• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Aaand he resigned.

...Oh, and apparently, he said that what he said was "taken out of context."
I remembered "someone" from our local electrical source provider roasting to the population complaining about the unusual winter chill, telling them to wear themselves properly and that they have to remember that they live in a cold country. But it wasn't as close as offensive and disturbing than what this mayor wrote.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
so it looks like windmills are the worst form of energy generation, they caused the huge power outages in Texas because their failure cause the outage. now they can add power outages to their rap list along side killing thousands of birds each year LOL.

good riddance to rush, hell has a special place for him or atleast id like to think its the case.

Zora

perpetually tired
Not sure if joking, but wind power disruption isn't to blame for Texas' woes: https://feeds.texastribune.org/link/16799/14291883/texas-power-grid-failures .

Energy and policy experts said Texas’ decision not to require equipment upgrades to better withstand extreme winter temperatures, and choice to operate mostly isolated from other grids in the U.S. left power system unprepared for the winter crisis.
It's really as a simple as Texas' fossil fuel industry fought against regulations, and oops, they exist for a reason. Texas is uniquely seperate from the US power grid to avoid federal regulations.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Not sure if joking, but wind power disruption isn't to blame for Texas' woes: https://feeds.texastribune.org/link/16799/14291883/texas-power-grid-failures .

It's really as a simple as Texas' fossil fuel industry fought against regulations, and oops, they exist for a reason. Texas is uniquely seperate from the US power grid to avoid federal regulations.
For those who are wondering the context, wind energy is the fastest growing renewable energy source in the world, especially in Texas, even though Texas has higher potential for solar. (There is little to no scientific reasons for this, it is purely due to market and ideological reasons.)

So they are creating a deliberate misinformation to push back against wind turbines, even though most industrial wind turbines are created through **drumroll** dirty fossil fuels, particularly by coal.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
For those who are wondering the context, wind energy is the fastest growing renewable energy source in the world, especially in Texas, even though Texas has higher potential for solar. (There is little to no scientific reasons for this, it is purely due to market and ideological reasons.)

So they are creating a deliberate misinformation to push back against wind turbines, even though most industrial wind turbines are created through **drumroll** dirty fossil fuels, particularly by coal.
My feelings on Texas...

DON'T WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIOTTTTT...

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Imagine being told by the Texan mayor that the services you pay for are considered a handout.

So, these Texas citizens paying for water and electricity that they no longer have access to and it wasn't their fault, we can expect refunds for them then?

JourneymanN00b

I am still very livid that Beto O’Rourke lost against this asshole in 2018. Take a look at what he’s doing. He is far too good for that state.

There are plenty of people that worked their asses off that year to try to kick Ted Cruz out, and yet Texas continues to give everyone the middle finger. After that disgrace, I learned that the only way that Ted Cruz leaves the Senate is if this happens to his skull, as Cancun Cruz has no intentions of resigning or retiring anytime soon. Texas is never going to vote him out, and I don’t see the state changing its ways until 2028 at the earliest. Just take a look at what the state chose to elect up and down the ballot in the years that have passed since then. Seriously, the state would be better off rotting in the deepest shithole, and deliver the rest of the United States from the shame of having Texas as part of the Union. Luckily, Texas is getting what it paid for with the blackouts. Hopefully plenty of the fascist-loving assholes freeze to death in the next several days and join Rush Limbaugh in hell, whose death caused me great happiness, as the Rush Limbaugh Show brainwashed so many idiots and caused untold damage to the United States. Maybe then the Texas electorate will wake up by 2028.

Oh, and by the way, are there any plans to chance the thread title to US Politics 2021: Democracy Fights Back or something? I feel that a new thread or title is appropriate since we have a new president and the climate is starting to change.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Again, I wish people would remember that Texas's leaders don't represent the entirety of the population, and that the state is almost purple.

I hate to throw bait out there, but what about all the POC that have to endure all these hardships?

