• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yeah, they just voted a few weeks ago to expand power in that regard anyway.

Plus the GOP doesn't care about the contents of the memo, they care about "The Memo". It's like Hillary's emails, they didn't care what was in them, they cared about "The Emails"

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
AL Senate is primarily Republican, so it will likely pass.

Remix2

Also in "Well if we lose fairly let's make it unfair" news, Alabama just made special elections illegal after Doug Jones won.

That classic republicans tactic right there. if you can't win against the democrats in the policy area because your are absolute garbage, just cheat your way to win a election.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
While the most of the media is rightfully talking about Erdoğan's attempt at his own Kurdish-Assyrian-Yazidi genocide in Syria and Iraq(with my fellow Kurds predictably joining in glee like they did in Halabja to force UN to step in), apparently the South Yemeni independists have gained the lobbying power of UAE:
http://www.odwyerpr.com/story/publi...-political-consulting-works-yemen-crisis.html

Not sure how this will work out, considering Saudi backing of the Yemeni government, and Hadramutis desire to go on their own.

Swordsman4

Liberals: Are Flynn and Trump guilty of Russian collusion and violating the Logan Act?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Plus the GOP doesn't care about the contents of the memo, they care about "The Memo". It's like Hillary's emails, they didn't care what was in them, they cared about "The Emails"

I wouldn't be surprised if there was literally nothing of consequence contained in said memo. Like, they reveal it and it's just a Domino's receipt or something.

Am I too cynical about this?

NSA is allowed to legally spy on everyone. Which was something started before Obama came into power. They also pretty much act without supervision.

Y'all also have to remember that, even if it were illegal, this kind of stuff still adheres to... um, I believe the technical term is the "Yeah? And Who's Gonna ****in' Stop Us? Doctrine"

EnglishALT

Yeah, they just voted a few weeks ago to expand power in that regard anyway.

If the GOP did not care about the contents of the memo, then why fast track the release? By House rules they could string it out until March, allowing the speculation to build and keep the memo in the news cycle. Instead word is that its coming out next week!

With the emails of course the Republicans cared about the emails. There were significant questions as to if foreign powers gained classified knowledge from her emails account, and there are questions as to if she was using her office for for personal gain by giving out favors for donations to the Clinton Foundation. So of course the content of the emails were important.

bobjr

Staff member
If the GOP did not care about the contents of the memo, then why fast track the release? By House rules they could string it out until March, allowing the speculation to build and keep the memo in the news cycle. Instead word is that its coming out next week!

With the emails of course the Republicans cared about the emails. There were significant questions as to if foreign powers gained classified knowledge from her emails account, and there are questions as to if she was using her office for for personal gain by giving out favors for donations to the Clinton Foundation. So of course the content of the emails were important.

If Nunes wasn't a spineless toadie who was in it for himself he would have released it right away. Like really the Memo is literally written notes by him, someone who tried to give everything away to Trump right away, to try and corrupt a blue wave. You're thinking like a GOP voter, and if you are I'm sorry.

And you're really saying this now with a significant Russian investigation with the GOP? Several members in the GOP investigation and the Trump committee did the exact same thing, but I never saw the same thing against them. Like I'm not saying what she did was right or good, I'm just saying the GOP loves Hypociracy at the bare minimum. I legit don't understand the Lionization towards Comey in the sense that he ruined the election and got stung for it.

Silver Soul

Ahem. You may want to end your obsession with #releasethememo already.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/politics/richard-burr-devin-nunes-fisa-memo/index.html

EnglishALT

If Nunes wasn't a spineless toadie who was in it for himself he would have released it right away. Like really the Memo is literally written notes by him, someone who tried to give everything away to Trump right away, to try and corrupt a blue wave. You're thinking like a GOP voter, and if you are I'm sorry.

I don't know if it has some kind of intelligence sources in it then it would need to be okayed is from what I am reading.

And you're really saying this now with a significant Russian investigation with the GOP? Several members in the GOP investigation and the Trump committee did the exact same thing, but I never saw the same thing against them. Like I'm not saying what she did was right or good, I'm just saying the GOP loves Hypociracy at the bare minimum. I legit don't understand the Lionization towards Comey in the sense that he ruined the election and got stung for it.

I don't understand where you are getting they did the same thing, I mean Trump didn't have a separate email account that he was sharing state secrets on during the campaign.

Ahem. You may want to end your obsession with #releasethememo already.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/politics/richard-burr-devin-nunes-fisa-memo/index.html

Okay? And? The Senate wasn't given access to it, just the House.

bobjr

Staff member
The House Intel community is a joke at this point but still counts as an intelligence source.

Plus I'm not talking about Trump himself, because he's too personal and racist, I'm talking about people like Nunes and Donald Trump Jr., who seemed to love to use email to talk about things they shouldn't have.

EnglishALT

The House Intel community is a joke at this point but still counts as an intelligence source.

Plus I'm not talking about Trump himself, because he's too personal and racist, I'm talking about people like Nunes and Donald Trump Jr., who seemed to love to use email to talk about things they shouldn't have.

Can you tell me anything specifically? Sorry I do not remember reading anything with them having anything close to access of information as the Secretary of State.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
the GOP controls Congress. If there was anything credible in that memo they would've already claimed the glory by releasing it

bobjr

Staff member
Nunes did the same thing with the emails and Benghazi a lot too.

Senate: My GOD what is that?

Nunes: Proof of FBI corruption?

Senate: FBI corruption. At this time of year? In this kind of way? In this specific campaign? Localized entirely within your intel committee?

Nunes: Yes!

Senate: May we see it?

Nunes:... No.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/dreamers-opponents-daca-deal.html?mtrref=undefined&referer=

Also the NYT needs to stop running garbage like this. I don't care if people want to justify their racism, it doesn't make them endearing one bit.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO