• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

JourneymanN00b

What a colossal waste and mess of an election this was. California needs to raise the recall threshold so this does not happen again. Thank you, California, for rejecting fascism. May the fascist tears (and threats to move out) commence. Personally, I would recommend Tennessee or Arkansas as nice places for the California fascists to relocate. There's plenty of white supremacists for them to hang out with there.

Last edited:

Zora

perpetually tired
I'm somewhat confident California will redress the situation. Constitutional amendments are easy enough to pass, Congress can expedite getting reform on the ballot with their supermajority, and I feel enough Californians were pissed off at this god damn shitshow that a simple majority is probably trivial.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
1 in 500 Americans have died of Covid now, and that’s just officially reported deaths.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have an exodus of medical personal leaving only because of overload

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
All I know is that the nursing home I work at has far less employees working in the kitchen than what is ideal and the nursing aides on the units aren’t enough as some nights there will only be one aide for an entire unit which has at least ten residents who all have specific needs and can’t be left completely alone and have no one check in on them.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
One issue with nurses like that is they are really underpaid in a lot of cases. It’s hard to sell people like that on 12 dollars an hour.

And another related problem is complaints that people working service jobs without training make almost as much or more, in the sense they should somehow be making less, instead of focusing on ways for everyone to make a living wage

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
One issue with nurses like that is they are really underpaid in a lot of cases. It’s hard to sell people like that on 12 dollars an hour.

And another related problem is complaints that people working service jobs without training make almost as much or more, in the sense they should somehow be making less, instead of focusing on ways for everyone to make a living wage
how is it legal to pay nurses only $12/hr? That is actually insane.

JourneymanN00b

Hey, thank you to whoever changed the thread title to U.S. Politics 2021! It's about time that it got updated away from 2017 and into the (mostly) post-President Trump era. I would have preferred "Democracy's Last Chance to Shine", but "Ignore the Neighslayers" is definitely a nice title for this thread!

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
NY is set to have its medically trained National Guard members replace unvaccinated medical workers that’ll automatically be fired by midnight for not complying with the state’s vaccine mandate in case of any staff shortages.

KRSplat

Unevolved Mankey
Once again, the states government have failed to elect a certifyed nurse to be the president,
Congress sqruabling over apply juice and saltine crackers,
and the government is not able to diagnose and treat illness
b/c the government is more focus on gerrymanders and filibusters instead of symptoms and recovery.
The government will never be a place where people feel confident about going when they feel ill
Until the employees of government elect change their mind about their career path.
The healthcare industry will supplant the government until consumers decide to take their business elsewhere.
The president is allowing lobbyist to represent their opinion on legislature in congress,
and the healthcare industry doesn't care b/c they are pre-occupyed w/ their consumers.
The healthcare industry will never form a significant 3rd party to contend against the democrat and republic in states government partys
The government have not yet passed a clean bill of health to the states and never will.

The local mints cannot guarantee that production of coins will be able to increase production rate to guarantee the
potential increase of compensation for workers, also.
Workers can expect their compensation to continue at a standardized rate, if they expect to be compensate in coins.
There are not enough minerals in worlds to simply provide limitless issuances of coins to all workers.
It is going to be shafting the mining industry when there is an expectation of limitless compensation of all workers in coins.
The monetary currency of the U$D will continue to be a scarce resource b/c people think it is like
₱ok€¥€₦ and an indefinite economic inflation will just continue to request resource from the economirc sector.
It make more sense to undo the economic inflation of the prior era, so that price inflation can be reversed and thus
the monetary compensation will be proportionate to the price of goods and services.
There cannot be an economy that allows limitless monetary gains when ascribing to a monetary currency that is
backed by natural resource. To remove all the minerals and make coins for people to have more U$D would lead to
the environment being diminished and the agriculture industry would go out of stock since crops refuse to grow
without minerals in the soil b/c then all the minerals were used for coins.
Eventually labourers have to learn to accept the fact that ultimately they are working toward an imaginary compensation
based on the principle of sound labor,
there have to be a direct reward from the work being done in order for it to be worth having been done.
The mints could withhold distribution of all coins entirely and it would be their prerogative,
The mines could simply decide there is no more minerals here to make coins.
Nurse Joy never ask for half the trainers funds to heal all the pokemons.
It's irrational b/c the states economy is still built upon the foundation of unpaid labourers in the agriculture industry.
Migrant workers are being unpaid while creating the structures the economy relys on.
It's unfair to increase compensatory payments for labourers or workers that already are being paid,
before there is a guarantee that all the employees are being paid,
Increase of funds for those w/ already high funds, when those w/ low funds are still waiting for funds to increase, doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
congrats to USA for its covid numbers, its well on its way to 1 million in a few months..... it may not hit that grim number with the 4th wave but if there is a 5th wave then its all but guaranteed...

also excuse my ignorance but can USA partially solve its debt crisis by dipping into the military budget? it might not cover all teh costs but it could pay off a good chunk of them with enough years of repeated reallocations. an easy $600 billion a year budget wont be hurt too much if a third goes to pay the debts. 200 billion might not make much of a dent in a 16.6 trillion debt but it should make a decent solution to the current situation. im sure they can find other overblown budget areas that wouldnt be hurt by reallocating funds to what they really need to pass to keep the country afloat.

