• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Zora

perpetually tired
Oh. Well, I do remember there was something they did wrong that people were against it.
The screw-up was the lack of checks.

Even if the policy was "no masks if you're vaccinated" on paper, anyone with the slightest understanding of sociology knew the de facto policy would be "no masks period." CDC expected the former; the latter panned out.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I do think there was some pressure from above, where you could have had a push for some kind of vaccine passport for verification, but it would have been seen as potentially too politically unpopular.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
She thinks she's MTG but using a Democrat label.

Not cute. Not funny.

And civic duty overrides vacations.
Exactly.

She needs to be voted out.

bobjr

Staff member
She’s almost 40 points underwater with Dems since she decided to play this role, so I don’t see how she survives a primary.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
She’s almost 40 points underwater with Dems since she decided to play this role, so I don’t see how she survives a primary.
No Dem is winning Arizona after the primary until Voting Rights are secured.

JourneymanN00b

Today the national eviction ban expires, because neither Biden, Congress, or the CDC did jack squat to renew it past July 31. Which is a MOMUMENTAL screwup. I have family that works with the homeless or those who are in the "At Risk at Homelessness" category. According to said family members, the people in the latter category are freaking out about this big time. People of color are the ones that are being hit hard the most. This is the sort of crap that will depress turnout for the Democrats, folks.

Apologies for the language, but getting evicted is not funny. At all.

bobjr

Staff member
Personally I think there is not a single chance in the world that the wife of a man who made, and continues to make, his millions in San Francisco real estate and debt collection wasn't aware of this from day one.

That they just had a voice vote that was blocked means that there were enough Dems present that disagreed with keeping it going, but leadership didn’t want to put names to it.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The Democrats want to kill the poor just as much as the Republicans, they just realize they should try to avoid saying as much in public.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The Democrats want to kill the poor just as much as the Republicans, they just realize they should try to avoid saying as much in public.
All politicians want to kill non-sycophants, as well as anarchists.

It's almost like negative urges are brought forth by being involved with power struggles, no matter who you are or what you adhere to.

Pelosi is still a piece of ****.

Poke Trainer J

Mayor Bill de Blasio announced New Yorkers will soon need to show proof of vaccination for most indoor events:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

U.S. Constitution: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the CONSENT of the governed,-That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to ABOLISH it."

bobjr

Staff member
Also in the 1770’s: “you have a 50% chance of dying before adulthood due to things like disease, wonder how you’d feel if that didn’t have to happen”

All the conservatives, centrists, and Khive cretins eating **** on my timeline right now gives me life, after the White House back pedaled, extending the moratorium when they said they couldn't.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
We never were.

And we won't.

This was patently obvious from the start.

It's almost like people should make contingencies outside of the government helping them, because they exist to keep things in lockstep for the rich to avoid the precedent that rich people can be prosecuted for their crimes, since US law is based on precedent.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
We’re not losing student debt
Okay, never mind that this is complete ghoul ****, because I have nothing else to add there -- it's true and we should all say it. I'm just kind of in awe about the "didn't know student debt was a thing" thing. Mostly on the basis of the fact that I ****ing assure you that it's false.