• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Litleonid

I kinda have more faith in the January 6th case thanks to Tanya Chutkan. She's been tough on January 6th insurrectionists apparently. If anythings gonna get him, its this one. First of all, I can't see her delaying it further and furthed out. She's not gonna put up with the BS to delay it until after the 2024 election. If he's convicted, she's not gonna let him go with a slap on the wrist like Aileen Cannon has the potential to do. She could potentially be really bad news for tRump.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I kinda have more faith in the January 6th case thanks to Tanya Chutkan. She's been tough on January 6th insurrectionists apparently. If anythings gonna get him, its this one. First of all, I can't see her delaying it further and furthed out. She's not gonna put up with the BS to delay it until after the 2024 election. If he's convicted, she's not gonna let him go with a slap on the wrist like Aileen Cannon has the potential to do. She could potentially be really bad news for tRump.
Trump will try to get her removed from the case and replaced with someone more friendly to him.

JourneymanN00b

I understand your reasoning and somewhat agree. I believe that she will demonstrate what the consequences are for January 6 in full force and impose the statutory maximum for each of the counts that the orange pervert is guilty of, especially if he is guilty of Conspiracy Against Rights. Nothing less is needed for the country to heal itself from fascism over the past seven years.

Whether she will remain as the judge is a different story.

Litleonid

Trump will try to get her removed from the case and replaced with someone more friendly to him.
I understand your reasoning and somewhat agree. I believe that she will demonstrate what the consequences are for January 6 in full force and impose the statutory maximum for each of the counts that the orange pervert is guilty of, especially if he is guilty of Conspiracy Against Rights. Nothing less is needed for the country to heal itself from fascism over the past seven years.

Whether she will remain as the judge is a different story.
Let's hope that she can. Though at the very least I'd be happy with him simply being barred from holding office ever again.

I absolutely can see him trying to force the case to shift to a more conservative judge he appointed. I don't think its worked too well for him though. I believe he's tried it, recently with Georgia, but it failed? I'd hope that Judge Tanya Chutkan won't be the first.

JourneymanN00b

Let's hope that she can. Though at the very least I'd be happy with him simply being barred from holding office ever again.

I absolutely can see him trying to force the case to shift to a more conservative judge he appointed. I don't think it’s worked too well for him though. I believe he's tried it, recently with Georgia, but it failed? I'd hope that Judge Tanya Chutkan won't be the first.
Simply barring him from office will absolutely not be enough for me. He can still do a lot of damage as a free man. Also, he was far more than a willing participant. He held the highest office of the United States, and was indispensable in the destruction of not just January 6th, but of the right wing violence from 2016 and beyond. And I live in one of the areas which has borne the brunt of that violence and his encouragement of that destruction.

Furthermore, I believe it goes without saying that if the most powerful leaders are found guilty of a punishable crime and is unrepentant of it, the maximum punishment needs to be imposed as a symbolic move to show that these efforts will not be tolerated.

It is for all for these reasons that I will not be satisfied for anything less than the statutory maximum sentence for any guilty charges that result from this. And it goes without saying that no plea deals or any other negotiation should be made here.

With regards to his attempts to forcing his trial cases, he also tried to move the New York trial to more GOP-friendly Staten Island IIRC, but it didn’t go anywhere either. I am not sure if the precedent will hold for the future attempts, as I do not know how legal cases like this work.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Simply barring him from office will absolutely not be enough for me. He can still do a lot of damage as a free man. Also, he was far more than a willing participant. He held the highest office of the United States, and was indispensable in the destruction of not just January 6th, but of the right wing violence from 2016 and beyond. And I live in one of the areas which has borne the brunt of that violence and his encouragement of that destruction.

Furthermore, I believe it goes without saying that if the most powerful leaders are found guilty of a punishable crime and is unrepentant of it, the maximum punishment needs to be imposed as a symbolic move to show that these efforts will not be tolerated.

It is for all for these reasons that I will not be satisfied for anything less than the statutory maximum sentence for any guilty charges that result from this. And it goes without saying that no plea deals or any other negotiation should be made here.

With regards to his attempts to forcing his trial cases, he also tried to move the New York trial to more GOP-friendly Staten Island IIRC, but it didn’t go anywhere either. I am not sure if the precedent will hold for the future attempts, as I do not know how legal cases like this work.
He tried to have it moved to Federal Court, with the hope being that he would be able to pardon himself if he is elected President.

