• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's official. In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court has voted to reject the Independent State Legislature Theory, which states that the state legislatures have sole authority over how states ran their elections. Justices Roberts, Kavanaugh, and Barrett joined the three liberal justices in the landmark ruling in the Moore v. Harper case.

JourneymanN00b

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

As a university professor, this is horrific. Besides not using the HEROES Act (instead using a much weaker law), the court struck down a massive source of debt relief for many people.

I see it in my students. Loans don't cover everything, so they work. As the cost of college and living increases, there's a strong correlation between poor grades and working excessively. There are only so many hours in a week that studying goes out the door.

JourneymanN00b

As a university professor, this is horrific. Besides not using the HEROES Act (instead using a much weaker law), the court struck down a massive source of debt relief for many people.

I see it in my students. Loans don't cover everything, so they work. As the cost of college and living increases, there's a strong correlation between poor grades and working excessively. There are only so many hours in a week that studying goes out the door.

Yet another example of the Fascist Court taking this country backwards by killing programs meant to give non-Legacy and non-white people a real shot.

It is WAY past time to pack the ****ING court. As expected, Clarence Thomas and all three of tRump’s picks have proven to be liars, hypocrites, and in the pockets of billionaires.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I would like to thank Rep. Grace Napolitano for her long service in Congress. She has just announced today that she will not run for re-election in 2024. She is only the second member of the House to retire without running for another office, after Rep. Victoria Spartz.

JourneymanN00b

JourneymanN00b

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Just the charges he was already facing were enough that he should spend his last years in a federal prison if convicted. The question ultimately boils down to whether or not former presidents/the rich and famous are actually just completely immune to the consequences of their actions, and I'm not holding my breath on the answer.

The silver lining (perhaps) is that maybe if he does get off the hook, more centrists (read: liberals) might realize the judicial system is a ****ing joke and "rule of law" is actually just a bludgeon wielded by the owning class against the working class and is almost never applied the other way around.

JourneymanN00b

The twice impeached and now thrice indicted Orange Pervert is likely going to prison this time, thankfully.

Is it possible that he faces the death penalty from any of these charges?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The indictment says they intend to prove that Trump only appears to be a total moron because he is just lying and will say anything - no matter how crazy or dumb - to support the lie.

Trump's own lawyers are the ones saying he is delusional and too stupid to really know what he was doing and was just being mislead by malicious people in his orbit.

JourneymanN00b

The twice impeached and now thrice indicted Orange Pervert is likely going to prison this time, thankfully.

Is it possible that he faces the death penalty from any of these charges?

Just checked, and the answer is unfortunately no, as treason is not one of the 78 charges he currently faces. Too bad, as I would have liked to see him get pumped full of pentobarbital, which is Georgia’s choice for lethal injections.

Apparently more information (and possibly new charges) could be coming at Thursday at 4 pm EDT, though.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Just checked, and the answer is unfortunately no, as treason is not one of the 78 charges he currently faces. Too bad, as I would have liked to see him get pumped full of pentobarbital, which is Georgia’s choice for lethal injections.

Apparently more information (and possibly new charges) could be coming at Thursday at 4 pm EDT, though.
And treason can actually only be given out during times of war. The legal definition of treason is "Being caught aiding a country that the United States has currently declared war on".

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
If found guilty by a jury, he qualifies for the death penalty on charge #4 Conspiracy Against Rights.

He won't get it, but it's technically an option.

JourneymanN00b

And treason can actually only be given out during times of war. The legal definition of treason is "Being caught aiding a country that the United States has currently declared war on".
That makes sense.

Too bad his Espionage act violations do not count for the death penalty. Trump clearly intended to sell or trade the documents (probably to Russia), which are the only two reasons for why he resisted returning the documents.

Hell, the death penalty was pursued for attempted espionage before, according to the below story:

If found guilty by a jury, he qualifies for the death penalty on charge #4 Conspiracy Against Rights.

He won't get it, but it's technically an option.

Hey, nice find. I hope to hell this is pursued if he is guilty, as an execution would be the only way this country unites against the fascist traitors and wipes them from society.