• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

JourneymanN00b

eh I think Kate Brown is more at fault here. Her incompetence basically made the Oregon governorship unnecessarily competitive which I say dragged down alot of sh!t as a result.
True, although the presence of thirty-party candidate Betsy Johnson didn't help things. Screw Kurt Schrader too for endorsing Betsy Johnson as well.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
2002 was also a different scenario for the ruling party, where 9/11 was fresh in everyone's minds, and pushing against war in the middle east cast you as unpatriotic.

2022 we have a terrible economic situation, albeit one that's getting better, but on paper the GOP should have gotten a 50-60 lead. I'd have loved to keep the house, but I think if they get rid of the filibuster in the Senate and give the House popular legislation only for them to ignore it for insane Hunter Biden conspiracies it'll make them look worse for 2024.

Which is also not counting a Trump/Desantis fight that screws over the party more.
The fact that this should've been an easy win for the GOP but yet failed massively instead is basically why I'm frankly entirely satisfied with what Dems have. And the infighting is going to be a living hell for the GOP which I'm all for lmao. Especially Trump vs DeSantis which is heating up since the GOP has blatantly been trying to abandon Trump in favor of DeSantis lmao.

PsychoLogical

But putting that out of the way which I can leave with an actual satisfied thought, now to put two currently important things on the hitlist. The GA runoff and the one that I find to be far more important aka the Wisconsin state Supreme Court election in April. If Dems can get through it with a liberal majority in the Wisconsin state SC, the state can potentially unfck itself from the gerrymandering lmao.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Agreed, but Kurt Schrader also needs to be censured and crucified by the Oregon Dems for basically endorsing the Republican after getting primaried by Jamie McLeod-Skinner. Thanks to his selfishness, his district will now be represented by an alt-right Republican. He is not only an unlikable asshole on a personal level, but he basically was against Trump's second impeachment at first by calling it a "lynching". This is Jeff Van Drew levels of bad, folks.
OR-5 is now a very Republican district. It's so Republican now that they only way Democrats can win is if Chavez-DeRemer is primaried by an even more MAGA Republican, but even then I believe that the MAGA Republican will win. This district is just that red.

PsychoLogical

To think Karen Loser could've actually won that.

Thing is, she could've. Hobbs ran a god awful campaign. Did so bad but still won.

JourneymanN00b

OR-5 is now a very Republican district. It's so Republican now that they only way Democrats can win is if Chavez-DeRemer is primaried by an even more MAGA Republican, but even then I believe that the MAGA Republican will win. This district is just that red.
Biden won the new OR-05 by over 8 points, so I fail to see how that qualifies as a very Republican district. If Kurt Schrader actually supported Jamie McLeod-Skinner like any decent human being would have done, the district would not have gone red. Instead, he complimented Chavez-DeRemer and basically encouraged the district's voters to support her over McLeod-Skinner. Once again, he needs to be BTFO by every Democratic organization in Oregon for aiding fascism in America.

JourneymanN00b

To nobody's surprise, Trump just announced his third run for the presidency.

And so, the destruction begins, folks!!

Let's make sure we have an assault rifle (or at least a semi-automatic rifle like the Kel-Tec RDB carbine I own) and at least 100 rounds of ammunition for it. We're going to need it to defend ourselves from the mobs of fascists that are itching to slaughter every decent human being in the name of promoting Trump's racism, xenophobia, and theocracy. We got 2 years at most before to train ourselves to the level of marksmanship that the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers have attained in their preparations to destroy democracy and bring about an insurrection that will make 1/6 look like child's play.

JourneymanN00b

Forgot to add those links, but these two games are some great stress relievers that can help us get through the next two years. I recommend you try them here and here.

PsychoLogical

meh, I got Fire Emblem and Pokemon taking those roles :]

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Biden won the new OR-05 by over 8 points, so I fail to see how that qualifies as a very Republican district. If Kurt Schrader actually supported Jamie McLeod-Skinner like any decent human being would have done, the district would not have gone red. Instead, he complimented Chavez-DeRemer and basically encouraged the district's voters to support her over McLeod-Skinner. Once again, he needs to be BTFO by every Democratic organization in Oregon for aiding fascism in America.
I believe that OR-5 will flip and go to the Republican candidate in 2024.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, as we wait for the results, here is the situation in Ukraine:

*On Ukrainian side, the current objectives are Melitopol, Berdyansk, and Mariupol, as well as northern Luhansk. Northern Luhansk is largely rural, and pro-Russian forces have largely left there, but getting that territory back would not provide strategic advantage for Ukraine at this point. Regaining Melitopol is slightly more important, but Ukraine does not have the muscle power for that yet.

Despite Ukrainian claims of war ending by Christmas, the most likely outcome is that there won't be significant change during winter, and the three aforementioned cities will take throughout the 2023, with Mariupol possibly stretching to early 2024 if Russians change tactic, and actually try to fight an urban war.

*On Russian side, the current objective is to get northern Donestk, with most of the battles going on around Ugledar, and Bakhmut. Russia has advanced there slightly, thanks to the Kherson withdrawal, but Russian objective seems to be currently to weaken Ukraine during winter, and hope for right-wing (and to lesser extent left-wing) revolts in Europe due to upcoming harsh winter. This is unlikely to be successful, but it will delay the conflict for the end of the next year at least (the war itself will likely last until 2027, even if Russia withdraws completely the civil war will simply continue).
On DeSantis vs. Trump axis, most polls have returned to having Trump as the leading candidate, and this will likely increase by the end of the next year. Trump is simply more popular than DeSantis with young, and Black Republicans, which means he will certainly win the primaries. Do not be too hopeful for his health either, former presidents continue to get state-funded healthcare, and Trump is way healthier than he looks (otherwise he would have been already dead due to his infamous diet).

If DeSantis is smart, he would wait for 2028 to sweep against Harris, but he is not thankfully, so another Republican will likely come out as the likely leader... unless Trump tries for a third time.

Regarding Florida specifically, early House popular votes suggest Florida is now redder than Kansas, and Iowa (and presumably Texas, though O'Rourke likely outperformed House Dems). This is partially due to DeSantis, but DeSantis actually slightly outperformed Republicans for the House (and Rubio underperformed). Since this is prelimary results, and since this is a midterm year, this shouldn't be taken as gospel, but it shows the overall trend.

Another thing to note, though Dems are closing the gap, Republicans likely gained less seats than their popular vote margins, ie. candidate quality (and lack thereof for Republicans) really mattered more than anything. This is of course obvious in the case of New York, California, and to lesser extent New Jersey, where Democrats ran terrible establishment candidates who lost, but establishment Dems will likely take the accelerationist line, and continue their Pied Piper strategy to weaken Republicans from the inside, and prop themselves up as the "rational" choice.

JourneymanN00b

Is it wrong that I sort of wish that the Death Notebook existed? Because I do have a very clever way of getting rid of the Giant Carrot involving Holy Water.

Nope, it is not wrong that to think that way, as the bastard needs to suffer the consequences for his actions for actively trying to kill us with his insurrection, downplaying the virus, and his other vile actions. I also hope Jr also pays the price for making the majority of us suffer from this **** as well. Trump has had absolutely no problems watching other people suffer and get killed while promoting his complete stupidity and encouraging our destruction.

If we did have something like the Death Notebook in our hands, I personally believe a more fitting and clever way exists, which involves a syringe and either industrial strength bleach or liquid rooter, since he suggested that as a cure. Or, we could always settle for something like this, since he always seems to be afraid of that, since he bans guns at his rallies IIRC.

I hope he burns in hell for all eternity if we get lucky and one of the above *does* happen. This type of retribution should have happened a LONG TIME AGO.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Happy that the "red wave" fizzled (wish the Dems could've held the House though. Going to be a fun 2 years of Congress once again doing nothing because of gridlock) but I'm very concerned about DeSantis' increasing popularity. At this point I'm pretty much rooting for a repeat of 1912 and Trump and DeSantis destroying each other. And maybe even taking the entire GOP with it

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Happy that the "red wave" fizzled but I'm very concerned about DeSantis' increasing popularity. At this point I'm pretty much rooting for a repeat of 1912 and Trump and DeSantis destroying each other. And maybe even taking the entire GOP with it
That could happen this year if DeSantis is the nominee. Trump could run as a third party and suck up GOP votes, allowing the Democrats to win. I think that what ultimately destroys the GOP is not demographic changes, but infighting between the main figures in the party that slowly tear it apart. DeSantis and Trump are already at each other's throats.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Nope, it is not wrong that to think that way, as the bastard needs to suffer the consequences for his actions for actively trying to kill us with his insurrection, downplaying the virus, and his other vile actions. I also hope Jr also pays the price for making the majority of us suffer from this **** as well. Trump has had absolutely no problems watching other people suffer and get killed while promoting his complete stupidity and encouraging our destruction.

If we did have something like the Death Notebook in our hands, I personally believe a more fitting and clever way exists, which involves a syringe and either industrial strength bleach or liquid rooter, since he suggested that as a cure. Or, we could always settle for something like this, since he always seems to be afraid of that, since he bans guns at his rallies IIRC.

I hope he burns in hell for all eternity if we get lucky and one of the above *does* happen. This type of retribution should have happened a LONG TIME AGO.
My entry would have been the Giant Carrot must attend a baptism and he trips and splashes holy water on himself which instantly melts him like the Wicked Witch of the West!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Indiana isn't normally a competitive state. But I believe that will change in 2024, as it's actually the Democrats' best pickup opportunity in the Senate. Senator Mike Braun is vacating this seat to run for Governor, thus leaving it open. I believe that Indiana will be hotly contested in 2024 by Democrats who want to offset major losses and flip a seat and Republicans who want to keep the Hoosier state firmly in their grasp.

JourneymanN00b

Indiana isn't normally a competitive state. But I believe that will change in 2024, as it's actually the Democrats' best pickup opportunity in the Senate. Senator Mike Braun is vacating this seat to run for Governor, thus leaving it open. I believe that Indiana will be hotly contested in 2024 by Democrats who want to offset major losses and flip a seat and Republicans who want to keep the Hoosier state firmly in their grasp.
This might be a hot take, but I think Texas (as much as I have bashed that state in the past) might be a better state for the best pickup opportunity for Democrats. If Ted Cruz does not retire (yes, he is that bad) or if he does and an even worse Republican gets the nomination (coughKenPaxtoncough), then we could see a competitive race. This is under the assumption that the Democrats get their act together and regain much of the ground that they lost in the Rio Grande Valley area. The state has seen Republican victory margins only be in the single digits in the past several cycles, whereas this was not the case for any race in Indiana that did not have Democratic incumbent running in recent years.

Last edited: