• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Litleonid

So, chances Trump is gonna lose?

We all remember how 2016 turned out...Hillary was leading in the polls through October, then the Comey reopened the investigation into her emails and things went downhill. Many were very angry with how the DNC handled Bernie Sanders. Nobody thought Trump could possibly win, though some spoke of a surprise win, and it happened.

Here we are in 2020. Trump has earned his place in history as the most hated president in modern American history. He's had a number of scandals plaguing his administration. He's lost support due to his handling of COVID-19, BLM, and other things. Biden, like Hillary, is polling well, though he doesn't have any major investigations at the center of the debates. People have had enough and they're more determined to get out and vote to end Trump's presidency.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Hillary's lead on election day was only 3 points, and that's how much she won by.

A key thing this election is there are way less undecided voters. 2016 we had a lot of Hillary 41, Trump 38 type polls, and that leaves a lot of undecided voters who went Trump. This election Biden is up by 10 points consistently, with over 50% as well.

But even the Trump campaign seems to be focusing on "How can the courts give us the election when we lose the vote".

KillerDraco

So, chances Trump is gonna lose?

We all remember how 2016 turned out...Hillary was leading in the polls through October, then the Comey reopened the investigation into her emails and things went downhill. Many were very angry with how the DNC handled Bernie Sanders. Nobody thought Trump could possibly win, though some spoke of a surprise win, and it happened.

Here we are in 2020. Trump has earned his place in history as the most hated president in modern American history. He's had a number of scandals plaguing his administration. He's lost support due to his handling of COVID-19, BLM, and other things. Biden, like Hillary, is polling well, though he doesn't have any major investigations at the center of the debates. People have had enough and they're more determined to get out and vote to end Trump's presidency.

Best bet is to ignore the polls and vote anyway, and encourage everyone else to vote. 2016 went the way it did because people were so sure the polls would be correct and Trump would lose, but when push came to shove, you had so many people who either didn't vote, or threw away their vote with a third party or joke write-in.

If 2020 is to not be a repeat of 2016, people also need to let go of the idea of ideological purity. In 2016 you saw a lot of the non-voters/throwaway-voters doing so because they didn't like either candidate. In reality, you're probably not ever going to have a candidate whose policies 100% match up with your own, but this also doesn't mean that both candidates are equally bad. Biden's not the first choice for a lot of people (myself included), but he's absolutely a better choice than Trump. I know it leaves a sour taste in one's mouth to have to vote for the lesser of two evils, but the reality is that any vote that isn't for Biden helps Trump. The one thing you can always count on with conservatives if they will always have a high turnout for voting, so if you're serious about wanting him out of office, then actually voting is more important than ever.

A good way to think of it is that casting a vote for a candidate isn't like a marriage, but rather, like selecting a bus. You're not voting for the one perfect match to commit the rest of your life to, you're picking the one that will get you closest to where you want to go.

So don't think of "What are the chances" when it comes to an election. Think of "I will do what I can to make sure this happens", because if you get too complacent because of the polls, then we may see a repeat of 2016.

...Although of course we're all bracing for whatever constitutional crisis we may have after if Trump really does fail to accept the results of the election, especially since the scheme seems to be related to packing the Supreme Court with Trump Bootlickers.

PoDiRancher

Those are some good points. I understand the logic behind voting for the lesser of two evils, and I think that's probably the most logical decision, but I can't personally bring myself to vote for either candidate. Trump's proven himself incapable of properly handling a seriously dangerous situation such as a pandemic, so who knows how poorly he'd handle another one, or perhaps worse--a war. He also broke many promises, so who would vote for him again? Then there's Biden, crippled with dementia, a massive corruption scandal erupting around him (despite social media's efforts to stifle it), and his generally problematic behavior (sniffing and kissing at young girls, sexual harassment accusations, etc)...

It's kind of ridiculous that Kanye West was the best person running for office, the film Idiocracy was truly prophetic.

KillerDraco

It's kind of ridiculous that Kanye West was the best person running for office, the film Idiocracy was truly prophetic.

