• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I’ve always felt a bit uncomfortable with some of Malcolm X’s beliefs particularly the one about white people being created by an evil scientist. That is clearly racism and it make me uncomfortable. I’m not saying that he didn’t have any good points for supporting the civil rights movement but his hatred of white people is extremely disturbing at the same time. All races and ethnicities have good and evil people among them. You just need to learn how to tell the two apart.
It sounds like you're using the "reverse racism" line right-wing people use to invalidate more outspoken black people's opinions that don't give a damn how white people feel, and you don't understand that THAT's why he was an "acceptable" assassination at the time to cishetwhitemaleChristian(Or Mormon) powers.

This is why the term "lily-white" is used to describe this kind of unsubtle racism. Because harsh critique of racial(or sexual/gender) relations without a cishetwhitemaleChristian(Or Mormon) filter that exposes how fragile and delicate cishetwhitemaleChristian(Or Mormon)s' emotions, clout and status really are, and how soft and weak they become when somebody hits them harder than they can hit back without ammosexualizing the response.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
It sounds like you're using the "reverse racism" line right-wing people use to invalidate more outspoken black people's opinions that don't give a damn how white people feel, and you don't understand that THAT's why he was an "acceptable" assassination at the time to cishetwhitemaleChristian(Or Mormon) powers.

This is why the term "lily-white" is used to describe this kind of unsubtle racism. Because harsh critique of racial(or sexual/gender) relations without a cishetwhitemaleChristian(Or Mormon) filter that exposes how fragile and delicate cishetwhitemaleChristian(Or Mormon)s' emotions, clout and status really are, and how soft and weak they become when somebody hits them harder than they can hit back without ammosexualizing the response.
I’m not sure about what it is that makes me uncomfortable about some of the things he said but I agree that his assassination always did seem like it was set up by some organization. I think what made me feel uncomfortable about Malcolm X is his belief that white people are the result of some mad scientist’s experiments.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I’m not sure about what it is that makes me uncomfortable about some of the things he said but I agree that his assassination always did seem like it was set up by some organization. I think what made me feel uncomfortable about Malcolm X is his belief that white people are the result of some mad scientist’s experiments.
Yeah, that is a GROSS misinterpretation of what he said, fueled by the powers that be.

To quote Taserface...

"IT'S METAPHORICAL!"

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's news:
*Armenian military is attemping a coup d'etat against the pro-EU PM Pashinyan with the support of pro-Russian oposition due to recent military loss in Nagarno-Karabakh. US remains silent but Armenian Radio Free Europe is reporting the news (English RFE remains focused on Belarus).
*GameStop short squeeze continues, this time slower and steadier. We will likely see more hedge funds go under by next month.
*Oil keeps going higher, but Bitcoin has declined a bit. This is likely because UK will open schools by March 8, and other countries are expected to follow.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Do you think he’ll be hit with tax evasion charges? Because he seems to be the type to commit tax evasion and fraud.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
She's switching between her awful, fourth grade science bull and her religion, which really underscores that this is just transphobia. She hates us and wants us to suffer and then die and she wants to use her platform to achieve this.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
People who don't believe in the transgender phenomenon need to actually look into some pubmed journals.

People will throw in the "look into a biology book" nonsense fail to grasp that maybe biology books cannot talk about every subject.

Besides, my biology book does talk about sex chromosome abnormalities and how relatively common they are. Also mentions that its not actually the chromosomes that determine sex-at-birth, which isn't totally congruent with one's personal gender anyway.

One important lesson I learn when I started my college biology class is that science in general does not tell us what is right and wrong.
You don't need a biology book/lecture/degree/career to treat transgender people with respect and dignity.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
In some respects, the worst part of this (note: no part of Greene's behavior is not gross) is her pretending it's a women's rights thing. Not just because that's how a lot of British transphobes are trying to push their horse-****, but also because Marjorie Taylor Greene does not care one iota about women's rights.

Fingers crossed that one day she just spontaneously combusts.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Needs 10 Republicans, Manchin and Manchin-Lite.

Bring religion experts that points out how Sodom and Gomorrah don't mention LGBTQANB+ people verbatim, so, via the literal interpretation that the Republicans rely on, that their religious freedom isn't applicable, and point out that trans women aren't inherently muscular via bringing out a group of trans athletes that aren't the muscle queens that idiots think they're fighting against, and they won't be able to say no without looking stupid.

Otherwise this is getting filibustered to death.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Does Marjorie believe she's a dude herself.

I don't think she knows who she truly is, she is a horrible piece of... a bigot and corrupt yet she thinks she is a normal sane person in her own mind. I don't think she seriously looked st herself objectively in a mirror.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I don't think she knows who she truly is, she is a horrible piece of... a bigot and corrupt yet she thinks she is a normal sane person in her own mind. I don't think she seriously looked st herself objectively in a mirror.
This is what playing the victim does to people. As Hermann Goring put it:

Goering: "Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in American, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship."
Gilbert: "There is one difference. In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars."
Goering: "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Litleonid

I am so sick. This evil b**** has no right to be in congress. I'm sick of her QAnon bs. I'm sick of her racism, transphobia, antisemitism and homophobia. I'm sick of her bs conspiracies. Its only been a month and I hate her more than the likes of Ted Cruz, Mitch McConnell, Josh Hawley, Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan, Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, Lindsay Graham, Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio.
Needs 10 Republicans, Manchin and Manchin-Lite.

Bring religion experts that points out how Sodom and Gomorrah don't mention LGBTQANB+ people verbatim, so, via the literal interpretation that the Republicans rely on, that their religious freedom isn't applicable, and point out that trans women aren't inherently muscular via bringing out a group of trans athletes that aren't the muscle queens that idiots think they're fighting against, and they won't be able to say no without looking stupid.

Otherwise this is getting filibustered to death.
Wait, why does the Equality Act need 10 Republicans? Shouldn't this only need a simple majority to reach President Biden's desk? Like every Democrat, plus a vote from Vice President Harris?

Last edited:

Lykouros

Sandslash fan

It is incredibly important for people to reflect on their status and acknowledge where their power and social standing comes from, especially in a case as severe as colonialism and mass oppression. However, I wonder if a better world-wide understanding of human psychology would help groups communicate with each other better and come to terms on what exactly can be done to end oppression and create equity.

As it stands, if I told my class of students they were all weak, soft individuals who are merely making excuses for themselves, they would almost certainly refuse to learn. If they then attempted to explain why they were frustrated, or why they didn't understand something, and I ignored them and gave them all Fs, I would be fired.

On the other hand, is the information I want them to learn not important? Is it not a matter of making them better citizens, of righting the wrongs that are inherent in our very system that they may not even see due to how deeply ingrained it is?

I suppose this was on my mind. People will always have misconceptions. We can either ignore them and turn them away from caring, or we can draw them in and teach them to make a difference. And, like with students, it must be said that there are some who may not come around, who may go through life making poor choices due to a combination of factors. But if we pretend like no one is worth anything, we will rarely see change.

Peace.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Wait, why does the Equality Act need 10 Republicans? Shouldn't this only need a simple majority to reach President Biden's desk? Like every Democrat, plus a vote from Vice President Harris?
They'll need to be able to break filibuster, which the Republicans will likely call on it because we still live in a world where they're able to mask their hatreds as "concern" or, for that matter, religious things.