• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
11 times now, and we're going to a Day 4 LULZ

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
This has pushed me to do something I’ve never bothered to do before - call my Republican Congresscritter and ask them to stop voting for McCarthy by changing their vote to present.

It probably won’t do anything, though…

JourneymanN00b

Below is my post to mark the 2 year anniversary of the Insurrection:

On this day, as everyone here knows, Donald Trump convinced a fascist crowd to storm the Capitol with the support of white nationalist groups in order to stop the counting of electoral votes because Trump couldn't face the truth that said "He lost" in big capital letters.

For those of us who want to understandably execute him for his insurrection, I suggest you play this game or this game as a stress reliever instead. It is too bad this bastard is not in prison for his treasonous actions.

Sadly, because of Democrats screw ups in primarily New York and California, it is Kristallnacht time in America with the Republicans bring about chaos and destroying democracy with their cheating of elections. Truly a sign of how incompetent the Democratic party still is and our need to fend for ourselves against the rising tides of fascism.

As for me, I finished getting the guns I need to defend myself from any domestic terrorists that have threatened my personal safety.

P.S. Don't bother trying to donate to Democrats running for the Texas, Florida, and Missouri Senate races. Focus on defending Michigan (Stabenow is retiring), Montana, and Ohio instead, if you want to keep the Senate from falling to Mitch McConnell in 2024. Saying this because I got spammed with a launch for Lucas Kunce's campaign launch against Josh Hawley. As much as he may be despised, the only way that Josh Hawley is leaving the Senate is in a body bag or being hanged in the gallows, as Missouri is far too red to elect any Democrat, as the 2018, 2020, and 2022 elections demonstrated.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
These “Republicans” are the exact opposite of what a republican is. The term “republican” was originally created to refer to supporters of democracy, particularly in the time period of the French Revolution, as the term referred to those who wanted to abolish the monarchy and replace it with a democratic republic.

JourneymanN00b

And BOOM! goes the Gaetz dynamite in the 14th round. Definitely becoming like a Republican Night of Broken Glass for the House.

masdog

It won’t work at all. It sounds like they don’t even have the votes to pass a rules package…so they’re adjourning until Monday.

So one long national nightmare has ended, and another is about to begin.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I hope in a few decades from now, history will paint this era of the GQP as a clownish anathema to American democracy and government.

The Republican spin is so stupid as well: "our party infighting to hash out issues that we had 2 months to sort out before what is supposed to be an easy ceremonial vote......is uh, actually proof that our democracy is working! Yeah, let's go with that...!"

Phillies

McCarthy finally got what he wanted. He's an idiot though. He made it so that it only takes one person to call for his job. Good luck keeping the far right happy. He isn't going to be able to do anything without their approval.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Kevin McCarthy is now the Speaker, but he will be forced to deal with the Freedom Caucus holding a gun to his head and forcing him to obey all their commands.

Phillies

Kevin McCarthy is now the Speaker, but he will be forced to deal with the Freedom Caucus holding a gun to his head and forcing him to obey all their commands.
He turned himself into their puppet. I read elsewhere that Gaetz and his cohorts only voted yes because they were running out of things to ask for. It's going to be like the Senate was last term with only a few representatives actually having any power.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
He turned himself into their puppet. I read elsewhere that Gaetz and his cohorts only voted yes because they were running out of things to ask for. It's going to be like the Senate was last term with only a few representatives actually having any power.
Yeah. The Freedom Caucus will really be running the show in the House and they will get everything they want. The measure to have only one member be enough to call a Speaker was just to make him even more dependent on the more extreme right elements of the Republican Party than he already was.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Apparently on Q4 2022 the Chinese economy didn't grow on a seasonally adjusted basis. Official seasonally adjusted growth rate is, quite literally, %0.

This might mean either CEBR's (UK) expectation of China surpassing US in 2036 instead of 2030, or JCER's (Japan) expectation of China never surpassing US might come true.

The good part of this news is that China's growth pattern still remains closer to South Korea than Japan, so they likely won't suffer any Lost Decades, and will continue to age gracefully until they reach European-style slow growth. The neutral part of this news is this, alongside India likely suprassing China in terms of total population in 2023, means it really is India's turn now. The bad part is as China stops being world's factory faster than we expected, the stress will be felt everywhere, with prices going up in the West, and rest of developing Asia being forced to keep up with China's declining productivity. So expect this decade to continue to be remarkably similar to the 1990s.

Meanwhile, the US tech bubble seems to have collapsed during the Russo-Ukrainian conflict, and the end of COVID restrictions. (https://dqydj.com/buffett-indicator/) Bitcoin is back to around 20000, Dow is doing decently in the long turn despite collapsed tech companies etc. Meaning the war, despite expectations of a global crisis in 2023, has not hit US significantly, since US already suffered a technical recession from a while back this year.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The GOP has devised their very first bill of their new majority. It will fully abolish the IRS and replace it with a national sales tax. It just shows you how much they would go to cut taxes for their rich friends while screwing over everyone else who isn't rich. Also, Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia will announce whether or not he will run for re-election in 2024 today.

JourneymanN00b

Well, we can now add Mike Pence to the "can't be trusted with classified documents" group of people.

So, I used to care someone in a nursing home who had a top secret security clearance when he served in the Army. It was quite clear on what he could and could not do with the information contained from classified/secret/top secret documents.

Everyone in power in both sides needs to get a goddamned refresher on this, since this seems to be a difficult concept for Trump, Biden, and Pence to understand.

masdog

Everyone in power in both sides needs to get a goddamned refresher on this, since this seems to be a difficult concept for Trump, Biden, and Pence to understand.
The question is "what was found?" There is a huge difference between classified, top secret, and TS/SCI. And there are a lot of things that could be stamped classified that really aren't. And that could be things as innocuous as schedules or news articles.

We know some details about what they found at Trump's house, and it definitely does not fit classified. But we have no idea what they found at Biden's house other than stuff marked classified. So I'm having a hard time getting outraged about either in the absence of details...