• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Speaking of fascism, Arizona is bringing back a method from 1945 to execute prisoners in 2021 and beyond. The last gas killing in Arizona was in 1982, the inmate took 18 minutes of agonizing pain to die and they think it's good to refurbish and put this back into use in the very near future... some one is missing the irony or is aware of its horrible legacy.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Speaking of fascism, Arizona is bringing back a method from 1945 to execute prisoners in 2021 and beyond. The last gas killing in Arizona was in 1982, the inmate took 18 minutes of agonizing pain to die and they think it's good to refurbish and put this back into use in the very near future... some one is missing the irony or is aware of its horrible legacy.
Even worse is that they want to use the very same poison that killed millions of Jews. Yeah that’s definitely not going to go over well with the remaining Holocaust survivors and their families.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
That’s actually a big part of why the Death Penalty is bad and needs reformed, because it’s stated the prisoner must suffer before they die, and why a firing squad is arguably the most humane way of doing it.

If you wanted to kill someone just give them O2
Poisoning where they just die without knowing it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Even worse is that they want to use the very same poison that killed millions of Jews. Yeah that’s definitely not going to go over well with the remaining Holocaust survivors and their families.
Thanks for confirming my hunch, they are trying to use the same compounds as that German dictator used. Maybe they would have considered this if the previous president wasn't suck a fascist but it's hard to consider this wasn't their plan even if he wasn't the previous President. They did have issues with thier injection formula efficacy and availability and were looking for other options.

A firing squad is a bit hard on the operator's psyche to say the least but it could work with some modification. Have 5 firearms mechanically mounted and pointed at secured prisoners and have 5 different individuals confirm the sentence. Then the signal goes to a random firearm to complete the task. One firearm to respond to 1 of 5 random confirm signals could also work. If the executioners are ok with having doing the execution themselves then they could accept the facts they did it. I don't know if everyone would be comfortable to pull the trigger consistently and many times and not be affected by those actions later on in their life.

Last edited:

BGMaxie

Vernikova

Champion
No, they're not. Zyklon B contains hydrogen cyanide, but the latter is only one ingredient in the former. According to the documents that were released, they're just using hydrogen cyanide, which has been used as a method of execution in the U.S. before. In fact, the documents show that it's not Zyklon B. Rather, they are using the traditional method of execution by hydrogen cyanide by combining it with potassium cyanide and sulfuric acid.

Poke Trainer J

Relatedly, the reason why getting everyone vaccinated is to achieve herd immunity, or at least contain the virus enough that it's a manageable endemic disease (a la the flu). Pandemics and endemic diseases are a public health issue, you cannot frame them in terms of personal health.
Based on what I've read on the news recently, the Biden Administration is apparently threatening to ship ALL unused doses of the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccines to other countries as a way of punishing millions of Americans who still refuse to get the jab or to get fully vaccinated before the doses are completely exported. Between this and vaccine lotteries ran by politicians like Gavin Newsom and Andrew Cuomo I find this to be very petty and unethical on their part. At least it's better than the dystopian alternative of mass riots / protests and martial law being implemented If the vaccine does end up getting mandated especially from employers.

My guess as to why Biden would want to close the window of opportunity for Americans to get vaccinated is because these doses are very expensive to design and manufacture and feels that it's a waste of money to leave them behind for a demographic of people who can't make up their minds whether to take it or not. So in a way the Biden Administration is "politely" saying that Americans had 3 months to decide whether to get vaccinated and now their time is up and will have to wear a face mask out in public for the rest of their lives as a way for them to pay the price for their own ignorance. Of course me being on the losing side of this argument doesn't help matters much either so yeah...

Poke Trainer J

Except that doesn't make any sense. If herd vaccinations don't happen then the pandemic will continue. It's better to have a bunch of undecided by people with the opportunity than no opportunities at all. In fact it was just announced today that some medications neutralizes the vaccine and makes it ineffective as if you never took it at all. I'm sure those people who can't + the people who take drugs that suppresses the vaccine will be dependent on those who can taking it. I'm sure people are becoming weirded out by the push of the vaccine. States are now offering money and school scholarships to seniors who get the vaccine. It's getting weird.
That still doesn't change the fact that there's been a dramatic decline in new cases and deaths pertaining to COVID-19 since this pandemic started back in March 2020. The vaccination effort is working though there's still a few hurdles we need to get through instead of being too eager to declare victory prematurely like what the Mainstream Media is doing right now. The current situation with the pandemic in countries like India, Brazil, and now Vietnam is still far worse than the United States and the rest of the world.

Poke Trainer J

I'm not sure what your first sentence has to do with what I said. I'm saying if what you're saying is correct than Biden should keep the vaccines in America and he's being dumb. Obviously helping other countries is a nice action but marketing it as "punishing" Americans is ill worded. I also still stand by the fact that offering lotteries of money and scholarships to people is just going to increase their suspicion more.
What would Biden be able to gain politically for completely exporting the vaccine to other countries while leaving Americans who aren't fully vaccinated not fully vaccinated? "Punishing" isn't the right word when I think he's really trying to market it more as "Paying the Price" for Americans choosing not to get fully vaccinated and having to live with the consequences of those actions. What sane politician is desperate enough to offer lotteries and scholarships to people just to get the jab?

Vernikova

Champion
Based on what I've read on the news recently, the Biden Administration is apparently threatening to ship ALL unused doses of the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccines to other countries as a way of punishing millions of Americans who still refuse to get the jab or to get fully vaccinated before the doses are completely exported
When did they say this?

bobjr

Staff member
The GOP platform at the federal level tends to avoid really talking about their Anti-LGBT bills, except for some anti-trans stuff, because it is more and more unpopular, with the Equality bill for LGBT people now at 70% support and growing.

Remember 2016 when Trump was pushed by media as one of the best people for LGBT people ever?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
This took a long while, but Switzerland's gay marriage referendum is now confirmed to be in September 26th, but it can be delayed of course.

Chile is expected to legalize gay marriage in the upcoming weeks as well, but I'll believe it when it happens.

For other geopolitical news, Ethiopia and Eritrea have been sanctioned by US due to Tigray War, which is good thing. US is currently more focused on sanctioning corrupt politicians in the Balkans though, due to EU's renewed interest to the region.

bobjr

Staff member
Manchin has announced he’s voting against HR1 because it’s not bipartisan enough, so it looks like we won’t fix voting rights for a few years

Vernikova

Champion
That's what I've assumed from this newspaper article in my hometown, though it turns out that fear may have got the best of me again:

It doesn't say that he said that. I think you've misunderstood since he's basically been feeling pressure help vaccinate the rest of the word.
The mental gymnastics behind this are just..............something......

It's amazing how many stories still come out about this guy, some of which seem to contradict other reports. Going by reports, he's "interested" in the idea of running for the House in 2022, will run for president in 2024, and is hinting that he will have his presidency restored this August. Some in the media are desperate for clicks, and you can tell how desperate they are when they try to run stories about irrelevant politicians like Marjorie Taylor-Greene, who has shown to have about as much influence as the average American voter writing to their politician.