KRSplat

Unevolved Mankey
-There is no chance b/c after team USA performance at bball olympics none care about team USA bball anymore
I don't get what you mean, just formulate this into an algebraic equation

d = debt , b = budget , f = fiscal quarters

0 – d = b × f
(-d)÷f=b
b=(-d)÷f

Presuming a negative number debt,
in this example equation, a question of macroeconomy is being simplifyed into algebra

You can use those numbers for variables in one of the equations and calculate the answer w/ arithmatic or a calculator

Your variables were:
d = -16,600,000m
b = (600,000m÷3)

{ where M is a factor of a million }

I don't understand your rationale for referencing team USA in this context.
Were you asking about math or macroeconomy, or something beyond that scope?
The states government policy is selling bonds to china and it continues to create debt
Debt will continue to increase until china stops purchasing bonds
States economy is based upon the manufacturing of bills

The monetary currency "USD" is literally described as a debt to the treasury
If you read the labeling on "USD" it is argued the bill is a debt to the treasury
And nation "USA" also cannot guarantee its ability to go out of debt,
since many other nations also are using "USD" as its monetary currency,
thus the stats are skewed in the sense "USA" have to claim debt for "USD"
when the debt in "USD" is a factor of an indefinite amount of nations using "USD"
w/o being in "USA"

AFAIK, states government won't even bother to perpetually address this dilemma,
a resolution cannot be found until the mints have produced enough money,
to fund the government w/o having to go into debt

Which is also illogical b/c the mint provide the money to the treasury,
the government allows the treasury to then distribute and/or then recirculate the money,
and the government can't try to recoup its debt w/o having to go into business,
and then once the government has transitioned into a business seeking revenue,
it won't be a legitimate government anymore.
Attempting to gain profit or revenue would shift the government into a business.

Furthermore consider the "USA" sourcing its funding through tax
Tax being a "<100%" percentage of the money being put into circulation via treasury
There is no way if you compare the treasury circulating 100% of USD,
And USA having to fund government with a <100% percentage of that,
In order to balance its budget w/ its debt, then USA government have to either impose 100% tax on all USD,
or convince treasury to give all the money directly to the government
That also doesn't make sense, IMO

A government is not a business so its prioritys have to change before this will take place

-I don't understand also what the military have to do with this,
team USA bball lacks military involvement in macroeconomy

Last edited:

PoDiRancher

Getting ready for my tongue to be ripped out. "When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."

Hey, thank you to whoever changed the thread title to U.S. Politics 2021! It's about time that it got updated away from 2017 and into the (mostly) post-President Trump era. I would have preferred "Democracy's Last Chance to Shine", but "Ignore the Neighslayers" is definitely a nice title for this thread!

The irony of a title like "Democracy's Last Chance to Shine" under Biden's "presidency" would be amazing, seeing as even 31% of us independents and 17% of Democrats believe the election may have been rigged, not to mention the many Republicans (I forgot the figure for them but it's substantially higher, as you'd expect). Not really a shining Democracy when so many people aren't sure of the results. While there's limited evidence of significant voter fraud, as Clarence Thomas, "an election free from strong evidence of systemic fraud is not alone sufficient for election confidence."

That's probably partly why many people are reluctant to return to work in a lot cases, that's not a lot of money for any kind of job, really.

Alright, this pro-life bullsh*t is getting on my last nerve.

Texas has one of the worst foster care systems in the country, and yet the state government wants to force hundreds more children into that system, where they will be physically, mentally, and sexually abused. This is on top of forcing women to carry those children to full term, some of them being pregnant via sexual assault.

Seriously, does any pro-life person actually think about their stance? Do they ever consider the end result? What even is their goal? These laws do nothing but hurt women and children.
You're saying that like it's a guarantee that those children will be abused. Where's your data to support that it's such a bad foster care system? Regardless, I'm sure if you asked them if they're grateful to be alive or if they'd rather have been killed, then most would answer they're glad they weren't killed. The "better off dead than in foster care" argument is an especially callous one, even by pro-abortion standards.

