• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The problem in Myanmar (as is the problem in most politically turbulent nations) is how heavily divided the political factions within it are. You can never have one candidate that pleases everyone, so someone will always be unhappy with their government. Combine this with a fairly high degree of corruption and a total disregard for human rights and it's hardly surprising that coups and upheavals are a regularity there.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Like so many problems, we can trace Burma's situation back to colonialism. Colonials made sure to have ethnic groups dislike each other as a means of exerting control. Burma could have become a Federal Republic like Germany or India, more akin to Ethiopia really, but then communists did what communists do best and planted a one-party dictatorship. Ethno-nationalism decided to take root because that's what happens when communist regimes collapse and you get the current mess in a simplified manner.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
9 officers showed up to arrest her, leading to this quote

“At one point, one officer says, "You're acting like a child," to which the girl can be heard responding, "I am a child!"’

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I saw the body cam footage of that incident. It was however doctored footage and cut away so its impossible to tell what the whole incident included.

What I did see was disturbing. Multiple adult police officers felt the need to spray a girl who was handcuffed. These officers (and honestly a lot of American police forces) need better de-escalation training.

The scary part was the complete lack of empathy. Quote: 'Just spray her at this point'.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I swear everyone that supports Trump is truly losing their minds! The Mad Hatter isn’t as crazy as these people and that guy shoves jam into pocket watches! Then you have the anti-vaxxer who think that the Covid vaccine is really created by some weird random group of people which I actually can’t recall the name of and the Earth really is flat and the sky is actually a shield set up by the government so that no one can see the literal face of God staring at them.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Knowing how conflict spirals work, the moment the Republicans gain control of the Senate via the scummy but still legal mechanisms in place, we know the Republicans will purge the Democrats. Once you have someone believe they're threatened, then they'll fight like someone who is actually threatened.

This is what happens when you have a polarized government more concerned about grubbing power than their actual jobs.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
That’s the whole argument about why the filibuster needs killed now, if the GOP wants to do it they’ll do it the first chance they get, which is why they already did it for judge nominations.

Zora

perpetually tired
The only reason the GOP hasn't killed the filibuster is they don't pass legislation. The only notable bill they passed--the tax acts--was able to work around the filibuster anyway (a workaround, btw, available to the COVID bill).

Imo, the Dems will need to kill the filibuster or just accept they aren't passing any legislation. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It won't even disadvantage them in the future, because again, the GOP doesn't pass any legislation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Being pepper sprayed ****ing sucks. I've never been directly sprayed but I ended up behind a guy who got sprayed after an altercation in a line at McDonald's of all places . Just the little bit that hit me was enough to blind me for several minutes and oh boy did it hurt. The kind of people who would inflict that kind of pain as a punitive measure against a child who is being put in what would be a scary and stressful situation for a grown adult are scum, period. Not to mention, the police chief standing on front of the press and saying "hey, it could have been worse" is all but a thinly veiled threat.

Every last one of them should lose their jobs and the cops should be charged with first degree assault, but hey, you can literally shoot unarmed people multiple times in the back and as long as you can say they were resisting arrest, you'll get off scot free so it's unlikely. Hopefully at the very least the parents sue these parasites for the clothes off their backs.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
AOC recently did a livestream where she shared her experiences of the Capitol riot. She takes it very personally because she hid in the bathroom as people stormed into her office pretending to be police just to get her out to show and kill her. This is a big reason she can't let Ted Cruz go with the stupidity that is "let us forget and move on."

nel3

Crimson Dragon
AOC recently did a livestream where she shared her experiences of the Capitol riot. She takes it very personally because she hid in the bathroom as people stormed into her office pretending to be police just to get her out to show and kill her. This is a big reason she can't let Ted Cruz go with the stupidity that is "let us forget and move on."

that seriously messed up. i dont want to think of what would happen to her or any of the politicians/democrats were located by those maniacs.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I saw the body cam footage of that incident. It was however doctored footage and cut away so its impossible to tell what the whole incident included.

What I did see was disturbing. Multiple adult police officers felt the need to spray a girl who was handcuffed. These officers (and honestly a lot of American police forces) need better de-escalation training.