Litleonid

I absolutely understand how you feel and I do genuinely want to see him behind bars. The US has never had a president more vile and corrupt than him and him being back in office would have severe consequences. It would be the end of democracy and help turn the US towards a Christo-facist state. I truly do want him behind bars. He has committed so many crimes and he truly needs to be held accountable, but I can't deny that I would get some satisfaction of at least having him barred from holding office. I am with you though that he deserves the maximum sentencing, and Judge Tanya Chutkan is more likely to give that to him.

JourneymanN00b

He tried to have it moved to Federal Court, with the hope being that he would be able to pardon himself if he is elected President.
Thank you for the clarification. I have to admit that I am not able to remember all of the details of the upcoming trials, and appreciate the information to set things straight.

I absolutely understand how you feel and I do genuinely want to see him behind bars. The US has never had a president more vile and corrupt than him and him being back in office would have severe consequences. It would be the end of democracy and help turn the US towards a Christo-facist state. I truly do want him behind bars. He has committed so many crimes and he truly needs to be held accountable, but I can't deny that I would get some satisfaction of at least having him barred from holding office. I am with you though that he deserves the maximum sentencing, and Judge Tanya Chutkan is more likely to give that to him.
Thank you for understanding my reasoning. It helps me believe that I am not thinking too crazy. Maybe I didn’t make it clear, but I believe that Tanya Chutkan is an exceptionally wise choice for the case since her past actions reflect proper justice. I also want to say thanks for your explanation, as I misread your post when I made my reply. Definite mistake on my part.

Litleonid

Thank you for understanding my reasoning. It helps me believe that I am not thinking too crazy. Maybe I didn’t make it clear, but I believe that Tanya Chutkan is an exceptionally wise choice for the case since her past actions reflect proper justice. I also want to say thanks for your explanation, as I misread your post when I made my reply. Definite mistake on my part.
Its alright really! I do understand what you mean when you say there is still a lot of damage Trump can do even as a free man, but he's significantly more dangerous when he actually has the power of the oval office. He can't be given the chance.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
**** Trump and I hope he rots in a federal prison, but he's just one big, ugly tumor caused by a deeper-rooted cancer in this country, a cancer that we need to effectively combat. I don't think executing him and making him a martyr would be a wise move to that end, even if it were realistically on the table. Drag him through a very well-publicized trial and show both him and the country at large that politicians and the wealthy are not, in fact, above the law and then throw him in a cell to wither away his last few years. Go after all of his assets wherever possible and see to it that he dies a powerless, penniless, discredited felon, not a martyr for qanoners, white supremecists, and fascists.

In the meantime, the rest of us need to be organizing, unionizing, and educating. It's the only hope we have of fixing this slow motion train wreck of a country before it completely devolves into violent fascism.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

**** Trump and I hope he rots in a federal prison, but he's just one big, ugly tumor caused by a deeper-rooted cancer in this country, a cancer that we need to effectively combat. I don't think executing him and making him a martyr would be a wise move to that end, even if it were realistically on the table. Drag him through a very well-publicized trial and show both him and the country at large that politicians and the wealthy are not, in fact, above the law and then throw him in a cell to wither away his last few years. Go after all of his assets wherever possible and see to it that he dies a powerless, penniless, discredited felon, not a martyr for qanoners, white supremecists, and fascists.

In the meantime, the rest of us need to be organizing, unionizing, and educating. It's the only hope we have of fixing this slow motion train wreck of a country before it completely devolves into violent fascism.
There's a lot in this concise post that I want to remark, so I hope everyone can bear with me as I try to fully respond.

1. Assuming that he is found guilty against Conspiracy Against Rights or any other charge on which the death penalty is the statutory maximum (which is not a guarantee, since I don't think we can 100% predict the future for stuff like this), I think the death penalty is justified based on my previous argument for the statutory maximum for any guilty charges. The ones who think that he is a martyr are going to cause trouble anyways, and I believe that the benefit of giving him the electric chair, lethal injection, or whatever legal method is available would outweigh any potential unrest that could come from this. It is clear that he will continue to wreak havoc while he is alive in any way possible.

2. Realistically, I doubt that he will be fully discredited in the way that you describe, as much as we want it, due to the fact that there are too many Qanoners, white supremacists, fascists, and other right-wing extremists that have been empowered in his wake. If these followers choose to rebel, I think we need to face this head on rather than show any indications of appeasement, as the violence is going to happen anyway. I suspect that it will take a couple of years past 2024 before we see any true resolution to this issue, however. However, I think this subject is certainly worth discussing in the near future when the indictment/trial talk dies down a bit.