Do you think about your stance? The right to life is the one thing everyone should have, from conception until natural death--at no stage in our existence should have our right to be decided by people playing God. The end result is preventing an innocent human life from being killed just because it's inconvenient or doesn't meet your arbitrary criteria for the right to not be destroyed. What more goal does one need than to protect a young life?

Kayne West said it best; "You have never met someone who said, 'I had this child and it was the worst thing.'" I'd also add, there's a lot of people who regret having abortions. In fact, look at Kanye himself, the world would have been robbed of this genius musical artist and strong black leader (and hopefully president one day). He said "My mom saved my life. My dad wanted to abort me. My mom saved my life. There would've been no Kanye West because my dad was too busy."

Not to go on a tangent, but I don't think we pro-lifers don't hold men accountable enough, nor does society as a whole. A lot of (rightful) attention goes to the lack of reproduction rights men have over their own offspring, but the other side of that coin is the men who refuse responsibility and encourage or even coerce women into unwanted abortions. That's ignored by the pro-abortion side and doesn't get enough attention by the pro-life side.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Getting ready for my tongue to be ripped out. "When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."

The irony of a title like "Democracy's Last Chance to Shine" under Biden's "presidency" would be amazing, seeing as even 31% of us independents and 17% of Democrats believe the election may have been rigged, not to mention the many Republicans (I forgot the figure for them but it's substantially higher, as you'd expect). Not really a shining Democracy when so many people aren't sure of the results. While there's limited evidence of significant voter fraud, as Clarence Thomas, "an election free from strong evidence of systemic fraud is not alone sufficient for election confidence."

That's probably partly why many people are reluctant to return to work in a lot cases, that's not a lot of money for any kind of job, really.

You're saying that like it's a guarantee that those children will be abused. Where's your data to support that it's such a bad foster care system? Regardless, I'm sure if you asked them if they're grateful to be alive or if they'd rather have been killed, then most would answer they're glad they weren't killed. The "better off dead than in foster care" argument is an especially callous one, even by pro-abortion standards.

Do you think about your stance? The right to life is the one thing everyone should have, from conception until natural death--at no stage in our existence should have our right to be decided by people playing God. The end result is preventing an innocent human life from being killed just because it's inconvenient or doesn't meet your arbitrary criteria for the right to not be destroyed. What more goal does one need than to protect a young life?

Kayne West said it best; "You have never met someone who said, 'I had this child and it was the worst thing.'" I'd also add, there's a lot of people who regret having abortions. In fact, look at Kanye himself, the world would have been robbed of this genius musical artist and strong black leader (and hopefully president one day). He said "My mom saved my life. My dad wanted to abort me. My mom saved my life. There would've been no Kanye West because my dad was too busy."

Not to go on a tangent, but I don't think we pro-lifers don't hold men accountable enough, nor does society as a whole. A lot of (rightful) attention goes to the lack of reproduction rights men have over their own offspring, but the other side of that coin is the men who refuse responsibility and encourage or even coerce women into unwanted abortions. That's ignored by the pro-abortion side and doesn't get enough attention by the pro-life side.

First off, no one is pro-abortion. It's called "pro-choice" for a reason.

Second, I do not agree with abortion. I do believe it is murder, and the idea of it bothers me. HOWEVER, I also know since I cannot get pregnant, my opinion on it shouldn't be a deciding factor.

Third, I have spoken to those children. I went to school with foster kids. There were foster kids in my family. I grew up watching them suffer. I grew up watching them die, and as a mere adolescent I could do nothing about it. It is why I advocate for them now. It is clear you have yet to actually speak to these unwanted children. It is clear you haven't checked to see where they end up.

Fourth, with that said, feel free to look up the current and ongoing issues with Texas' foster care system. Then feel free to look up the current issues of foster care within your own state.

Fifth, the Pro-Life party is filled with people who'll never have to deal with consequences of pregnancy and abortion, in particular, men who cannot have children. This is the biggest irony to the movement. You want to make decisions on something that doesn't even affect you. It's no different from straight people trying to ban same-sex marriage. It's easy to ban something when you don't have to bare the consequences of that ban. Is there ever a question as to why men who are Pro-Life have yet to ban vasectomies? That prevents the creation of life entirely.

Sixth, and finally, if you truly do care for these children, help them after they're born:
- Improve the foster care system
- Improve the education system
- Promote better access to child healthcare
- Make it easier same-sex couples to adopt
- Combat child sex trafficking
- Combat school bullying
- Promote access to mental health services for children

There are millions of children already here that need your help. If you truly are Pro-Life, actually support their lives.

Rep. Frederica Wilson said it best: "You only care about a fetus until the moment it is born."

Last edited: