• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Yeah, the Democrats can try.

Texas' 6th district though? Gerrymandering at its finest.

1__HqZ7pBZlt12-R1aC3u6Cw_1131px.jpeg
You should see Ron Johnson's joke of a district.

Ascended Dialga

I'm watching the impeachment trial right now.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I can’t believe his lawyers are trying to say that Democrats are making up the charges and trying to blame him for it. Trump is clearly indirectly responsible as those rioters would never have gone to the Capitol if he hadn’t told them to go there. He might not have expected mass chaos and law enforcement to be forced to fire shots into the crowd that had become violent and destroying public property but he did send them to the Capitol and needs to pay for causing the disaster.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that a vote to acquit might backfire on Republicans in 2022, as the vast majority of people want Trump convicted and barred from ever holding office again. It would be like in 1974, when Democrats won massively as a result of blowback from Watergate. In fact, Patrick Leahy, the longest currently serving Senator, was first elected in that election.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The problem with gerrymandering in this nations is that we don't exactly live in nice blocks, so our districts are going to look weird by nature. The problem is that America's district drawing system is the exact same mechanism as the British Empire's. The guy whose in charge gets to draw the lines. If only there was a method to minimize this. Oh wait, it's called the shortest splitline method.

I can’t believe his lawyers are trying to say that Democrats are making up the charges and trying to blame him for it. Trump is clearly indirectly responsible as those rioters would never have gone to the Capitol if he hadn’t told them to go there. He might not have expected mass chaos and law enforcement to be forced to fire shots into the crowd that had become violent and destroying public property but he did send them to the Capitol and needs to pay for causing the disaster.

As a person who has been on jury duty, you will be surprised at what excuses criminals and lawyers will use to get out of the charges. A skilled lawyer will use FUD during cross examination. An idiot will do what Trump's lawyers do and use the Chewbacca defense.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i didnt have a chance to really get up to date with the trial of the angry orange, did they invite the wookies into the court?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

I was partially joking when I said semiconductors are the new oil, but I guess I was more prescient than I thought.

Also Dow is crashing now for some reason.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Joe_Biden#Elected_officials

Apparently Merrick Garland's appointment will take until March. Thanks to Impeachment Part 2.0 it might take until end of the year for Biden to officially have his cabinet.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
He was dying back then and we knew the doctors then were lying about his condition.

President Donald J. Trump was sicker with Covid-19 in October than publicly acknowledged at the time, with extremely depressed blood oxygen levels at one point and a lung problem associated with pneumonia caused by the coronavirus, according to four people familiar with his condition.

His prognosis became so worrisome before he was taken to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center that officials believed he would need to be put on a ventilator, two of the people familiar with his condition said.

The people familiar with Mr. Trump’s health said he was found to have lung infiltrates, which occur when the lungs are inflamed and contain substances such as fluid or bacteria. Their presence, especially when a patient is exhibiting other symptoms, can be a sign of an acute case of the disease. They can be easily spotted on an X-ray or scan, when parts of the lungs appear opaque, or white.

Mr. Trump’s blood oxygen level alone was cause for extreme concern, dipping into the 80s, according to the people familiar with his evaluation. The disease is considered severe when the blood oxygen level falls to the low 90s.

It has been previously reported that Mr. Trump had trouble breathing and a fever on Oct. 2, the day he was taken to the hospital, and the types of treatment he received indicated that his condition was serious. But the new details about his condition and about the effort inside the White House to get him special access to an unapproved drug to fight the virus help to flesh out one of the most dire episodes of Mr. Trump’s presidency.

The new revelations about Mr. Trump’s struggle with the virus also underscore the limited and sometimes misleading nature of the information disclosed at the time about his condition.

The former president resisted being taken from the White House to Walter Reed, relenting when aides told him that he could walk out on his own, or risk waiting until the U.S. Secret Service was forced to carry him out if he got sicker, two people familiar with the events said.

While Mr. Trump was hospitalized at Walter Reed, his medical team sought to downplay the severity of the situation, saying that he was on an upswing. At 74 and overweight, he was at risk for severe disease, and was prescribed an aggressive course of treatments. He left the hospital after three days in which he at one point staged a brief ride in his armored sport-utility vehicle to wave at the crowd of supporters outside the building.

A person close to the former president denied that he had been seriously ill, echoing comments Mr. Trump himself made after he was sick.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
He got the rich people fetal tissue cure, while the God-fearing poors got praying the COVID away instead of that, because Angry Sky Daddy sends wrath when THE POORS want the fetal tissue miracle cure.

Disgusting levels of death cult self-preservation, hypocrisy, and circlejerking from the hyper-wealthy and wealth fakers, yet again.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Of course Mr Carrot Face would get the best treatment. The rich get literally everything good and don’t have to pay taxes which makes absolutely no sense as they also contribute to the economy. Meanwhile I’m stuck working two part time jobs and barely get enough to survive and need benefits to help me pay bill and get food and there are some who look down on me because i get benefits. Well I’m sorry but getting and using food stamps is better than starving! I’m not cashing the checks to buy 10 Nintendo Switches to resell online at even higher prices or designer clothes. I save that money for bills and in case I need something right away. And I am not some slacker who refuses to get a job either as I work hard at both jobs that I have and I still need to find time in the week to do other necessary tasks and must cram all of it into one day a week.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I'm usually not a huge fan of writing off an entire area as lost because of one person, because Texas does have strong progressive strongholds like Houston, and overall I think it damages the narrative because it pushes that we shouldn't just care about the area, when there are people in the area that deserve help and support.

Plus Cruz is Canadian Born and a Texas transplant, and didn't even win Native Texans in his last election.

Litleonid

So its highly unlikely that they'll convict Trump, but is there any potential path they can take to prevent Trump from holding public office again? We know there's no doubt he's gonna try to run in 2024, and knowing how many Republicans still love him, he'd have no trouble securing the Republican nomination again, leading to another stressful election cycle full of lies, petty personal attacks, and childish behavior. If he won....We know exactly the disaster we'd be in for and we'd be forced to sit back and watch as any of the progress President Biden makes is undone immediately. And if he lost again, you know that he'd no doubt say it was rigged again, leading to another insurrection. So how can they prevent him from running again?

Missingno.Fan

So its highly unlikely that they'll convict Trump, but is there any potential path they can take to prevent Trump from holding public office again? We know there's no doubt he's gonna try to run in 2024, and knowing how many Republicans still love him, he'd have no trouble securing the Republican nomination again, leading to another stressful election cycle full of lies, petty personal attacks, and childish behavior. If he won....We know exactly the disaster we'd be in for and we'd be forced to sit back and watch as any of the progress President Biden makes is undone immediately. And if he lost again, you know that he'd no doubt say it was rigged again, leading to another insurrection. So how can they prevent him from running again?
I know this sounds horrible, but I hope he is either in very poor health or dead by 2024. I know that is a terrible thing to wish on a person, but when you are a terrible person...