as president elect and a vaccine ready, but this year has been so insistent on delivering punch after punch to the gut.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Keep in mind that both the CDC chair and Fauci says that "normal life" in the US probably won't come until late 2021.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
He really is. And he is just trying to stir up his base.

Now we wait for Stephen Breyer to pass away so Trump can get a 7-2 majority.

Edit: For a bit more context, since RBG and filibuster are both dead, there is nothing legally stopping Trump from nominating another judge. Democrats cannot afford to play obstructionist either, and thus main argument for electing Biden is dead forever.

With the nomination of a new judge, Trump will be able to renew moderate Republican support to get back to %46 and decrease Biden to %48, effectively granting Trump a possible electoral college yet again.

Even if he loses, Trump can contest the election to ensure he is selected to presidency regardless.

Don't start me on term limits either.

RBG was never the main argument, voting out not just Trump, but his administration, is. If Biden wins, we can actually restore heads of government that aren't trying to dismantle the agencies they are in charge of.

Mike Pompeo and his Christian apocalypse, gone. Betsy Devos robbing public schools, gone. Ben Carson who believes poverty is an "attitude problem" gone. The climate deniers in charge of the EPA, gone. The death of RBG is going to scare fence sitting liberals who may not have voted into doing so or at least donating, evidenced by the party raising 70 million dollars right after RBG's death.

The democrats are also projected to gain seats to at least a 50/50 tie, being conservative. A Biden win could possibly push Democrats over the edge and take back the senate. If they confirm a justice, we pack the courts. And don't anyone dare suggest we don't on the basis of the courts "integrity" or "independence", it lost that a long time ago.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
If they confirm a justice, we pack the courts. And don't anyone dare suggest we don't on the basis of the courts "integrity" or "independence", it lost that a long time ago.

Speaking of court-packing, I think that, if* the Democrats win, they should see about expanding the judiciary as well.

*I want it to be a "when," too, but unfortunately, I don't think that's the case right now.

Absolutely.

Statehood for D.C. and Peurto, then abolish the electoral college as well. The Republicans will never hold power again. We have to ditch the concept of forbearance if we want to be competitive.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oddly, it seems to have come from Canada.

Also, knowing this horrid year and how unforgiving its been, its probably gonna throw every worst case scenario at us for the rest of 2020.

-Mitch McConnell gets to force a vote for another conservative justice and they get confirmed on a Pence tie beeaker vote.
-The Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is deemed unsafe and we're stuck waiting for a vaccine.
-COVID-19 cases spike back to New York in April levels.
-Another stay at home lockdown is ordered.
-The Affordable Care Act and Roe v. Wade gets struck down.
-The 2020 Election comes down to one state and despite Biden having more votes, mail in ballots will be ordered to stop being counted and Trump steals the election.
-Republicans keep their majority in the senate and regain the house.

I PRAY I will be wrong and we can walk out of 2020 with Biden as president elect and a vaccine ready, but this year has been so insistent on delivering punch after punch to the gut.
I told you a page back lol, Canada is not happy with Trump or the US right now. We are all watching from up here thinking like "what are you guys doing? we will just take care of this problem for you" lololol

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Betsy Devos is coming under fire for violating the Hatch Act for promoting Trump during Fox News.

(What do you mean Trump violated that too during the RNP? You ain't got no proof!)

Senator Mitt Romney won't block Trump's vote on SCOTUS nominee because he's following the law. BTW, he's a Republican. Tooooooooootally not related. No siree.

Last edited: