• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Russia is working with China in the sense everyone works with China, but there's no real push to deepen relations.

Any Russia China deal will hurt Russia more, granted outside of Putin Russia leadership is a bunch of corrupt oligarchs who would probably let the country go to more ruin as long as they can line their pockets

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Russia is working with China in the sense everyone works with China, but there's no real push to deepen relations.

Any Russia China deal will hurt Russia more, granted outside of Putin Russia leadership is a bunch of corrupt oligarchs who would probably let the country go to more ruin as long as they can line their pockets
Sure you think that way but it might play its strength as Russia and Usa's relationship has fallen apart over 6 years no thank growing hating upon them

bobjr

Staff member
Not much has really changed at all over the past decade, as long as Putin's been in power. We don't really trade with them, and they keep pushing border action on places like Ukraine, but that's been a constant for decades.

It's more of a perceived thing, where whoever is president if they like them they're good with russia, and the second someone else takes over it's all of a sudden bad if they don't like them..

Redstar45

Not much has really changed at all over the past decade, as long as Putin's been in power. We don't really trade with them, and they keep pushing border action on places like Ukraine, but that's been a constant for decades.

It's more of a perceived thing, where whoever is president if they like them they're good with russia, and the second someone else takes over it's all of a sudden bad if they don't like them..
^did trump put some sanctions on Russia? I remember that was pressed by democrats during 2018

bobjr

Staff member
Trump didn't Sanction Russia, that was all done previously. Trump was the one who tried to remove the sanctions.

Redstar45

Trump didn't Sanction Russia, that was all done previously. Trump was the one who tried to remove the sanctions.
I thought that he did ......... i know what my thought on sanctions against Russia and other countries is not really good option that popular among peoples here as i am a old school anit-war pro-life Liberal here
-----noted-------
Now i must took a break from the discussion about politics as it over stressed me out over a 8 years

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
Do Russia even care about them sanctions by usa all that much? They are working closely with the Chinese government right now ?
Russia's anti-West stance may screw them in the long term since China holds expansionist inclinations if the South China Sea is any indication. We should look forward seeing China chip away at Russia's borders once they lose any use to the Chinese.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
EU will not be opening a new chapter/cluster with Serbia in accession negotiations, instead they will move to adopting the new methodology. We don't know if there will be anything new with Montenegro.

EU progress reports won't come until October, so other prospective members (Albania and North Macedonia still have time).

There hasn't been any major news regarding NATO summit, but new Israeli Parliamentary Speaker is apparently a Kurdish Jew, so that's cool I guess. The only thing of notice is that Turkey has agreed to assist the Afghan government, replacing rest of NATO, but that happened two days before the Summit, so w/e.

With no invitations of a new member, and EU's refusal towards Biden's desire for a sped up process of integration of Western Balkans into EU, we will likely see a further focus from US on the regime change attempts in Belarus. At least the lack of a new member to NATO means Orban will likely lose power in the next elections, as the polls suggest. Erdoğan on the hand seems to have gotten renewed protection from US due to the Afghan deal, but Biden remains committed to Syrian Kurds, so this will only negatively impact Iraqi and "Turkish" Kurds.

Also cryptos rised up a bit: https://www.worldcoinindex.com/ So that's cool too.

Redstar45

Russia's anti-West stance may screw them in the long term since China holds expansionist inclinations if the South China Sea is any indication. We should look forward seeing China chip away at Russia's borders once they lose any use to the Chinese.
Actually don't say like that .....there is good peoples who live at borders don't deserve it

Vernikova

Champion
Actually don't say like that .....there is good peoples who live at borders don't deserve it
Good people are subject to the brilliance and follies of their leaders, whether they have a choice in selecting those leaders or not. Territory disputes are zero-sum, so they necessary entail that one side will be the "loser." I would argue that descriptive political realism is the accurate lens to view and interpret geopolitics, with any attempt at establishing international order simply being a guise to hide ambitions to power (e.g., the United Nations Security Council). It might be a bit much to say "enjoy," but it's going to be a show.

Redstar45

Good people are subject to the brilliance and follies of their leaders, whether they have a choice in selecting those leaders or not. Territory disputes are zero-sum, so they necessary entail that one side will be the "loser." I would argue that descriptive political realism is the accurate lens to view and interpret geopolitics, with any attempt at establishing international order simply being a guise to hide ambitions to power (e.g., the United Nations Security Council). It might be a bit much to say "enjoy," but it's going to be a show.
It is might be a nightmare show as they bring the cold war 's gugul under new name "Work Camp or Camus" to hurl any ones who is challenging the system .

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
21 Republicans didn't want to be saved.

The ungrateful bastards.
  1. Lauren Boebert of Colorado
  2. John Rose of Tennessee
  3. Andy Harris of Maryland
  4. Thomas Massie of Kentucky
  5. Bob Good of Virginia
  6. Louie Gohmert of Texas
  7. Barry Moore of Alabama
  8. Ralph Norman of South Carolina
  9. Matt Rosendale of Montana
  10. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia
  11. Chip Roy of Texas
  12. Paul Gosar of Arizona
  13. Andy Biggs of Arizona
  14. Warren Davidson of Ohio
  15. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania
  16. Matt Gaetz of Florida
  17. Greg Steube of Florida
  18. Andrew Clyde of Georgia
  19. Jody Hice of Georgia
  20. Mary Miller of Illinois
  21. Michael Cloud of Texas

nel3

Crimson Dragon
21 Republicans didn't want to be saved.

The ungrateful bastards.
  1. Lauren Boebert of Colorado
  2. John Rose of Tennessee
  3. Andy Harris of Maryland
  4. Thomas Massie of Kentucky
  5. Bob Good of Virginia
  6. Louie Gohmert of Texas
  7. Barry Moore of Alabama
  8. Ralph Norman of South Carolina
  9. Matt Rosendale of Montana
  10. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia
  11. Chip Roy of Texas
  12. Paul Gosar of Arizona
  13. Andy Biggs of Arizona
  14. Warren Davidson of Ohio
  15. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania
  16. Matt Gaetz of Florida
  17. Greg Steube of Florida
  18. Andrew Clyde of Georgia
  19. Jody Hice of Georgia
  20. Mary Miller of Illinois
  21. Michael Cloud of Texas

you forgot the other republican senator...
22. Joe Manchin of West Virginia

how he is still not considered a republican in the senate is a mystery to me.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i do hope that gates does go to prison, he's been too protected by daddy and officials long enough. i dont know if anything will result though as he'll likely have republicans "judge" him on his crimes.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's news from MENA:
*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Armenian_parliamentary_election
Current pro-European PM Pashinyan has won the Armenian snap election, but lost his majority to change the constitution. This means the members of the Constitutional Court from the old regime won't be dismissed, but Armenia will keep its commitment to the armistice agreement Azerbaijan, even though Azerbaijan continues to occupy Armenia proper.

*Turkish Constitutional Court has decided to open the case against the pro-Kurdish HDP, which means Biden has likely decided to support Erdoğan as part of the Kabul agreement until the next election.

Even if the Turkish opposition decides to unify after HDP closes down, with US support for Erdoğan and his intended new electoral system, they have no chance of winning the next election (Erdoğan was sure to win the next election anyway in a Pyrrhic manner, but with this, he will win big with no losses).

(US refuses to support opposition parties in Turkey because none of them are properly aligned with US interests if they aren't outright hostile to the US, but continues to support non-partisan opposition news circles.)

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I can't believe that people, likely hardcore, possibly delusional Trump supporters think that Trump is going to be reinstated as President come August (well, actually, I can).

Haha, August comes around, people are expecting or at least hoping he gets reinstated and nothing happens. Oh! Their disappointment! I can't wait!