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
My hope is that more and more people don't associate the Texas government to what is almost a purple state at this point.
I don't like to generalize and when it's about the challenges such as the pandemic, I wanted everyone in the world to get through of these together successfully. But it didn't happen and I thought it's not normal to drag this pandemic for that long, so I can't help to be disgusted of what I call "Arrogant Spoiled White Colonizer that haven't experienced hardships before" behavior that caused alot of problems to lots of people. And no, I haven't visited nor lived in Texas, but here in Quebec, I can sometimes notice these behaviors in my daily lives, so it is relatable.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Six Capitol police officers have been suspended and 29 are under investigation for their alleged roles in the riots.

EDIT: Suspended not arrested - very poor choice of words in my part

Last edited:

Litleonid

Texas deserves so much better than that scumbag Ted Cruz. I'm still mad that Beto O'Rourke lost in 2018. He's a good person and its frustrating that even with the efforts this guy does to reach out to people and increase the Democrat turnout, they STILL couldn't go blue in 2018 and 2020's election.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Ted Cruz is incapable of leading, so my thoughts are, while it's a bad look for him to be fleeing to Cancun, he'd be doing as much good there as he would in Texas.

JourneymanN00b

Texas deserves so much better than that scumbag Ted Cruz. I'm still mad that Beto O'Rourke lost in 2018. He's a good person and its frustrating that even with the efforts this guy does to reach out to people and increase the Democrat turnout, they STILL couldn't go blue in 2018 and 2020's election.
My thoughts exactly. If anyone needs a documentary suggestion, I recommend watching HBO's "Running with Beto". Anyone who watches the documentary from start to finish will understand where my eternal spite towards Texas comes from. Full stop.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
id like to think ted crud will be voted out next time he's up for election but i dont think the way the counties are jerrymandered or the collective short term memory will allow that.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Beto no Bernie clone/proxy.

Beto too much like Biden badman.

Beto bad.

Bernie good.

Now that that's out of the way...

Texas won't learn. Not until every goddamn lump and drop of coal, gas and oil is extracted from every goddamn piece of earth on the planet, and by then it'll be too late:The rich will have fled New Venus for Mars, and we'll all eat their dust.

Unless somebody actually does something more substantial than **** lists, finger wags and pooh-poohing when it comes to dealing with these assholes.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yeah, Texas won't be safe for Dems until 2028 at least, and it will still be Lean R in 2024*, when Cruz's seat is up.

There won't be any brief moment of purply competitiveness between Texas's current status has a hard red state and its future status as a safe blue state. Demographics ensure it will be hardly on one side or the other like Colorado and Virginia before it.

*And of course 2024 will be further bad for Dems in Texas because of Trump 2.0: Once More with Feeling.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
id like to think ted crud will be voted out next time he's up for election but i dont think the way the counties are jerrymandered or the collective short term memory will allow that.
Cruz is a senator, so blessedly, counties have nothing to do with it.

What does have anything to do with it will be the Dems putting forward another mediocre politician, probably in Big Oil's pocket, who maybe gets the lead out for the most basic form of human decency once and probably has some attribute to them that raises an extremely minor scandal that is meaningless in the long run but will make some would-be D voters ask just enough meaningless questions as to swan them off of voting (remember how there was a minor kerfuffle about O'Rourke going by the name "Beto" considering his extremely Irish last name?), handing the nomination once again to the Zodiac Killer. Beto is better than Ted Cruz, but Beto still sucks **** out of a straw compared to, like, an actually left politician. They shoulda got the lead singer of the band to run instead. Bassists ain't worth **** unless they're Geddy Lee.

Seriousing back up for a moment, the other big issue is whether or not people sustain their anger for the next three-and-three-quarters years over this, especially toward Ted Cruz. And maybe gaining a sense that things will change under not Ted Cruz, which needs the rest of the Democratic Party to not settle into a groove of mediocri--

Y'know what, **** everyone and run. Any country up for letting us seek asylum?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer