• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It's less that I feel, it's just that they need to actually run on tangible stuff, and being a former Clintonite might hold more baggage than a candidate wants.

VA Dems as a party have pushed a ton of good stuff the past couple years, but this is usually the sign of what the National Party is doing, and unfortunately while having total control keep not doing stuff.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It's clear that we're watching the death throes of the Democratic Party. The people don't want them anymore, and it's clear that there's no place for them in America anymore.
I think its a sign that both parties, in their current forms, are dying, and that we are in the middle of a major political realignment.

The Democrats cant get out of their own way and actually do things to help people, like we’re seeing now in Congress, and that is turning off key voting blocks. Look at the fight going on in Congress now - two nominally Democratic Senators are the roadblock to any substantial reform or economic investment.

The Republicans are also dying, though. They have to resort to rigging the system through partisan gerrymandering and voter suppression laws to retain control in a losing battle against demographics. They don’t offer anything substantial on a policy front that would actually help voters. Its mostly just “culture war” stuff, tax cuts to undermine the social safety net, and keeping people wound tight through fear. They unleashed and cheered on a beast in the form of the Tea Party and Donald Trump, and they are losing control of it as policy-oriented politicians are replaced by…well…I’ll just stop there.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I know that but I mean I don’t know any of their names! Or what they are running for.
its useful to be aware of that these days. the Q people and crazy people are slowly running for local offices in a bid to aim at higher positions. scary stuff.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
"White people don't want to feel guilty about being mean or bad, but da liberals will make us feel bad" was born of the internet, and has become mainstream Republican recruiting.

Meanwhile, leftists continue to wait for the perfect leftest leftist who will lash out for them against those who let them suffer...any day now...

bobjr

Staff member
Exit polls are showing leftists coming out and voting like they usually do, but they always get the blame despite having no real party power, as you’ll likely see the next year as the Dems yet again fail to provide popular legislation that doesn’t motivate anyone, while all the GOP candidate has to do is get people mad at the moon.

The big things so far are white people in general swung back hard, mostly motivated by CRT, and the National party not really doing or adversing much, just cutting more and telling people they aren’t getting anything. Local elections purely being about local issues might go away, nearly every major one seemed to deal with national issues and reputations.

bobjr

Staff member
A third wave Clintonite lost by a few percent, while running a miserable campaign that didn’t motivate people at all.

The state is far from lost, but the likely voting restrictions put in place will make things harder for sure.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
A third wave Clintonite lost by a few percent, while running a miserable campaign that didn’t motivate people at all.

The state is far from lost, but the likely voting restrictions put in place will make things harder for sure.
It's clear that the voters there don't want Democratic policies. I can't imagine what far right lunatics they'll elect to replace Mark Warner and Tim Kaine.

bobjr

Staff member
Polls clearly indicate that all people want the things that Joe Manchin and Kristin Sinema have stripped from Biden’s signature legislation. They really have nothing to run on because they are incapable of providing anyone anything they want. They’re literally the party of “we’ll stop the leopards from eating some faces.”

Republicans provide exactly what they campaign on. It isn’t any improvement in the lives of their constituents, but they’re doing exactly what they promise to do. They’re face eating leopards, and when elected they eat faces.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I'm not blaming the people who got off their a**.

I'm blaming the people who refused to participate in stopping fascism because they'd rather wait for somebody to start a workers' revolution that will eliminate their need to work when the robot labor takes over, allowing them to do their art full-time....from home...like they already were...

I'm blaming those who would rather let facism win then even temporarily halt it, for a "told you so" smugass moment before they're executed, enslaved, chopped up, raped, lobotomized and/or euthanized.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Dems should abandon Virginia. They hate Biden and Dems there and love Trump. It's an extreme red state.

bobjr

Staff member
We literally have a huge labor movement happening right now, but the Dems only have been taking things that benefit them out of their huge bill that is now a fraction of what it was.

It’s going to be the same with Student debt, if you tell people that something will be done, only to go back on it and say it won’t, but you still need to do all the work to support us, no duh it’s going to demotivate voters. Voters need to see tangible results that affect their lives positively to motivate them, not the promise that things probably won’t get worse.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
We literally have a huge labor movement happening right now, but the Dems only have been taking things that benefit them out of their huge bill that is now a fraction of what it was.

It’s going to be the same with Student debt, if you tell people that something will be done, only to go back on it and say it won’t, but you still need to do all the work to support us, no duh it’s going to demotivate voters. Voters need to see tangible results that affect their lives positively to motivate them, not the promise that things probably won’t get worse.
A few strikes does not equal a "huge" movement.

Maybe non-laborers who cannot, have not and will never labor should stop telling laborers how all labor should be replaced with robots like it's The Jetsons, in order to stop appearing to devalue them.

When your idea of the ideal future is an outdated Atompunk one but with acceptance and equality as an afterthought...but still purged of non-believers, you're going to naturally lose people.

People don't want to be "reeducated" killed for not supporting The Cause, and/or/then replaced with robots.

bobjr

Staff member
People want: universal healthcare (medical, dental, hearing, vision, Rx, etc), universal childcare, an increase to the minimum wage, student debt relief, good roads, good schools, and other things that make life easier for the bulk of people, which also helps labor movements.

We literally have a huge supply chain problem partially because people are not working until they feel they are paid adequately for their efforts, it’s the most power labor has had in months.

Also exit polling is showing Virginia roughly the same as 2020, but white women, especially parents, went from barely going Trump to going Younkin 3-1. Take away from that what you will, but the GOP has found a huge thing to exploit and tie the Dems to, and they will not get out of it by running like they did in Virginia.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
People want: universal healthcare (medical, dental, hearing, vision, Rx, etc), universal childcare, an increase to the minimum wage, student debt relief, good roads, good schools, and other things that make life easier for the bulk of people, which also helps labor movements.

We literally have a huge supply chain problem partially because people are not working until they feel they are paid adequately for their efforts, it’s the most power labor has had in months.

Also exit polling is showing Virginia roughly the same as 2020, but white women, especially parents, went from barely going Trump to going Younkin 3-1. Take away from that what you will, but the GOP has found a huge thing to exploit and tie the Dems to, and they will not get out of it by running like they did in Virginia.
Online buzz =/= real-life backing. Most labor is still going, and isn't using any power because they're content.

If there is an actual, non-exaggerated labor wave, and leftist policies are popular IRL, why has there not been a revolution, since that's what the revolutionaries are waiting for? Their ideas to be popular. Almost like it's all fluff meant to get people to buy art and treatises.

I never trust online polls and questionnaires for this exact reason. They're easy to lie to and exaggerate the meaningfulness of.

The fundamental problem is that the end goal of the labor movement is to dissolve the need for human labor at all by replacing it with automation.

Which can be seen by actual IRL laborers as "You used me to feel better". And IS seen as "you plan to use me to feel better". If the end goal of labor is to use labor to end labor but make non-laborers feel better at the cost of laborer's feelings, that comes off as emotional and labor abuse in a parallel way to what employers do.

Maybe abandon the automation of labor as the goal of labor rights, and people might start listening.

bobjr

Staff member
But I’m saying pay them more, give them healthcare, and give them rights as workers. Do they not actually want that stuff?

Also don’t get me wrong, Biden being the most pro-labor President in 40 years is largely a huge joke, but things have to start somewhere

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
But I’m saying pay them more, give them healthcare, and give them rights as workers. Do they not actually want that stuff?
They've been convinced otherwise by people who claim to hate automation and tickle their ids by absolving them of guilt for them and their ancestors' actions.

And actually know how to manipulate the internet in ways that affect modern laborers, instead of a text definition of such.

Ascended Dialga

On a more positive note, a progressive named Michelle Wu was elected mayor of Boston. I wish I could say something similar about Buffalo...

bobjr

Staff member
As much as the Buffalo race had problems it does show the flaws in "Vote Blue no Matter Who", and "You have to win the Primary first" the party touts when progressives win. If they're going to fight harder in stopping the left than actually giving the voters what they promise its hard to motivate those on the left to support them.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Thank you Mr Parhar, your sacrifice won't go unnoticed. No one will miss your flat earth BS and your Convid Denying ranting. I see the horse dewormer medicine worked amazingly to treat the virus, as in it didn't do squat to treat it. May you rest in peace in the depths of hell.

In other news, 7/13 j6 attendees have won their elections a few days ago. Some were re elected and others just got their first seats. I'm sure this trend will continue in the other local elections.

Last edited: