• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

nel3

Crimson Dragon
that angry orange also got away with the emoluments lawsuits. all those cases of him not divesting his assets to gain more wealth going unpunished. i want wait until the republican president Gila monster abuses the emoluments clause while he is in office. this supreme court decision has set such a bad precedent for worse offenders down the line.

oh and kellyann coffin is such a F and a B to do something like that to her daughter. despicable, even blood relations isnt off limits to her.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Maybe we should douse Kellyann with holy water too and see what happens! Before I had no real opinion of her other than she was annoying and nosy but now I think she’s human trash.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Maybe we should douse Kellyann with holy water too and see what happens! Before I had no real opinion of her other than she was annoying and nosy but now I think she’s human trash.
Yep. It's not surprising that she would turn out to be a pedophile.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yep. It's not surprising that she would turn out to be a pedophile.
And she basically set up her own daughter to be a target of some creep that is mostly likely going to stalk and possibly sexually assault her. This is how a lot of victims get targeted by predators.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Looks like Wallstreetbets just created an instant boom-and-bust cycle, haha.

Time to regulate the hedge funds I guess.

Edit: https://www.defenseone.com/business...den-block-500m-bomb-sale-saudi-arabia/171645/
Nevermind, it is because Biden is slowly ending US participation in Yemen war.

This is sadly is not good news, since Arab wars last for at least a decade, remember, so this can be undone if Dems don't keep the presidency for 2024(though they probably will).

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Looks like Wallstreetbets managed to double the price of Dogecoin.

It will take a long while before it goes to $1 though.

Edit: It is triple now, still long way to go.

Edit 2: Other investing apps still allow stock buys for GME and other stocks Wallstreetbets is targeting, so this is far from over (GME is also back to green btw.)

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
All of the billionaires are punching the air right now and I don't feel bad for them. I'm sure they are all living a hard life right now while they are cruising down the coast of Santa Monica on their yachts....

It looks like Robinhood is now blocking users from purchasing GameStop stock.

Remember. Market manipulation is only legal when billionaires do it....

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Virginia is going to overturn Citizen United.

All of the billionaires are punching the air right now and I don't feel bad for them. I'm sure they are all living a hard life right now while they are cruising down the coast of Santa Monica on their yachts....

What's funnier is WSB deliberately targeted shorted stocks in order to screw up hedge funds' market manipulation. All of the major stocks they invested were horribly undervalued compared to their actual value so they could go under and be harvested. They unironically saved bunch of companies from bunch of financial vultures and made a decent profit, as market should work. And this isn't the first time Reddit community helped a company (AMD's return was significantly helped by r/AMD, for example.)

(Also Robinhood is now outright selling their stocks without users' consent to support their (new) shareholders.)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

Yeah, I think a couple of lawsuits are being filed against Robinhood and other brokerages that blocked the buying of shares for users while hedge funds could continue as normal (driving the price down to offset losses). Think two hedge funds are on the verge of bankruptcy? At least one I've read has taken a loan from Blackrock.

The rich: wHy DoN't ThE pOoR jUsT iNvEsT?!?!
The poor: Ok
The rich: ...
The poor: ...
The rich: ...wait not like that

This is the most entertaining game of chicken. Props to the Reddit user whose been buying Gamestop since 2019 BTW. I hear their investment turned from $50k to $50m, and they've taken $10m in profit. They're basically the face of WSB at this point.

Maybe next time they'll think about borrowing more shares than there are in circulation. Or shorting in general. Will be interesting to see how the White House 'who is monitoring the situation', responds to this.

The real eye opener are the people on Reddit who don't really care about making a profit, or it's not the primary concern. No, they just want to see wealth distributed more evenly...and they wanna burn the hedge funds to the ground.
---
Just remember folks, if you're looking to invest, then remember these three simple things.

1) Stonks always go to the moon
2) In Musk we trust
3) Buy high, sell low

Disclaimer: Not a financial advisor. Seek proper guidance and do your own research/learning before investing.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The issue with GameStop has bizarrely united AOC, Ted Cruz, and Donald Trump Jr.

Except AOC has a very good reason not to side with Cruz.

ouch! right on the nose, so very much like her to get the facts straight.

LOL this gamestop thing that has those wall street fat cats trembling in tears is delicious. the fat cats wanted to make big money by tanking the stock but only lost billions on their failed gamble .those hedge funds can enjoy their losses, god knows they already tanked the economy a few times already with "their game" they lost 14.3 billion yesterday and thats a great win for consumer beating the pant of the fat cats.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
LOL this gamestop thing that has those wall street fat cats trembling in tears is delicious. the fat cats wanted to make big money by tanking the stock but only lost billions on their failed gamble .those hedge funds can enjoy their losses, god knows they already tanked the economy a few times already with "their game" they lost 14.3 billion yesterday and thats a great win for consumer beating the pant of the fat cats.

Some Reddit users are justifying it for the 2008 crash.

TBH it's much worse than your average trader losing say $100k on buying bad stocks. The limit there is losing $100k.
With what they did, the loss's can be infinitely large depending on how high the stock goes.

Case in point - total losses on short positions so far is $70 billion.

EDIT: For anyone that feels bad about hedge fund managers losing billions and going bankrupt, please remember they are entitled to $600 in stimulus checks to cover their expenses.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Some Reddit users are justifying it for the 2008 crash.

TBH it's much worse than your average trader losing say $100k on buying bad stocks. The limit there is losing $100k.
With what they did, the loss's can be infinitely large depending on how high the stock goes.

Case in point - total losses on short positions so far is $70 billion.

EDIT: For anyone that feels bad about hedge fund managers losing billions and going bankrupt, please remember they are entitled to $600 in stimulus checks to cover their expenses.

That's music to the ears, too bad they now put limits/bans on the small players and left it to those " That know the right way" to trade stocks. I hope the 2 day damage is enough to sink some hedge funds into chapter 11.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Thankfully, the damage is larger than initially expected.

Before anyone says anything, remember, these short stockers have little to do with pensions of working class people. Many sovereign wealth funds like Alaskan Fund and Norwegian Fund already invested in GameStop when they changed their business practices to match with virtual markets, knowing full well they would improve during the next gen console releases.

And Dogecoin hype is still going, and it is slowing crashing the big and middle cryptos.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
One thing is for sure, you can bet these hedge funds that are losing will blame Reddit for the losses.

Don't fall for it. It is entirely their own fault. They've been played at their own game and are crying for regulation because of their own stupidity.

I guarantee if your average investor had done what the hedge funds did, and the hedge funds stood to make a lot of money from inflating the prices, the hedge funds would be saying 'suck it up and pay'.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

Thankfully, the damage is larger than initially expected.

Before anyone says anything, remember, these short stockers have little to do with pensions of working class people. Many sovereign wealth funds like Alaskan Fund and Norwegian Fund already invested in GameStop when they changed their business practices to match with virtual markets, knowing full well they would improve during the next gen console releases.

And Dogecoin hype is still going, and it is slowing crashing the big and middle cryptos.
I hope the losses are greater than 70B

I honestly don't trust crypto currencies. There are too many stories of scammers and hackers using them to make money invisible to tracking. That rep is hard for me to shake off. The money we use is just paper and plastic we assign a value and collectively trust it to certain values. Crypto is harder to track despite it being a trust in algortymns rather than paper plastic. When a country officially adopts a crypto as the main currency then maybe I will accept it. Until then I just consider it a passing fad like across, bell bottom pants and disco.