• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
If that's after the roll call of course people are going to leave, there's a break between that and the big speakers. The RNC was empty though, that's why they never showed the crowd.

L. Lawliet

Black Ice Trainer
If that's after the roll call of course people are going to leave, there's a break between that and the big speakers. The RNC was empty though, that's why they never showed the crowd.

Did you not watch it live? During Cruz and Trump Jr's speeches there were many crowd shots. Albeit the DNC has better camera angles and setups, but that not relevant

Silver Soul

Did you not watch it live? During Cruz and Trump Jr's speeches there were many crowd shots. Albeit the DNC has better camera angles and setups, but that not relevant

To be fair, people are likely to remember it for Cruz's civil war with Trump. The plagiarizing of Michelle Obama by Melania Trump and there's Donald's doom and gloom. After all, the RNC was lacking in star power in comparison to DNC.

bobjr

Staff member

For the front seating but the stadium was only 25-30% full at the best of times. The expanded seating was empty. The RNC was so bad that even Romney in 2012 pulled in better ratings.

L. Lawliet

Black Ice Trainer
To be fair, people are likely to remember it for Cruz's civil war with Trump. The plagiarizing of Michelle Obama by Melania Trump and there's Donald's doom and gloom. After all, the RNC was lacking in star power in comparison to DNC.

that's what you get when you have a liberal biased media. No one likes Fox, so you go to the others like CNN, which tend to do more stories on how trump hurt someones feelings than actual news.

Silver Soul

that's what you get when you have a liberal biased media. No one likes Fox, so you go to the others like CNN, which tend to do more stories on how trump hurt someones feelings than actual news.

If the media was liberal biased, Trump wouldn't be Presidential nominee with $2 billion worth of coverage!

Silver Soul

Are you serious? Most of that coverage has been negative.

It's basically free advertising for Trump because he wasn't properly vetted as a candidate. He resonated with Republican base by using racial foghorns instead of dog whistles and the GOP candidates barely attacked him until it was too late. Now we got reports of Trump University being a scam and among other things that the media slept on which could have destroyed Trump but TEH RATINGS! Besides, it's not like the base cared about facts because let's compare.

Clinton: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/

Trump: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

And Trump had the nerve to call Hillary crooked...

bobjr

Staff member
CNN is almost worse than Fox now. Fox is blatant about it, CNN hires Trump's campaign manager under the promise they won't say anything bad about Trump and then tries to act like they're neutral. Plus they want a close contest for ratings.

Plus what positives are there with Trump? Not even his family could really say anything good that wasn't a complete lie.

L. Lawliet

Black Ice Trainer
CNN is almost worse than Fox now. Fox is blatant about it, CNN hires Trump's campaign manager under the promise they won't say anything bad about Trump and then tries to act like they're neutral. Plus they want a close contest for ratings.

Plus what positives are there with Trump? Not even his family could really say anything good that wasn't a complete lie.

His wife doesn't have a list of sexual harassment claims on her. CNN has had all negative coverage on trump since day one.

Silver Soul

His wife doesn't have a list of sexual harassment claims on her. CNN has had all negative coverage on trump since day one.

You really underestimate the racism and ignorance of Trump's base. After all, Trump is fighting "Political Correctness".

Well, there's also Ivana who was Trump's first wife which lead to this comment from his lawyer.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...nald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html

Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as a private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”
“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

Last edited:
Youtube is like reddit where it's an echo chamber for what you want to hear

But you can do that with any source on the internet, though. YouTube is fair game as a source, my only issue is that people aren't very likely to sit through something that's likely to be ten or so minutes long, whereas an article you can easily skim for all the relevant information.

The biggest part of this is the financial happenings of the Victory Fund, which was supposedly a joint fundraising opportunity for the DNC, however only 1% of the $60 Mil+ from that fund actually made it back into the state parties, the rest was funneled back into the Clinton campaign in order to skirt around contribution regulations.

This sort of makes it a joke when she says that she wants to pull for campaign finance reform, and then goes and pulls something like that.

Bringing DWS right back into her campaign and appointing her honorary chair after resigning was also a mistake. Should you be corrupt and impartial, don't worry. If you're loyal to the Clintons, they'll have your back. That's a fantastic message to send. I agree that Hilary is our best chance at achieving Sanders policies, you would have to be a fool not to believe that. I think you have to be a little obtuse though to not understand why fringe Bernie supporters simply don't believe her.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
did we really just spend time debating crowd angles?

I think you have to be a little obtuse though to not understand why fringe Bernie supporters simply don't believe her.
It's a matter of what you place more emphasis on as far as how to trust people and what you've been exposed to.

Most people I know who don't trust her are really just cherrypicking one or two stories and saying that's why, whilst ignoring every good thing she's done right.

If there's one thing I've learned from this cycle, confirmation bias is how everybody including myself makes decisions on these candidates.

Except Trump. That dude really has no positives.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Last edited:

Silver Soul

Looks like Julian Assange has promised more leaks related to the election in the coming months.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-promises-021800477.html

So when the sources of the leaks are presumably revealed 'some people may have egg on their faces'. I wonder what he means by that.

He wants to hurt Clinton badly for intervening in Libya, you know something which Trump advocated for. Yeah, no collaboration with the Russian hackers here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/u...emocratic-emails-to-harm-hillary-clinton.html

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Most people I know who don't trust her are really just cherrypicking one or two stories and saying that's why, whilst ignoring every good thing she's done right.

Take it from Sarah Silverman, who previously supported Bernie Sanders.

Sarah Silverman said:
Can I say something? To the 'Bernie or Bust' people, you're being ridiculous.

I will be honest in that I was supporting Bernie over Hillary. Now that Hillary has became the DNC nominee, the reality is that she and only she can beat Donald Trump. As far as the people I know that are voting Jill Stein, I know that third party votes are known as "protest votes". I feel that people should vote third party over not voting at all. However, with what you said earlier, GhostAnime, Hillary Clinton has been subject to be judge on the more negative side of things. I would add that Hillary also seems to be subject to more scrutiny than pretty much all other politicians in this race. Benghazi has been presumably been studied more than the 2001 terrorist attacks (9/11). I always thought that it was a Republican revenge fantasy, and I still think it's a Republican revenge fantasy.

Also, one note about Jill Stein. I know she's running against Hillary, but I really wish she would calm down about Bernie supporting Hillary. You'd think that Bernie was hypnotized by what she is saying.

If there's one thing I've learned from this cycle, confirmation bias is how everybody including myself makes decisions on these candidates.
That's unfortunately true. People can also send baseless attacks (as see Obama, the atheist Muslim communist dictator who wasn't born in the US, and plans to destroy the Constitution.

Except Trump. That dude really has no positives.
Positives: Didn't go to an anti-gay rally.

Contrary to popular opinion, Ted Cruz isn't much better. The GOP ran to shiitake mushrooms when it was basically dumb vs. dumber (oh and Kasich was there).