The scary part was the complete lack of empathy. Quote: 'Just spray her at this point'.
I remembered a few years ago there was a Toronto van attack made by an incel guy. A cop apprehended him, in a way that the American media were surprised with the lack of excessive force against the perpetrator.

Still, the incel guy is white. Where I live in Montreal, there's black people still complaining about the cops using excessive force on them but death by shooting is very rare, to the point we make major news headlines when it happens.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I remembered a few years ago there was a Toronto van attack made by an incel guy. A cop apprehended him, in a way that the American media were surprised with the lack of excessive force against the perpetrator.

Still, the incel guy is white. Where I live in Montreal, there's black people still complaining about the cops using excessive force on them but death by shooting is very rare, to the point we make major news headlines when it happens.
In Winnipeg, we had a 16 year old native girl shot dead last year and we just found out recently that the cop will not be punished or anything, I thought that was pretty high profile. It's a weird contrast to the cop you're referring too, who while arresting the incel van attacker, the incel was pleading to be shot and killed and the cop wouldn't do it and then was praised for the action.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Meanwhile in other news Democrats are continuing on with the COVID relief plan without Republicans while the Republican's are crying for bipartisanship

This is utterly dispicable from the Democrats. They're showing their true colours now.

I remember when the thoughtful Republican's compromised on the trillion dollar tax cut for large corporations. And on appointing ACB to the Supreme court in an election year.

Yes, so compromised, very agreement, much understanding.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Meanwhile in other news Democrats are continuing on with the COVID relief plan without Republicans while the Republican's are crying for bipartisanship

This is utterly dispicable from the Democrats. They're showing their true colours now.

I remember when the thoughtful Republican's compromised on the trillion dollar tax cut for large corporations. And on appointing ACB to the Supreme court in an election year.

Yes, so compromised, very agreement, much understanding.

this is good and bad news if anything. the republicans want to gut the covid relief plan payments (1.9bil D vs 600mil R if im correct) but the dems are also willing to gut the payments without having the republicans support because democrats themselves are slightly less worse when it comes to protecting the people. there is no good middle ground.

if anything i want to see the republicans cut out of many bills as they only serve to obstruct and compromise down the benefits. just how many bills did Mitch reaper kill over his tenure, too many to count. there were some bi-partisan bills in there but the ones with power said NOPE! let them cry foul when they dont hold the ball. god knows they were only willing "to share" the ball when it was in their court. the democrats are completely capable of tanking their own initiatives without help from the other side... i just hope the democrats dont tank their own initiatives too much to become ineffective as usual.

BOTH of the parties arent being run as they are designed to by the founders. both are power and money corrupt with one tailoring a bit more to the wealthy elite and disregarding anyone thats not in the top 5%. get the money out, set the terms limits, destroy the electoral college to put a more representative and get rid of the 2 party system and maybe they can fix the system.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
this is good and bad news if anything. the republicans want to gut the covid relief plan payments (1.9bil D vs 600mil R if im correct) but the dems are also willing to gut the payments without having the republicans support because democrats themselves are slightly less worse when it comes to protecting the people. there is no good middle ground.

if anything i want to see the republicans cut out of many bills as they only serve to obstruct and compromise down the benefits. just how many bills did Mitch reaper kill over his tenure, too many to count. there were some bi-partisan bills in there but the ones with power said NOPE! let them cry foul when they dont hold the ball. god knows they were only willing "to share" the ball when it was in their court. the democrats are completely capable of tanking their own initiatives without help from the other side... i just hope the democrats dont tank their own initiatives too much to become ineffective as usual.

BOTH of the parties arent being run as they are designed to by the founders. both are power and money corrupt with one tailoring a bit more to the wealthy elite and disregarding anyone thats not in the top 5%. get the money out, set the terms limits, destroy the electoral college to put a more representative and get rid of the 2 party system and maybe they can fix the system.
You missed that the post before was a joke.

And the founding slavers never intended parties to happen.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You missed that the post before was a joke.

And the founding slavers never intended parties to happen.
I guess I did miss the joke, it still doesn't excuse the flaws in their current party system..