• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

JourneymanN00b

Let the Ketchup flow!

Trump now knows his charges (THIRTY FOUR felony counts of falsifying business records) and is not happy about it.

He will FINALLY see Justice….and I am sure there are other things he will be tried for.

• The insurrection
  • Classified documents
  • E. Jean Carroll case
  • And so on
  • And so forth

May he rot in the deepest pits of prison alone (or get shanked by some inmates with some legitimate axes to grind with him, which will probably happen if he is not placed in solitary confinement) and in Hell.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's official. Janet Protasiewicz has flipped the Wisconsin State Supreme Court to liberal control for the first time in 15 years. Once she takes her seat in August the new liberal majority can overturn the state's 1849 abortion ban and throw out the current GOP gerrymanders and allow Democrats to be much more competitive in the legislature. Also progressive Brandon Johnson bested conservative dem Paul Vallas to become the new mayor of Chicago.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.

JourneymanN00b

Hope everyone is open to some news in the U.S. Senate front. Based on what my politically simple mind has read about the important Senate races this cycle, I believe that everyone who does not want to see Mitch McConnell regain control of the Senate should follow the following strategy:

Offense:

Forget about Florida and Texas. Period. The Democrats are stalling to find viable candidates to challenge Ted Cruz and Rick Scott, and the ship has long sailed for these two states. There is also the fact that FAR too much money has gone in the statewide races there over the past several cycles, and the Democrats have lost way too much ground in several key areas there since 2020. And the Democratic organizations there continue to be unable to reverse these losses. As of now, it is impossible for the necessary infrastructure to be developed in these two large states to make any meaningful differences, let alone score any wins.

Instead, I strongly suggest putting all volunteer time and donations for Ruben Gallego's campaign in Arizona. Kyrsten Sinema is currently launching a re-election campaign as an independent, and she risks splitting the vote and letting a Republican flip her seat. If Ruben Gallego gets enough volunteers and sets up a strong ground game by the end of June, a strong enough case can be made to kick Kyrsten Sinema out of the Arizona Senate race and replace her with a real progressive. This is the *only* race that should get serious attention on the offense side.

Ruben Gallego's campaign website can be found here. Anyone who can click the "Get Involved" button and commit to a volunteer event for his campaign has my gratitude.

Defense:

Sherrod Brown in Ohio and Jon Tester in Montana are the key races here, as it is more likely than not that the tipping point for U.S. Senate control comes down to one of these two races. Downballot races are also important at this stage, and strong candidates need to start their campaigns before July to generate the necessary reverse coattail effects to win these states. I would especially like to emphasize making a hard play for Montana's 1st District, as Ryan Zinke only won by 3.1 points last November and failed to get 50% of the vote. Jon Tester will need to win that area by a sizable margin in order to get a fourth term in the Senate.

West Virginia is pretty much an auto-flip, as Jim Justice plans to run for the Senate, which will secure the win for the Republicans there, no matter if Joe Manchin chooses to run for re-election or not.

Besides Ohio and Montana, Michigan also needs some support, as Debbie Stabenow is retiring, leaving behind an open seat that the Republicans are already redoubling their takeover efforts in. Elissa Slotkin seems to have locked up Democratic support there, so it probably would be beneficial to take a look at her campaign to see what kind of help is most beneficial for her.

There are also a large number of Senate seats held by Democrats this cycle that could flip under specific circumstances, so defense should take up 95% of the resources devoted to keeping the Republicans from flipping the Senate. If there is interest here, I can probably shed some light on the current situation on any such state that fits that criteria.

Litleonid

Florida and Texas are truly a lost cause, and its genuinely frustrating because of how hopeless the situation for Democrats are in those two states. Its even more frustrating because Florida used to be a swing state, but now its becoming an increasingly red state with the most disgusting piece of human garbage imaginable leading the state.

Arizona we should definitely focus on because Arizona seems like its starting to shift blue. Krysten Sinema has been more of a detriment to the Democrat party than anything. We need to get another solid Democrat in with Mark Kelly.

I'm worried though about the seats we have to defend considering we have West Virginia. Ohio is a concerning one also.

JourneymanN00b

Florida and Texas are truly a lost cause, and its genuinely frustrating because of how hopeless the situation for Democrats are in those two states. Its even more frustrating because Florida used to be a swing state, but now its becoming an increasingly red state with the most disgusting piece of human garbage imaginable leading the state.

Arizona we should definitely focus on because Arizona seems like its starting to shift blue. Krysten Sinema has been more of a detriment to the Democrat party than anything. We need to get another solid Democrat in with Mark Kelly.

I'm worried though about the seats we have to defend considering we have West Virginia. Ohio is a concerning one also.
Nice to know that you are thinking along the same lines that I am when it comes to Senate races. I can tell you that Ruben Gallego definitely fits the "solid Democrat" category and is probably the most progressive option out there when it comes to picking Arizona's next Senator. He has a special fire to his rhetoric that will absolutely put the MAGAts in their place (especially when it comes to how they handle firearms). Almost all of the people I know in Arizona plan to knock doors for him as soon as his campaign sets up their first canvassing events.

If you are not busy working on another race, are you able to donate to Ruben Gallego's campaign or sign up for any of his volunteer opportunities? Last I heard, Ruben Gallego needs to raise $3 million by the end of June to get his ground operations running, and his campaign team is still tallying up available volunteers to run events. If the answer is yes to any of this, I would highly appreciate it.

--

Anyway, I forgot to mention Arizona's downballot races, which I will do since there are several important ones which need support to get the progressive base firing for Ruben Gallego to win the Senate race in 2024.

