• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics 2021: Ignore the Neighslayers

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
i dont think i will ever understand how healthcare workers who are anti vax, "less smart people" or just plain dumb who oppose vaccinating 100% the healthcare staff in affected areas. i can understand/accept those who are simply opposed/brainwashed to vaccinations but wholly disagree with them on every single point they spew. you'd think those staff members in hospitals, long term homes and any other medical branch would think mandatory vaccinations are harsh terms to swallow. some people legit cant take the vaccine but thats a minority of the case. some people just arent sharper than a butter knife when it comes to common sense. it still makes me wonder whats wrong with medical staff who choose to oppose vaccines or mandatory vaccination rules when they see the carnage it causes in their work places.
They'd literally rather eat, vape and rectally insert horse deworming paste and essential oils then give money to their personal boogeymen to save their lives.

It's not stupidity:It's childishly defying a strawman of authority figures to own the libs. It's pure flippant delusion for the sake of appearances.

And admitting they were wrong would hurt social and parasocial credit, which is apparently more important than living happily and healthily.

AuraChannelerChris

"Tis an honor to be recognized."
But it is stupidity.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
They'd literally rather eat, vape and rectally insert horse deworming paste and essential oils then give money to their personal boogeymen to save their lives.

It's not stupidity:It's childishly defying a strawman of authority figures to own the libs. It's pure flippant delusion for the sake of appearances.

And admitting they were wrong would hurt social and parasocial credit, which is apparently more important than living happily and healthily.
you're right i forgot the "own the libs" political aspect of it. id still think theyd see the pain and suffering they see at work and be able to recognize it but thats some strong stuff they are taking to deny reality.

PoDiRancher

And here thinking Trump couldn't get any worse, he just said "Good" to breaking families apart. Let that sink in.

Biden was real good today.
I'm genuinely curious, do you still think Biden was "real good" recently as well, and why?
It's more like the Republicans using this as an opportunity to make Biden look bad.
I don't think there's anything they can really do to make Biden look bad, especially with all of his great achievements he's made in such a short time:

I'll just say I'm still glad I voted West, even though I threw my vote away.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
looks the US military destroyed any useful remaining aircraft in the Kabul air port that they weren't able to remove by the 31st deadline. i hope they didnt miss anything, i think they left enough equipment for them to play with as it currently is... i cant confirm that they left any useful equipment behind but i hope they made what remains useless/sabotaged. it looks like they managed to make most of them useless though they might be able to cobble some together or sell the remains to a country that could rebuild them.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I know Texas had a law proposal where just about anybody could sue a woman for having an abortion.
For example, I could sue some random woman I never met for this. I doesn't even need to effect me.

Is that clause included?

Edit: @PoDiRancher I'm going to have to question your video source, because the guy doesn't understand the importance of vaccines and supports homepathy, a known pseudoscience.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Thanks to this law you could sue people who knew about it and potentially could have helped too.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Abortion Bounty Hunters are coming.

Manchin and Sinema prevent the court from being expanded and other good things.

Who REALLY controls the government?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Thanks to this law you could sue people who knew about it and potentially could have helped too.
But like, I could sue some woman named Susan, who lives on the other side of the state, and not even know who she is, if that proposal went into effect.

PoDiRancher

I know Texas had a law proposal where just about anybody could sue a woman for having an abortion.
For example, I could sue some random woman I never met for this. I doesn't even need to effect me.

Is that clause included?

Edit: @PoDiRancher I'm going to have to question your video source, because the guy doesn't understand the importance of vaccines and supports homepathy, a known pseudoscience.
The importance of vaccines is subjective. There's arguably a similar amount of risk to taking it as there is just catching the virus for some people. Someone healthy in their early/mid 20's could opt to rely on their own immune system rather than take medicine which could have harmful side effects, rare as they may be.

I do think vaccines are important for other people though. In fact, if they eliminated transmissibility I'd even advocate for them in healthy people to protect others, but that's not the case.

Regardless, taking something which is not FDA approved is foolish for a lot of people, especially healthy people. I'd say the benefits outweigh the risks for particularly vulnerable people, but only a foolish person takes unapproved medicine for an illness that likely won't be fatal.