No, he really wasn't. If Trump has taught us anything, it's that it's a bad idea to put a celebrity with zero political experience in a position of power.

Reminder that Kanye is a Trump supporter and his "running" is nothing more than an attempt to split the vote to benefit Trump.

PoDiRancher

No, he really wasn't. If Trump has taught us anything, it's that it's a bad idea to put a celebrity with zero political experience in a position of power.

Reminder that Kanye is a Trump supporter and his "running" is nothing more than an attempt to split the vote to benefit Trump.

Trump didn't do badly until 2020, then he fell apart when tested. The year threw a lot at him and he failed, and there should be no second chances with a job of this magnitude. Anyway, political experience doesn't necessarily translate to anything if you're corrupt, and I don't think West would be anything but a well intentioned leader. However, you know what they say about good intentions, and I'm definitely not saying he'd necessarily be great... I just think it speaks volumes that he's better than the two "real" options.

I don't care if he's a Trump supporter or not (he's been inconsistent in this regard btw), his views are all great. A strong supporter of traditional values, black rights, and against war, sounds great. I just don't think he's emotionally stable. Intelligent and creative surely, but he makes Trump seem mature by comparison, which is no small feat. Definitely not level headed enough to lead our great country, but I think with a good team supporting him we'd survive four years if he somehow got in, and we'd definitely have no scandals unlike Trump and Biden. I think everyone is underestimating him a bit because he's "just a celebrity".

Oh, sure. Place a bipolar person to have the nuclear codes. That sure will end well for his musical rivals...and the unlucky people within the blast radius.

We've had that for four years already, haha.

bobjr

Staff member
Kanye “Slaves were there by choice” West.

Also I’d argue Trump failed when he tried to really kill healthcare, but that’ll likely happen in the next few months.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Honestly if Trump wins again, I don't think Canada will be reopening it's borders for a VERY long time now. There is already a huge amount of people up here who would love if we closed it indefinitely. There's also a growing number of people viewing the US as our enemy.

PoDiRancher

Honestly if Trump wins again, I don't think Canada will be reopening it's borders for a VERY long time now. There is already a huge amount of people up here who would love if we closed it indefinitely. There's also a growing number of people viewing the US as our enemy.

Wait, I thought closing your borders was bad? Isn't that something Trump is criticized for...and they'll do it if...if he wins?
Kanye “Slaves were there by choice” West.

Also I’d argue Trump failed when he tried to really kill healthcare, but that’ll likely happen in the next few months.

We can quote all kinds of dumb stuff by each one of them if we really want to and end up nowhere. For example:

Joe "If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black" Biden
Joe "You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent" Biden
Joe "You got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" Biden

There's too many to count from Trump, here's a list of his worst and most disturbing.

bobjr

Staff member
I mean I’m in this thread saying how bad Biden will be overall but harm reduction is still a thing. But Kayne is literally an astroturf by the Trump campaign that was so obvious they couldn’t even get real signatures and got kicked off several states for it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Wait, I thought closing your borders was bad? Isn't that something Trump is criticized for...and they'll do it if...if he wins?
No no, we want our borders closed due to COVID and the lack of policy in the states. Canada keeps closing the borders and Trump is trying to open them which a majority of Canada does not want, just the wealthy and COVID deniers are against border closures. But I have a feeling that we would open them sooner if Biden wins.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The world pretty much is looking confused as to why America is such a hellhole and not a role model anymore. It's no surprise it's because of Trump.

Even Putin doesn't want to support Trump anymore.

Europe here, can confirm America has been viewed in a fairly negative light over here since Obama's second term. Trump may not have helped, but you weren't exactly super popular before he came around either.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Wow. What did Obama do in his second term to be looked in a negative light outside the world?

Iraq.

Though I wasn't really trying to point fingers at Obama specifically here, just pinpointing the specific time period. The world's general opinion towards America as a whole had taken a pretty sharp turn towards the negative a couple years BEFORE the 2016 election (also Trump losing that election would not have helped a whole lot, since Hillary wasn't particularly popular either. But the general opinion of the president and the general opinion of the country isn't all THAT connected, Obama was for the most part liked a lot better than George W Bush)