First off, there is Arizona's 1st District, where David Schweikert only won by 0.8 points last November against a Democrat who was a poor fit for the area. Four Democrats have already launched their campaigns: State Representative Amish Shah, orthodontist Andrew Horne, former Arizona Democratic chairman Andrei Cherny, and former CEO Red Cross Kurt Kromer. The only candidate who I think has some issues is Amish Shah, since he voted for a religious exception for a bill banning LGBTQ+ conversion and against access to over-the-counter birth control pills. Marlene Galan Woods, former AG Grant Woods' widow, also is exploring a run for the district and is probably going to be a favorite should she indeed get in.

Then, there is Arizona's 6th district, where Juan Ciscomani won by 1.4 points last November against former State Senator Kirsten Engel. This is a somewhat harder area for Arizona's Democrats, and not a lot of active organization is taking place yet. It seems that the Democrats there are opting for the retread route, as Kirsten Engel is the only Democrat who has declared a run so far. Given that she underperformed the presidential baseline by a noticeable margin, Democrats need to find and support a new candidate here. My choice would be former State Representative Daniel Hernandez, as he would have a lot of synergy with Ruben Gallego, who endorsed him when he ran for the district last cycle.

Biden won both of these areas in 2020, so these races are crucial for providing Ruben Gallego with enough reverse coattails to secure the win.

I hope people are interested in (or can tolerate at the very least) the constructive suggestions on what can be done to replace Kyrsten Sinema with a real progressive come November 2024. I plan to talk about Michigan's key races next if enough people want to hear about how we can hold the open Senate seat there.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

nah, there's technically still hope in Texas. Florida on the other hand however, is truly a lost cause.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
nah, there's technically still hope in Texas. Florida on the other hand however, is truly a lost cause.
Florida had low turnout in 2022. Plus the Dems decided to put up an ex-Republican instead of an actual Democrat. At least the party might be able to put its **** back together again with a new party chair.

JourneymanN00b

Alright folks, since I have not heard of any objections, I will talk about Michigan’s important downballot races, as there are several of them that need support from now until November 2024 in order to prevent a MAGAt from succeeding retiring Debbie Stabenow’s in the U.S. Senate. And an open Senate seat in Michigan *is* a serious concern, as I still remember how Michigan’s 2020 Senate race was way too close for comfort. In fact, Gary Peters, who was an *incumbent* no less, underperformed Joe Biden by over a point. So I hope everyone can understand why I view Michigan’s downballot races as something to focus on this cycle, and welcome anyone who is willing to help out Elissa Slotkin and the Democrats who are running in the following races:

First off, there is Michigan’s 7th district, whose House seat Elissa Slotkin is giving up in order to run for the Senate. As a lot of people probably know, an open seat, especially one where Joe Biden won by only 0.5 points, has a much higher chance of flipping to the other party than one whose incumbent is running for reelection. And to my general disgust, former State Senator Tom Barrett is already running in this district for a second time on the Republican side. Unless a strong Democrat steps in soon, Tom Barrett has a serious chance of winning this time. Unfortunately, the Democrats in this area are running into a recruitment problem, with Lansing Mayor Andy Schor and State Senator Sam Singh both declining to run. As of now, *no* Democrat has announced a campaign in that district, which is allowing Tom Barrett time to acquire resources and set the narrative against the eventual Democratic nominee for this district. The likeliest Democrats to enter the race are State Senator Sarah Anthony, State Representative Julie Brixie, and Ingham County Clerk Barbara Bryum.

Second, there is Michigan’s 10th district, where John James, Gary Peters’ challenger in 2020, only won by 0.5 points there against an underfunded Democrat. While this district is a tougher lift since it voted for Donald Trump by 1 point, Gary Peters won this area in his close call against John James. Unlike Michigan’s 7th district, there are three Democrats who are campaigning in Michigan’s 10th district. They are gun control activist Emily Busch, financial planner Diane Young, and past Michigan’s 9th district nominee Brian Steven Jaye. Emily Busch tentatively has the most promising campaign so far, but this is one where I would suggest just checking out if there are any upcoming volunteer events from any of these candidates before making any donations.

Since I have now said my piece regarding important downballot races in Michigan, I will now end my posting about congressional districts for now. I hope this is of some use when it comes to keeping Michigan out of the MAGAt column in 2024, and thank everyone for reading.

Ascended Dialga

JourneymanN00b

Aaand Joe Biden has officially announced his 2024 reelection bid.

From a realpolitik way, he probably gets renominated without too much difficulty. He was far from my first choice in the 2020 primaries, but I do not think a serious primary challenger emerges this time around, since the establishment wants to avoid another Jimmy Carter vs. Ted Kennedy occurence. Regarding the Biden and Trump rematch, which will unfortunately happen, I think it is lean Biden, but the victory margin will be a lot closer that it needs to be, since Biden's approval ratings and age are worrying.

I REALLY hope we get an ACTUAL progressive as the Democratic nominee in 2028, and believe that the next 4 years need to put to use to build the bench for that purpose.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
We really do need a younger, more progressive Democrat in office. While I think President Biden can probably still win reelection against tRump, the boomer's time to lead is done.
Yea we do. Thing is, anyone more progressive gets blocked. It's beyond frustrating.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.

Well, our buddy Steven Crowder is certainly being put through the wringer. Wish I could say this is the end of his career, but we all know that his supporters don't live in our reality and will continue to ignore all wrongdoing anyways.