3. I have participated in organizing and educating over the past six years, and I am sure many of you have done this. The problem is that too many Democratic groups and organizations are not willing to admit the mistakes that they made in 2020 and 2022, and many volunteers have quit due to being talked down to and having their feedback ignored. As a result, there has been quite a bit of donor and volunteer fatigue due to the higher ups' inability to learn from their errors. Which is why too many races have crap candidates getting the Democratic nominations or have insufficient Democratic outreach in key areas in the country. If people are interested, I can certainly provide an insider look at some races that I am volunteering for that are currently being neglected and are important at the Senate, House, and other downballot race levels. I think that this talk is also meant for another time, not only since people here are rightly focused on the indictment, but also because the data for some of these key races are incomplete as of now.

Phew. Hope everyone can understand this long post.

Last edited:

JourneymanN00b

So, the Orange Pervert and Tyrant apparently violated his release terms yesterday with a Truth Social post that tested his boundaries. Let's see if Tanya Chutkan is going to throw the book at him and locks him up NOW, as this asshole is screwed, either way. It’s a promise.

No matter where he goes, no matter what he does, the minorities (who are not the backstabbers from groups such as Blacks for Trump), the women, the poor, and the other people that he attacked are going to hunt him down.

They are going to hunt him down, and then they are going to slit his throat, and then they are going to cut him open and then THEY ARE GOING TO EAT HIS MOTHER ****ING HEART!

HE'D BETTER PRAY! DONALD TRUMP HAD BETTER ****ING PRAY THAT THE COPS ARREST HIM BEFORE THEY DO! GET ON HIS COCK SUCKING KNEES AND PRAY!

Bonus points to those who recognize which movie I am heavily basing this statement on, as I think the anger from that scene is more than warrranted here.

Seriously, it would be a lot better for everyone if Tanya Chutkan locks him up NOW, as there are people (not me, mind you) who would be more than willing to take matters into their own hands due to the right wing corruption.

Litleonid

I just want him to keep running his mouth. The more he does, the more ammo the judge has to use against him. We know he will keep running his mouth.

Litleonid

So we got some updates.

Tanya Chutkan REALLY is not messing around. She has ordered a hearing is held no later than Friday regarding the protective order. She is not messing around and will surely hold a trial before the 2024 election. Trump...of course is whining avout how "unfairly" he's being treated.

In other news, it seems Fani Wilis is preparing to indict Trump in regards to pressuring the Georgia Secretary of State to find 11,780 votes to overturn the results in Georgia. A 4th indictment is expected this week.

JourneymanN00b

Um, yeah, maybe slow down on the capped sentences, even if they're references.
Noted. Only put the capped sentences to make it accurate to the original quote. Going to remove this formatting in future references.
I just want him to keep running his mouth. The more he does, the more ammo the judge has to use against him. We know he will keep running his mouth.
I see what you are thinking, but this is just asking for more right wing domestic terrorists to wreak havoc. Given the amount of destruction that has already occurred, I cannot in good conscience encourage this talk to continue.

In other non-Trump news, Ohio’s issue 1 has been terminated, and it is not even close.

JourneymanN00b

I'm a bit out of the loop. Is the Ohio Issue 1 good or bad?
Issue 1 asked Ohio voters to decide whether to raise the support threshold required for future state constitutional amendments to 60%. Currently, just a majority is needed.

The issue 1 defeat means that a proposed amendment on the Ohio ballot in November will require just a simple majority to enshrine abortion rights in the state constitution. Secretary of State Frank LaRose pushed hard for issue 1, citing abortion as the reason.

Hope that explanation is enough.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It went a bit further than the 60% threshold. It also sought to rewrite the rules of citizen's initiative for ballot referendums.

Currently in Ohio, signatures need to come from 50% of state's counties as a baseline to cross a threshold in order for a referendum to be put up for vote, and if those signatures were tossed out by technicality, the initiatiors had a two week grace period to recollect the signatures and resubmit.

Issue 1 intended to bump that 50%, to 100% - every single Ohio county needed to have a valid signature before the threshold process could even be considered. And if enough signatures are tossed out, there is no grace period to resubmit - the initiative has to start over from the beginning, blank slate.

Issue 1 was a devilish means to make sure citizens initiatives would never happen again in Ohio. All it would take is one little excuse to dump one county's signatures out and waste the entire effort. **** that.