• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

nel3

Crimson Dragon
So now it's okay to give a gun to a child and send them as a 17-year old with a hunting weapon (apparently 's fine as long as it's a hunting weapon) to a protest.
Yup, that's how things are run In 'Murica!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So now it's okay to give a gun to a child and send them as a 17-year old with a hunting weapon (apparently 's fine as long as it's a hunting weapon) to a protest.
And apparently an AR-15 is now a hunting weapon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
One of the hardest pills to swallow is how many people are making "cry more" jokes and actively praising Rittenhouse.
At least it becomes somewhat cathartic to block a bunch of these brainwashed fascists.

I thought that the judge was an idiot, but I might have to reconsider. He worked so hard and deliberately to get the verdict he wanted.

Watching the trial the verdict was the right one, the evidence presented was overwhelmingly on Mr. Rittenhouse's side, and the prosecutions own witnesses seemed to go against the picture they were trying to paint. Now is the time to bring charges against the prosecutor for his numerous misdeeds.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I am sorry if I did something wrong, I have been a lurker for a long time and decided to join.
You didn't do anything wrong. He's just mad at the verdict and taking it out on the nearest person. I'm not thrilled about the verdict either, but I'm not going to take it out on other people just because I didn't like the outcome. Things like that are why message boards are dying.

Anyone who lives in Kenosha, please be careful. There are probably going to be protests and they might turn violent. So if you see that, just try to stay away from them if you can until things cool down.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You didn't do anything wrong. He's just mad at the verdict and taking it out on the nearest person. I'm not thrilled about the verdict either, but I'm not going to take it out on other people just because I didn't like the outcome. Things like that are why message boards are dying.
I wasn't taking it out on "the nearest person." It's just rather odd that a lurker specifically decided to post in a Pokemon forum...'s political thread, and to boot, their username couldn't be any more obvious about the reason.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I mean Rittenhouse did assault a woman the week before, and talked about how he would like to go and shoot protestors, but that wasn't allowed to be used as evidence at all that he wanted to shoot these people.

One big problem with American self defense laws in several states is in a lot of cases it can be argued that "They felt threatened" is excuse enough to take violent and deadly action on another person, regardless of how rational or justified that threat is.

So if you want to make the argument that under the extremely limited scope the prosecution was allowed, with the judge throwing out valid evidence and giving him special treatment almost unheard of with most murder cases, with a prosecution so bad I almost believe they were in on it, that a self defense case was valid because he specifically killed the other people.

Fun fact: If the people he killed survived everyone would be able to justify self defense, but since they were killed and couldn't testify, they can't exactly make their case. I guess the lesson here is to make sure you kill someone when you shoot them.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The scariest part for me isn't even what the kid did, it's that so many people idolize him for it. They're genuinely happy that he shot three people and got away with it because the people he shot were leftist BLM protesters and therefore worse than animals in their eyes. He carried out what a lot of them wish they could do, fantasize about doing, and he got away with it scot-free. There will be more violence because of this.

No one should be idolized in this situation and there should be a lesson for both sides, do not go to a protest and begin shooting unless your life is in immediate danger, and do not chase after someone screaming "I am going to kill you" or beat someone's head in with a skateboard.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I wasn't taking it out on "the nearest person." It's just rather odd that a lurker specifically decided to post in a Pokemon forum...'s political thread, and to boot, their username couldn't be any more obvious about the reason.
He's not spamming the topic, so what's the problem here?

The scariest part for me isn't even what the kid did, it's that so many people idolize him for it. They're genuinely happy that he shot three people and got away with it because the people he shot were leftist BLM protesters and therefore worse than animals in their eyes. He carried out what a lot of them wish they could do, fantasize about doing, and he got away with it scot-free. There will be more violence because of this.
There's going to be more violence on both sides, from both the protesters and from people that are going to think this case set a standard that allows for violence against protesters. This is how wars start, folks. There's a reason they have the National Guard there.

I mean Rittenhouse did assault a woman the week before, and talked about how he would like to go and shoot protestors, but that wasn't allowed to be used as evidence at all that he wanted to shoot these people.
They should seriously remove this Judge from the bench. It's very obvious that he did everything in his power to manipulate the outcome of this case.

bobjr

Staff member
I mean for all the protests done last year in the area the only person who managed to kill anyone was Kyle, so maybe we should focus on Kyle, because the idea of this becoming a both sides things is kind of laughable.

Especially because if the lesson is “if someone is a mass shooter don’t get shot” because that just absolves the mass shooter of all responsibility

It should always be important to look at what the trial was about, specifically was Kyle Rittenhouse justified in shooting in self defense. Allegedly assaulting a woman, and talking about shooting looters attacking a store is not part of the trial. Strictly because the shooting happened because he was being chased and hit, if Mr. Rittenhouse had opened fire on a group of looters just because they were looting then of course his previous comments are fair game.

The scope of the trial is incredibly important, as is the focus on Mr. Rittenhouse. He was the only one who shot people there, but he was also the only one chased down, almost had their gun grabbed by a man screaming "I am going to kill you.", hit in the head with a rock, kicked in the head, and almost beaten with a skateboard. All of those are important things to remember when leading up to the unfortunate deaths that happened.

bobjr

Staff member
Funny how premeditation and intention is a large part of these trial and often require that information, but wasn’t allowed because of what it showed.

Literally everyone there arguably has a self defense case under America’s bullshit laws, if being threatened for any reason is legal justification the junior White Supremecist with an assault rifle would be pretty threatening to me

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
There's going to be more violence on both sides, from both the protesters and from people that are going to think this case set a standard that allows for violence against protesters. This is how wars start, folks. There's a reason they have the National Guard there.

Remind me how many right wingers have been shot by leftists in the past few years?

bobjr

Staff member
There was the one, only they got domed by federal agents right after while they were surrendering to the celebration of Trump.