The left and the right are being frankly insane about vaccines. One side says everyone needs it no questions asked, the other won't even consider taking it. Politicizing medicine is asinine and dangerous, use logic and reason, common sense if anybody has some left.

So discounting JP because you think he doesn't know the "importance of vaccines" is ironic because you seem to be implying they're a totally safe miracle drug. That's no better than someone thinking they can megadose vitamin C to beat the virus, they're both wrong.

And vaccines aside, the video covers a lot of topics. Kinda funny to hone in on one matter, especially if you're one of the "my body, my choice" types.

Funny how quickly that went out the window, huh? Mandatory masks, vaccines, lockdowns, all supported by the pro-abortion crowd. Someone chooses the homeopathic route for their body and resists the extreme guidelines and regulations, and they're criticized and belittled for it. Where's that supportive "between me and my doctor" ****...? "Keep the government off my body"? Where's all those comfy phrases?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The importance of vaccines is subjective. There's arguably a similar amount of risk to taking it as there is just catching the virus for some people. Someone healthy in their early/mid 20's could opt to rely on their own immune system rather than take medicine which could have harmful side effects, rare as they may be.

I do think vaccines are important for other people though. In fact, if they eliminated transmissibility I'd even advocate for them in healthy people to protect others, but that's not the case.

Regardless, taking something which is not FDA approved is foolish for a lot of people, especially healthy people. I'd say the benefits outweigh the risks for particularly vulnerable people, but only a foolish person takes unapproved medicine for an illness that likely won't be fatal.

The left and the right are being frankly insane about vaccines. One side says everyone needs it no questions asked, the other won't even consider taking it. Politicizing medicine is asinine and dangerous, use logic and reason, common sense if anybody has some left.

So discounting JP because you think he doesn't know the "importance of vaccines" is ironic because you seem to be implying they're a totally safe miracle drug. That's no better than someone thinking they can megadose vitamin C to beat the virus, they're both wrong.

And vaccines aside, the video covers a lot of topics. Kinda funny to hone in on one matter, especially if you're one of the "my body, my choice" types.

Funny how quickly that went out the window, huh? Mandatory masks, vaccines, lockdowns, all supported by the pro-abortion crowd. Someone chooses the homeopathic route for their body and resists the extreme guidelines and regulations, and they're criticized and belittled for it. Where's that supportive "between me and my doctor" ****...? "Keep the government off my body"? Where's all those comfy phrases?
Yeah, no.

I'd rather not have measles, diptheria and whooping cough, thank you. And Pfizer's vaccine is approved by the FDA now, with the others coming soon.

Horse deworming paste enemas/vapes, injections of crushed kratom solution and essential oil snorting(all "Homeopathic Vaccine Alternatives" I've seen mentioned in those circles) isn't going to piss off Mommy Government and Daddy Big Pharma in the way people think it will.

"I want alternatives to(the) established/ment-" is code for "I have authority issues because I am me, I deserve instant service, and I am better and should be exempt than that which is established because of hypochondria, an untreated disability(ies) and/or unresolved traumas.

Rather than looking for quick and easy solutions in that which rebels against authority, all that energy should be applied to demanding the things you deserve be more accessible from the authorities. And I ain't talking about a jimsonweed tea colonic irrigation.

PoDiRancher

Yeah, no.

I'd rather not have measles, diptheria and whooping cough, thank you. And Pfizer's vaccine is approved by the FDA now, with the others coming soon.

Horse deworming paste enemas/vapes, injections of crushed kratom solution and essential oil snorting(all "Homeopathic Vaccine Alternatives" I've seen mentioned in those circles) isn't going to piss off Mommy Government and Daddy Big Pharma in the way people think it will.

"I want alternatives to(the) established/ment-" is code for "I have authority issues because I am me, I deserve instant service, and I am better and should be exempt than that which is established because of hypochondria, an untreated disability(ies) and/or unresolved traumas.

Rather than looking for quick and easy solutions in that which rebels against authority, all that energy should be applied to demanding the things you deserve be more accessible from the authorities. And I ain't talking about a jimsonweed tea colonic irrigation.
Nobody is talking about those diseases nor those particular remedies, neither I nor anyone in that video, so nice strawman. If you dispute something specific that I said, let's hear it, otherwise you're just babbling about supposed authority issues and rebel complexes for no reason.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
1. Vaccines and abortions are two completely separate issues, it’s a dumb comparison. One is a body autonomy issue, the other is a public health one.

2. If there is a legit medical reason it’s okay not to get a vaccine, but that’s okay because that is a very tiny amount of people compared to the general population.

3. We’ve had vaccine requirements forever, this isn’t a new thing. It’s just only recently people are trying to fight against it because they want disease to spread I guess.

4. Vaccines are often just as much to stop the spread to other people as much as it is for themselves.

The biggest mistake “The Left” has done through this is be soft on the vaccine and ask nicely, and expecting those same people to still wear a mask.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
4. Vaccines are often just as much to stop the spread to other people as much as it is for themselves.
And here is the driving force of why people should take the vaccine.

The whole "my body, my choice" tomfoolery with vaccines is not even completely accurate because if there are others who can't take it, and we may not reach herd immunity for everyone and for future generations, so it should be more like "other bodies, my choice". I mean, yeah, you're putting yourself in danger, but you're not the only one. It's not like a woman having an abortion causes other fetuses in other women to terminate.

And homeopathy is quack psuedoscience. It doesn't work. Like, I don't care if someone buys like a $5 aromatherapy candle from Earthbound Trading Company (there is no science behind aromatherapy). But people spend countless money on these pills that are just diluted solutions of chemicals they probably shouldn't ingest anyway. If you have an illness, then take something that actually works.

Here is where I mention that I have a Biology Master's, so I know what the heck I'm talking about.

PoDiRancher

Posting with intent to annoy others
1. Vaccines and abortions are two completely separate issues, it’s a dumb comparison. One is a body autonomy issue, the other is a public health one.

2. If there is a legit medical reason it’s okay not to get a vaccine, but that’s okay because that is a very tiny amount of people compared to the general population.

3. We’ve had vaccine requirements forever, this isn’t a new thing. It’s just only recently people are trying to fight against it because they want disease to spread I guess.

The biggest mistake “The Left” has done through this is be soft on the vaccine and ask nicely, and expecting those same people to still wear a mask.
Of course they're separate issues, doesn't mean there's no point of comparison. The argument carries over, you just don't like that. You can't stay consistent, either it's my body and my choice or it's not.

I've never had an issue with taking vaccines--they've always been FDA approved and didn't carry risks equivalent to the disease they prevent though. The left wants to deny the reports of serious side effects in people from the vaccines, but VITT occurred in about 1 in 50,000 people aged under 50 who received the Oxford–AstraZeneca vaccine. By my terrible math, that's 0.002℅. I can't find the data for healthy young people seriously effected by COVID again, but it was similarly infinitesimal. I also suspect the vaccine side effects are underreported since there's an obvious push for these and the last thing big pharma and liberals want is to hurt the vaccine's image.

Now that one is FDA approved finally it's more reasonable to expect people to take it, but it was patently insane to pressure people into being lab rats. Even now I'm reading that this FDA approval is different than usual, but I'm too lazy to care and will probably take it now because I can at least sue if anything happens and I survive.

The vaccine doesn't stop the spread, that's a fact. You really don't seem to know much and probably get info from Twitter. Even the Counterfeit News Network reported this, and according to US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director:

"Our vaccines are working exceptionally well," Walensky told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "They continue to work well for Delta, with regard to severe illness and death -- they prevent it. But what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission."

So there's zero point in a young healthy person getting the vaccine. It's roughly as dangerous as COVID (possibly more if you know big pharma's history) and transmissibility is unaffected. In fact it's a waste of resources at best.

Everyone else should probably take the vaccine though.

Your last remarks about the left's mistakes? A great reason for the Second Amendment to still exist. You're a walking, talking NRA ad.