• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The mega corporations have the government by the balls literally... They got all the politicians paid off and protected from any real consequences of their crimes.
Yep. George Carlin pretty much said as such.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yep. George Carlin pretty much said as such.
why isnt that brilliant man ie Carlin in the hall of fame already?? he was brash and brilliant, never afraid to tell the truth. unlike a cowardly orange who was idiotic, vain and brash.

Dave Chapelle might be considered the best comedian of all time but id only rank him as 2nd to the all time best: Carlin.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

nel3

Crimson Dragon
So Afghanistan is a crap show, always was. Not here to debate the reason why they started the war. It's more related how they left the local forces to handle the brunt of the terrorist forces. Handing over the largest air base that's pretty much useless is and isn't surprising. They want the Afghan forces to be able to defend themselves but have no hardware or electricity to manage it??? It does make sense to deny the enemy of a strategic base ready to operate but a slap in the face to those who need to make it now functional if they have the time to do it. It's true many local forces simply surrender while others stay and resist but it's like tossing your old iPhone out just because you bought the latest version... rather cold "not my war, not my problem" even though the US was the main combat force for 2 decades? I can't say that they shouldn't ever withdraw but they just dropped the Afghan forces like last week's trending topic and let fate decide.

Onto a different topic, it's good that the honest and trustworthy Perdue corporation only has to pay pennies to cover the billions of dollars they made with their opioid crisis... corporations at their finest...

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Trump puts me in a weird position where I want the big tech companies to win, if only so they can be allowed to ban people who post harmful rheotric on huge public platforms.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
All it takes to end billionaires in space is one person with a drone and a willingness to break things.

Just saying.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
All it takes to end billionaires in space is one person with a drone and a willingness to break things.

Just saying.
i just hope Bezos survives long enough to green light a new Stargate series as they bought up MGM recently. otherwise he is a piece of _____ that pays his workers slave wages and treats them just as equally.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Multiple people have been killed by the virus despite being fully vaccinated

This is where I ask:Random, result of failed herd immunity, or pre-existing conditions?

Because it's sure as **** not that vaccines don't work.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Turns out when people don't reach herd immunity you have dangerous variants that pop up that can be a danger to everyone, which is why anyone who doesn't have an explicitly good reason to get vaccinated is making a morally wrong choice.

Also that's less than 1% of deaths. 99% of people dying are unvaccinated.

bobjr

Staff member
It also makes it much harder to spread the vaccine, and if more people got the vaccine less people would be getting Covid because it wouldn't be around as much, so a combination of less deadly and harder to spread means that not getting the vaccine without a very good reason is at best cowardly and worst just openly morally wrong.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Actually most viruses mutate and because the covid vaccine doesn't actually stop you from getting covid and instead prevents you from possibly dying and being hospitalized this still could of happened. The flu has a bunch of variants.
"It's just the flu"

Is this what you're setting up?

bobjr

Staff member
Well yeah, in the other thread you put on some dumb "freedom of health" thing.

I'm not saying it would stop it, that the effects would be much less bad if everyone got vaccinated. Look at how the worst affected states by the Delta strain are the ones with the least amount of people vaccinated. Just because there's still a small chance something bad would happen doesn't mean you shouldn't do a good thing overall.

bobjr

Staff member
I'm perfectly fine with calling people dumb for ignoring something science keeps confirming over and over again for the last 6 months, and is actively making the situation worse. Again, it's ignorance at best and malice at worst.

Maybe I should have clarified and said that it's much more likely that dangerous variants pop up and could hurt vaccinated people, but my statement wasn't wrong, that the reason this variant is so bad is because people aren't getting vaccinated to herd immunity levels.

You did this last time too, when called out you decided to argue about the style and not the substance, so things derailed because you wanted to pull some "technically correct" bullshit. So I'd think before you post something like it again.