• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Trump accusing China's trade policy of (not literally, I hope) "raping" the US.

Boy oh boy do I hope for the sake of this world he doesn't go much further...
(then again, it's not like any of the their candidates are any good either)

Mordent99

Banned

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Well, I mean, it's not like there haven't been a lot of inquiries as to whether or not he can be president anyway.

Admittedly, though, I still want it to go to a contested convention. I want to watch them squirm.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
And with that blowout in Indiana, Ted Cruz has finally suspended his campaign.

I guarantee he will be back in 2020 though. A virus like him does not simply go away so easily.

Can't wait to see the super religious right and Glenn Beck and David Barton throw a fit tonight and tomorrow though.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
You'll see another fight next time as Cruz has to deal with Paul Ryan, who clearly hates the direction the party is going.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Also, Carly Fiorina's tenure as running mate barely lasted a week. That's gotta be a record, most likely.

Cruz now has to go back to a senate that hates his guts, a government he's repeatedly admonished as "the establishment", and a term in which he helped lead the charge in shutting the government down for the deficit. This will be a lovely welcome back party.

Navin

MALDREAD
Trump vs Clinton. I mean, we all expected Clinton from the start, but Donald Trump? Top fvcking kek.

Trump is so unpredictable. I have no idea what to expect from him in the White House. Based on his rhetoric to win the GOP nomination, I'm starting to get a bit worried as a brown dude in this country, even if I'm a citizen.

Remix2

So the Christian taliban Ted Cruz is out of the race, oh boy the far right are going to cry like little babies all week long.

In other news sander win Indiana.

John Madden

resident policy guy
Trump vs Clinton. I mean, we all expected Clinton from the start, but Donald Trump? Top fvcking kek.

i personally expected trump from the start and won an avatar bet from 6 months ago on another site toward that end, which i still don't feel good about in any capacity because it has to do with Trump

on a more general note, Sam Wang of Princeton posted a couple days ago about the probability that Trump catches up by November based on historical polling errors by days-til-election

(spoiler alert: it's under 10%)

Class Zero

We have arrived.

Trump is so unpredictable. I have no idea what to expect from him in the White House. Based on his rhetoric to win the GOP nomination, I'm starting to get a bit worried as a brown dude in this country, even if I'm a citizen.

You're only just now starting to get worried? ;)

Poke Trainer J

Republicans need to get off the idea that Donald Trump's the next best thing since Ronald Reagan cause he's not, If anything his policies align more to Barry Goldwater's which is ironic considering that Hillary Clinton has been known to have been a supporter of Goldwater's policies since the mid 60's. I don't see how anyone can be sane enough to vote for someone like Trump into office when he pretends to take himself seriously, has the worst negative approval rating among women voters in U.S. history, alienates foreign countries with policies that goes against what we stand for, all while continuing to make our country look like the laughing stock of the world.

As for Kasich and Sanders I wouldn't count them out just yet despite that the odds are still stacked against them however it's looking more like what I predicted 4 years ago in that there would be a General Election between Trump and Clinton where Republicans are faced with the difficult task of voting against Trump cause If they don't our country will be in serious trouble. I get that they're fed up with Obama's policies but at the end of the day were some of them as bad as they thought they were? Obamacare is debatable yes but I think there was some good that came out of his legacy despite what people have said about him.

bobjr

Staff member
Obama will be a top 10 president, and his charisma alone will carry his legacy. But I don't know how you think Kasich has a chance. Even Ohio is fed up with him.

John Madden

resident policy guy
If anything his policies align more to Barry Goldwater's which is ironic considering that Hillary Clinton has been known to have been a supporter of Goldwater's policies since the mid 60's..

well, no, she volunteered for his campaign as a high schooler who was probably being influenced by her extremely conservative republican dad

she supported eugene mccarthy in 1968 and george mcgovern in 1972

Poke Trainer J

Obama will be a top 10 president, and his charisma alone will carry his legacy. But I don't know how you think Kasich has a chance. Even Ohio is fed up with him.

If the GOP race still goes to a contested convention with Kasich still in then there's a slight chance that he might be able to persuade Trump supporters to back him as I think it'd actually work better for Kasich than Cruz since he's a more likeable candidate who ran as much of a positive campaign as the Democrats he's running against. As for Obama being a top 10 President he deserves it especially since he became a symbol for African Americans who helped further advance Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream for racial equality or at least he tried to despite Republicans trying to derail his efforts in Congress.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
Kasich isn't likable though. If he was he would have been a strong candidate. He's bland and inoffensive hiding spite, in a race where people wanted to see who could yell the loudest.

There will be no contested conventions. For Republicans, Cruz is out of the race. Trump will easily win the last nine states, including California and New Jersey which are winner-take-all. A month from Saturday, the Associated Press will be declaring Clinton the presumptive nominee for the Democrats. She is only 181 delegates away from clinching the nomination.

Poke Trainer J

Kasich isn't likable though. If he was he would have been a strong candidate. He's bland and inoffensive hiding spite, in a race where people wanted to see who could yell the loudest.

This race shouldn't be about who yells the loudest it should be about whoever is best fit to get the job done instead of being a part of a stand up comedy routine like what Trump's been doing though to be fair Hillary's just as guilty of this as well which is why I'd prefer someone like Sanders whose been honest with the American people. The only reason why he hasn't gotten far ahead is because he's mostly been viewed as a protest candidate whose campaign rests entirely on domestic policy while neglecting the foreign policy needed to run this country.

There will be no contested conventions. For Republicans, Cruz is out of the race. Trump will easily win the last nine states, including California and New Jersey which are winner-take-all. A month from Saturday, the Associated Press will be declaring Clinton the presumptive nominee for the Democrats. She is only 181 delegates away from clinching the nomination.

GOOD then let's elect Hillary and get this over with...

bobjr

Staff member
Nah, Bernie has his weaknesses too. Honestly I feel like from the left Hilary gets too much focus on her negatives while Bernie gets none at all, but he is the idealism candidate.

John Madden

resident policy guy
bernie didn't even bother contesting most of the states in the south after SC resoundingly rejected him, even though they're chock-full of the most reliable democratic voters in the country

and his justification for doing that sounds suspect as hell to anyone non-white and probably explains a lot of why hardly anyone voting for him is non-white, still

(see also the fact that none of his speeches ever seem to be tailored to specific audiences in a country where there isn't only one interest group)