• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics 2021: Ignore the Neighslayers

bobjr

Steel Ball Fun
Staff member
1 in 500 Americans have died of Covid now, and that’s just officially reported deaths.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have an exodus of medical personal leaving only because of overload

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
All I know is that the nursing home I work at has far less employees working in the kitchen than what is ideal and the nursing aides on the units aren’t enough as some nights there will only be one aide for an entire unit which has at least ten residents who all have specific needs and can’t be left completely alone and have no one check in on them.

bobjr

Steel Ball Fun
Staff member
One issue with nurses like that is they are really underpaid in a lot of cases. It’s hard to sell people like that on 12 dollars an hour.

And another related problem is complaints that people working service jobs without training make almost as much or more, in the sense they should somehow be making less, instead of focusing on ways for everyone to make a living wage

lemoncatpower

Cynical optimist
One issue with nurses like that is they are really underpaid in a lot of cases. It’s hard to sell people like that on 12 dollars an hour.

And another related problem is complaints that people working service jobs without training make almost as much or more, in the sense they should somehow be making less, instead of focusing on ways for everyone to make a living wage
how is it legal to pay nurses only $12/hr? That is actually insane.

AuraChannelerChris

Disappearing isn't that bad, actually.

JourneymanN00b

Hey, thank you to whoever changed the thread title to U.S. Politics 2021! It's about time that it got updated away from 2017 and into the (mostly) post-President Trump era. I would have preferred "Democracy's Last Chance to Shine", but "Ignore the Neighslayers" is definitely a nice title for this thread!