• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Also, Betsy DeVos has resigned, but only because she found the whole incident deplorable to children.

Translation: DeVos got rich enough off of her post. My fiance is a chemical engineer and makes about the same amount of money as a congressman. In a decade, one will be a multimillionaire and the other will be married to me. You can get stupid rich off of politics in this nation.

I expected coups and countercoups like this to happen in 20th Century China, not the USA.

JourneymanN00b

So apparently MIke Pence is a no to invoking the 25th amendment.

What are the other possible ways to get this insurrection-loving fascist out of office immediately? Impeachment? Or doing this to his brain? I honestly don't know what legal options there are, so I'm legitimately curious. Because I don't want our world to go to this, which will happen if Trump is not removed right now.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
all these republican rats handing in resignations are good but if the white house insurrection/siege was the breaking point for this then they are just more full of BS to have such a crazy breaking point. maybe they could've bee fine with mooching of the the taxpayers when things were slightly more civil but not after and actual siege on the WH. i know the general population WONT be missing them when they are gone.

D

Deleted member 384931

He (Trump) says for the first time that he lost the elections. I feel it isnt honest, more of "I need" to do this or they will impeach me (again). I also dont like that he says to his supporters "this is only the beginning"

nel3

Crimson Dragon
He (Trump) says for the first time that he lost the elections. I feel it isnt honest, more of "I need" to do this or they will impeach me (again). I also dont like that he says to his supporters "this is only the beginning"

Ttump's vanity doesnt allow him to admit defeat. if he is willing to admit after this insurrection then he is really stupidly stubborn to wait for a situation like this to come around before being forced to admit it. his admission might have a grain of truth, he has had 2 months to come to terms but probably hasnt put all his honest feelings into this admission. its only 12 more days and every attempt of his has failed spectacularly or horrifically. when you see the writing on the wall in less that 2 weeks then you must admit some truth that you lost.

id love to see the 25th amendment be enacted to give him the boot before he can finish his term. its unlikely, another impeachment is impossible due to time constraints.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Impeachment is pointless since Trump is getting kicked out in 12 days.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Captain Jigglypuff

Impeachment would disqualify him from ever running again in the future.
True but I think at this point a majority of voters would now realize what a horrible man he is especially when given power and he wouldn’t win the bid for the Republican Party again. Even most of the electoral college wouldn’t vote for him after what happened Wednesday.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
True but I think at this point a majority of voters would now realize what a horrible man he is especially when given power and he wouldn’t win the bid for the Republican Party again. Even most of the electoral college wouldn’t vote for him after what happened Wednesday.
Given how much of the country refuses to accept he lost non-fraudulently and the fact that people are willing to storm government buildings (one of whom was shot and killed in the process), I don't think that's a safe bet at all. Even as it stands, nearly half the country voted for him again after 4 years of him exposing his true colors in no uncertain terms. These people and the mentalities and ideologies they hold and represent are not going anywhere just because he's out of office, especially when he can run again in 4 years.

Not that I think impeachment is really an effective solution in the long run either. Even if Trump drops dead tomorrow, how many people hold similar worldviews to his? How many hold worse? How many were emboldened by Trump's presidency, and what will they do or try to do in the near future? No, the genie's out of the bottle now and there's no getting it back in. In fact, the genie was never in the bottle in the first place; these worldviews always existed, we just had the ability to ignore them and pretend they were fringe, until nearly half the country supported them.

Captain Jigglypuff

Impeachment sort of seems like a monkey paw wish to me. Yeah there definitely are benefits to it happening but will it necessarily make anything better or do any good?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Impeachment sort of seems like a monkey paw wish to me. Yeah there definitely are benefits to it happening but will it necessarily make anything better or do any good?
Spite is its own reward.

EDIT: More seriously, again, it goes on his record. In theory, it would also prove very revealing regarding the congress as to where some of them stand (remember when Tulsi Gabbard voted present on the last one?).

But also, spite is its own reward.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

It would show all candidates and the American people that the president is not above lawlessness and any attempt to usurp democracy or other illegal/unethical behaviour will not be tolerated.

Trump's concession was barely a concession lol.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Oh, I think it should still happen. There isn't really a downside to it, I just don't think there's much of an upside either. It's not like we impeach Trump and all of a sudden everything falls back into place, it just ties up one loose end and shows that there are, in fact, standards that must be upheld, and bluntly encouraging violence does not fall within those standards.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Betsy Devos has resigned as Education Secretary.

I was unaware you could resign from a job you didn't do

Whatever, she's done her job. Got her brother and the 4 Nisour murderers pardons. Throwing students under the bus was just a bonus.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Oh, I think it should still happen. There isn't really a downside to it, I just don't think there's much of an upside either. It's not like we impeach Trump and all of a sudden everything falls back into place, it just ties up one loose end and shows that there are, in fact, standards that must be upheld, and bluntly encouraging violence does not fall within those standards.
I didn’t word my thoughts as well as I had thought but this is what I meant. I don’t see any upside to impeachment right now and really the biggest concern is Trump trying to run again in 2024 if he isn’t dead by then. And that’s a huge if and I don’t think it will be likely because by then he’ll be too old and could die from any number of possibilities including a simple fall that is the result of tripping.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I think 45 Percent of the US is fully obstructed by the Dunning-Kruger effect(Trump excusers), and 54(Everybody who thinks nothing else significant will happen) very little less so.

Thus, only 2% of the US is immune to our 2nd-greatest mass mental health crisis after depression, and thus being of sound enough mind to govern.

That means 4 Democrats and 1 independent(The Squad and Bernie.) are the only confirmed sitting legislators free of this(Please name some more if you think they aren't Dunning-Krugered about the US and its history, positions, standing, importance, etc.), and thus mentally healthy enough to govern, 1 of which I know can't legally be President(Omar)

Shows you how much reform and mental health screening before being in a position to officiate is needed.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Captain Jigglypuff

Clarence Thomas is married? I have always thought that he was a bachelor. Still it’s understandable why she has been silent since then given how quickly things escalated and any additional comments could be used against her. I’m sure Trump didn’t intend mass chaos to break out when he sent those protesters to the Capitol but still you don’t send a potentially dangerous large crowd of people to a public building and not expect something to go horribly wrong.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The long term effect of impeachment is you can’t run for public office unless reinstated by the house and senate, so that takes out Trump for 2024