• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Litleonid

So far, things do seem good for Biden. No last minute scandals or anything. The race hasn't been tightening up that much according to fivethirtyeight, and even with the margin of error from 2016, Biden is still in a good position. I'm still just extremely worried after what happened in 2016, but let's hope this will be the end of the nightmare.

I do think we're very likely to take the senate also, though I doubt we'll get to boot out Mitch McConnel. If we can retake the senate though, he'll have absolutely no power.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Sadly, I don't think Mitch McConnell will be kicked out of office. My hopes would be higher if it was Charles Booker going against him and not Amy McGrath, but you know how it goes.

On the other hand, who knows, maybe his hands will fall off or something while he's still in office. I mean, did you see those recent photos? (I heard someone suggest it might be the results of using blood thinners considering how he's like a billion years old and all.)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Last day before election, and Trump's favourability is %0.8 shy of his inauguration. His unfavourability is 15 points higher, obviously.

This likely won't matter much, as early turnout in Texas and some other Southern/Eastern states is exceptionally high, but stuff in Rust Belt states and South Carolina (for the senate race) will be extremely wacky.

Ascended Dialga

Trump supporters are getting desperate. They're blocking highways, intimidating voters, and they crowded a Biden campaign bus in Texas (which is currently under FBI investigation. Trump attacked the FBI over this)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Trump supporters are getting desperate. They're blocking highways, intimidating voters, and they crowded a Biden campaign bus in Texas (which is currently under FBI investigation. Trump attacked the FBI over this)
Yep. And what they're doing is pretty much illegal.

Ascended Dialga

And he and his supporters are using every mental gymnastic and deflection tactic in the book to justify these actions. Trump himself even Tweeted that the Trump caravan in Texas that swarmed the Biden bus didn't do anything wrong.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The main reason it might not be an early night is Pennsylvania, which can't count until late. Remember we knew Hillary was going to lose around 11pm, if this is more of a blowout and Biden takes Georgia, NC, or Flordia it's basically over for Trump.

Litleonid

The main reason it might not be an early night is Pennsylvania, which can't count until late. Remember we knew Hillary was going to lose around 11pm, if this is more of a blowout and Biden takes Georgia, NC, or Flordia it's basically over for Trump.
I think NC is more likely than Florida. Chances are, he will probably reclaim Wisconsin and Michigan, but if he holds onto every state Hillary did in 2016 and picks up NC, he can afford to lose Pennsylvania. He just can't lose a state like Nevada or Minnesota.

Let's just hope though by the end of the week we can say goodbye and good riddance to Trump.

BGMaxie

And the big day has officially begun. It's not my country but I'm deeply concerned about what happens because it has global ramifications. While I did nothing inside the country I'd like to think that my many talks here and there and all I've read on politics these years may have contributed positively somehow.

Anyway, this is it people, let's send them GOP mofos packing.

JourneymanN00b

I believe the Democrats will retake the Senate with 51 seats under their control, which is a VERY GOOD THING. Mitch McConnell needs to be sent back to the minority. Then, we should pack SCOTUS and add 4 new seats to drown out the fascist judges that currently make up the 6-3 majority. I predict that the following seats change hands:

For the Democrats: Colorado, Arizona, Maine, North Carolina, Georgia (the Perdue seat)
For the Republicans: Alabama

Thoughts on how do you think the Senate races will go on Election day?

Last edited:

Litleonid

I think the Democrats are likely to gain control of the Senate. Susan Collins and Martha McSally will likely lose their seats, though the one I hope that loses their seat the most is Lindsay Graham. Sadly, its likely Doug Jones will lose his seat, and he was probably the best senator Alabama had in years.

I'm still very scared of the legitimate threat of four more years of Trump, though after 2018's victory in the House and Trump's horrendous response to the pandemic, I think a Biden win is likely.

JourneymanN00b

I think the Democrats are likely to gain control of the Senate. Susan Collins and Martha McSally will likely lose their seats, though the one I hope that loses their seat the most is Lindsay Graham. Sadly, its likely Doug Jones will lose his seat, and he was probably the best senator Alabama had in years.

I'm still very scared of the legitimate threat of four more years of Trump, though after 2018's victory in the House and Trump's horrendous response to the pandemic, I think a Biden win is likely.

Hear Hear. Every time I hear of Lindsey Graham, I feel like Ben Foster's character in Alpha Dog. Specifically the phone call scene. That sniveling SOB needs to go, pronto. Jaime Harrison is all sorts of awesome. Agree on Doug Jones, and am rather pissed that he will likely be replaced by Mediocre Coach Tommy Tuberville. Glad to see that this forum is not like Gaia ... there's waay too many pro-fascist assholes for my tastes.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I hate to come in here and doompost, but I'm really worried. My state's a swing state and it's leaning pretty hard towards Trump right now... I don't have much faith in any change for the next four years.

The voter intimidation thing is so disgusting...

JourneymanN00b

Well, Kentucky just decided to send Mitch McConnell back to the Senate. That state can go **** itself for giving the country six more years of this evil asshole. Also, Mark Mickolas, Amy McGrath’s campaign manager, should not be anywhere near a federal campaign. If a sequel to the movie “Dumb and Dumber” is ever filmed, Mark Nickolas would have a featuring role.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Well, Kentucky just decided to send Mitch McConnell back to the Senate. That state can go **** itself for giving the country six more years of this evil asshole. Also, Mark Mickolas, Amy McGrath’s campaign manager, should not be anywhere near a federal campaign. If a sequel to the movie “Dumb and Dumber” is ever filmed, Mark Nickolas would have a featuring role.
Yea just heard about that. Ugh. He's an annoying brick wall that never lets ANYTHING pass unless it serves him and the Republicans.